Poorjoy's asylum is...

...un-be-fucking-lievably tedious! I had 4-15 fast summoners with corpse explosion per screen. Who could possibly consider that fun?! Every room was a drag. My health never really went below about 30%, but it took for fucking ever to clear this map. At the end of it, I was so annoyed that I stopped playing after vendoring 6 inventories of trash.

Gods, what a crap experience!
Suggestion: Add more titty bitches to replace at least half of those fucking summoners.
May your maps be bountiful, exile
Last bumped on Apr 29, 2016, 3:57:19 PM
This thread has been automatically archived. Replies are disabled.
I've run it a couple of times now, and always enjoyed it a lot. Not quite sure what your problems are.
Remove Horticrafting station storage limit.
never considered Poorjoy's a Unique Map.
it's more like the scariest doomsday Rare map you'll ever run, with added flavor text.
to this day I fail to understand how "all monsters do shitload of damage" can be considered a unique modifier.

nonetheless, I only tried it twice.
in the first time I got completely obliterated, because melee in 1.3 was.... "fun".
in the second I fully cleared it, because ranged in 1.3 was UBER-RANGED.
died twice though. 2nd time because opening a rare Strongbox full of laggy super-beasties, just before exiting a fully-cleared map, seemed like a really good idea.

in 2.0, GGG took monster damage and doubled it.
while quadrupling lags, freezes and crashes for my PC.
no Poorjoy's for me.
good luck in it, if your name isn't Mortezzah, the face-tanking Uber-Atziri Farmer.
Alva: I'm sweating like a hog in heat
Shadow: That was fun
Last edited by johnKeys on Aug 24, 2015, 4:50:13 PM
Seriously? I fully cleared it the other day as an incinerate witch (lvl 87, overleveled but not really over-geared) together with a lvl 80 flame totem witch. Both died once due to careless play.

It is difficult, but by no means extreme.
Really? I think it's super fun, one of my fave unique maps tbh. Guess I'm odd, then. :/
"
Char1983 wrote:
...Not quite sure what your problems are.

Killing raised zombie horde after raised zombie horde after raised zombie horde after raised zombie horde after raised zombie horde after raised zombie horde after raised zombie horde (repeat until you're as sick of it as I was), each time downing a summoner or two, but there are always 5 more, in every goddamn room.
It was just a grind, not an interesting fight. Boss dropped lots of belt, though, so that was OK I guess. Boss also died after 2 shots, while most of the summoners in that map took about a dozen (or two) hits to down. Open a strong box: 3 groups of high power turbo-speed raising fucking summoners. More grind until they and their fucking zombies are finally all dead. No variation, no fun, like a marathon without ever getting that runner's high. Bleeeeeaaargh...

At least Atziri was a varied fight and my adrenaline level was just below the eyeballs. This map was just tedious, neither very challenging nor any fun at all.

Phew, needed to get that off my chest.
Understand my problem now? ;)
May your maps be bountiful, exile
Yeah, however, I didnt find it that bad. Atziri was a lot harder, and if you managed to kill her Poorjoys should not be a problem at all. I think. Anyways, IIRC there were summoners in D2 that could raise each other, be happy that those times are over ;).
There are necros that can raise themselves in Actons.

Poorjoy is tough when your character is low level or not tanky enough. When I was a n00b I made it through but it was no cakewalk.
Censored.

Abyssal cry, no i just continiue to get anoyed whit all on death effect... or should trie?
Last edited by nEVER_BoRN on Aug 24, 2015, 11:33:22 PM
You say that till you get a Poorjoy's with the rings or ammy dropping from the boss!
One of the best maps in the game! You dont just take any ol build in there and do good either!
There is a fine line between Consideration and Hesitation.
The former is Wisdom, the latter is Fear.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info