Poorjoy's asylum is...

When on a map with summoners or Acton's nightmare, were the dead rise automatically, always have a x-offering, devouring totem, infernal blow, dd, dd-totem, zombie-totem or SOMETHING with you, that gets rid of corpses.
The offerings are by far the fastest to clear corpses, devouring totem restores life and mana for you. Or have a fire build + the pyre or a cold build and shatter the corpses.
While not everyone has a cold or fire build, most people can probably use any of the other methods to get rid of corpses.
Conversion trap can also be handy, but doesn't do the job nearly as well.
Bird lover of Wraeclast
Las estrellas te iluminan - Hoy te sirven de guía
Te sientes tan fuerte que piensas - que nadie te puede tocar
Tried it in tempest, i had your same bad luck: zombie summoners with corpse explosion.

At one point a mob exploded a two magic miscreation and dealt me 2.5k in one hit each with 76% fire res. Downing me to 1k life

I had to insta log out. No way i will EVER do this map with the detonate dead mobs, it's just a 100% RIP if they ever crit
"
Mahesys wrote:
Tried it in tempest, i had your same bad luck: zombie summoners with corpse explosion.

At one point a mob exploded a two magic miscreation and dealt me 2.5k in one hit each with 76% fire res. Downing me to 1k life

I had to insta log out. No way i will EVER do this map with the detonate dead mobs, it's just a 100% RIP if they ever crit

It's doable with a ranged char if you have enough dps/hitpoints and don't let anything near you. With melee, I guess you'll have to be absurdly tanky. As Mikro said, corpse consuming/destroying mechanics help a lot.

I like the map very much, it gives excellent XP, good item drops and a 5 chaos orb div card (drops often). But you need a cookie cutter ranged build to clear it safely.
The Wheel of Nerfs turns, and builds come and pass, leaving memories that become legend. Legend fades to myth, and even myth is long forgotten when the build that gave it birth comes again.
Last edited by Bars on Aug 25, 2015, 4:35:49 AM
What used to be a unique feature of the map was "area is an extra large maze". The maze affix has since been removed from the game.
The chance to Vaal +1% maximum resists on an amulet is less than 1/300.
I got a Poorjoy's from Zana.
Did not notice it until I had to recast my totems many times faster than normal.
Died once because I was in a hurry.
A lot of damage, but do-able. Boss is very easy. I never saw him/her/it, just the loot explosion.

Got around 8 chaos from the map (5 chaos from a div. card) and a fair belt.
Not a bad map. I would play the map again for sure.
"
Bars wrote:
"
Mahesys wrote:

It's doable with a ranged char if you have enough dps/hitpoints and don't let anything near you. With melee, I guess you'll have to be absurdly tanky. As Mikro said, corpse consuming/destroying mechanics help a lot.

I like the map very much, it gives excellent XP, good item drops and a 5 chaos orb div card (drops often). But you need a cookie cutter ranged build to clear it safely.

Ye a corpse-consuming tool would have prevented it.

Honestly i panicked too much that i didn't really retry it. Not worth the risk since at level 90 Exp is pretty low in that map anyway.

Didn't really expect those mobs sicne i did Poorjoy's other 3 times in the past without encountering them.. well i learned the hard way :)
"
Mahesys wrote:

Ye a corpse-consuming tool would have prevented it.

Honestly i panicked too much that i didn't really retry it. Not worth the risk since at level 90 Exp is pretty low in that map anyway.

Didn't really expect those mobs sicne i did Poorjoy's other 3 times in the past without encountering them.. well i learned the hard way :)

It needs some getting used to the detonate deads. If you don't let a corpse anywhere near you, it's easy. I had the advantage of starting in Warbands and learning it with a softcore build and some deaths along the way :)
The Wheel of Nerfs turns, and builds come and pass, leaving memories that become legend. Legend fades to myth, and even myth is long forgotten when the build that gave it birth comes again.
Last edited by Bars on Aug 25, 2015, 5:35:13 AM
Poorjoy's Asylum 2.0 is a nightmare for melee evasion characters.
The only thing my build can't stand to, I've done one before 2.0 and two after. In my opinion it needs a rework after the changes in 2.0 because in its current state is too dangerous or too unrewarding. The last time I've done one it had rings as a drop and here is what I kept, for reference
Spoiler
I used to enjoy this map back in 1.3, few days ago I try the "New" poorjoy, damn that was a pain in the ass, c'mon! seriusly? I can kill Atziri easy, but this poorjoy it'a a lot harder and annoying.
"This Is A Buff" (Bex_GGG august 30, 2016)

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info