[2.0] The Hexard Incinerate HEXA curser.

Guide designed for 2.0.x The Awakening

Im playing hexa curser marauder since awakening release and i decided to share with u my experiance during this time .

Gameplay: 76 random map How to curse

Level 80 excavation+boss kill

Build summary

With a decent amount of life , armour , equipped with a shiled and Mind over Matter, and six curses this build is able to clear high level content with ease.

The important keystone of this build are :

Whispers of Doom: The most immportant passive for this build allowing u to have an additional curse.

Mind Over Matter : A very good source of defese takeing 30% of the damage u recive from mana before life.

Unwavering Stance: Since i cant run grace , my evasion is 0 anyway might as well taking the advantage of stun immunity.

Required Gear

Since u are a curser and no rare item can provide an additional curse(beside corrupted amulet) almost all your equipment will be unique at base.
There are 3 uniques that provide u with an additional curse:
x2

With the wispers of doom passive at this moment u can have :
1 curse from passive
2 curses from both rings
1 curse from boots
for a total of 5 curses . In order to get your 6 curse u will have to corrupt an amulet like this

brining u to a total of 6 curses.

gem choices

Helm:2g1r1b

Link Cwdt ->frost wall->enhance->level 20 temporal chains.
Keep cwdt at level one in order to proc frost wall but not temporal chain. I use temporal chains 20/20 with enhance when i have to run or kite a boss since is more effective that lvl 1 temporal chains that comes from Asenath's gloves.

Weapon:2b1g

Link Incinerate->greater multiple projectile->spell echo
Incinerate is going to be your main and only damage ability. Currently with this setup i have 9000 dps on incinerate (counting also the iron will from the weapon.)
Finnaly managed to corrupt a lvl 10 faster casting on weapon bringing 3l to a 5l

Shield:2b1r

Link Enduring cry to generate 3 endurance charges for an extra 12 physical damage reduction.
Flame Dash as movement skill
In the 3rd socket u can use whatever u want ... U can go replace Flame Dash with lightning warp and reduced duration . Or keep both like i do. (Faster casting is getting leveled in there)

Body armour:5b1r

Link Lightning ball->Curse on Hit->curse1->curse2->curse3->curse4

More datailed info about party/solo setup comming soon.

Gloves:2b1g1r

Link Increase duration->vaal haste
Purity of elements and chaos golem.

Boots:4r

Link Cast when damage taken->Molten Shell->Increase duration -> immortal call

My gear detailed

I have decide to go marauder due to the fact that alot of uniques,most of the time, doesnt give u the life needed to survive . As u can see none of the unique gives me life. Thie only life from gear comes from belt , body armour and a small amound from gloves.

Another reason for starting marauder were the extra life and extra armor passive u get early on.

Down i will explain my gear selection and why u should take the same items.

Weapon:

Pure math. I have almost 440 strenght that is translated in ~55% extra damage, 10% base elemental damage, 58% spell damage from lvl 30 iron will + 90% spell damage from strength . That brings us to ~200% more damage on incinerate . On top on that it has strength for a bit of life and cast speed. I wouldnt trade that for any wand. And is even very cheap... 1 chaos orb in warbands

Helm:

Awesome synergize with curses. it gives 20% elemental damage + 20% more damage per curse . That means a total of 120% damage on incinerate from just one item . Great if u run solo maps . On party groups u may replace it with an armour based one with life and resists.

Shield:

Obvious choice 4% max elemental resistance. If u fight against high plysical damage dealer boss change it to something with more armour. I never do it but is an option.

Amulet:

I use an atziri foible because when i got it there werent so many available on market. It also helps with dexterity requirments. I will replace it with an amulet with life+ something else like resists, spell damage, %armour,mana regen. alot of choices here.

Rings:

No comment.

Body armour:

I use a hybrid armour/energy shield cheat for easy colors. I leveled with tabula then i buyed this white armour with 3ex and i reroll it until i got what u see. BIS armour here would be an astral plate with life, 3 resists and 2k+ armour . But getting 5 blue colors is a nightmare. But dont worry armour/es chests can be good too that is just THE DREAM.

Gloves

Another hard thing to get is a pair of asenath gloves with vulnerability corrupt on them. Why? Is they only way to remove the need to manualy curse and apply everything in one big lightning ball. Until i got the corruption i used to manualy triple curse + lightning ball linked with 2 curses + temp chain gloves.

Belt:

Aim for armour , life, resistance. Nothing much to say here.

Boots:

No comment

passive tree

Im currently level 95 in warbands.
Passive tree

Bandits

Normal: Help OAK for extra life
Cruel: Kill all for skill point
Merci: Kill all for skill point

Jewels

Since u are using alot of uniques capping resist may be a challenge. In order to do that im running purity of elements and taking jewels with elemental resistance. U can see my jewels in the passive tree.
I also use two unique jewels: one to boost my strength and the other to boost dexterity for equipping vaal haste.

screenshot
Comming soon

pros and cons

Pros:

High physical damage reduction 80% physical damage reduction with golem and flask. Even more if u run determination

Good defenses with saffell's shield (4% all max resists), mind over matter , decent armour, and the most immportant the devensive curses : warlord mark, enfeeble and temporal chain.

Fun to play . U wont see so many hexa cursers out there .

Can be played solo and in group. Huge help in partys as a support

Can do any map mods except curse immune.

Fairly cheap around 6 exalted orbs end game.

Cons:

Low movement speed.

Not the fastest map clear speed.

Q&A

Q:Can be played on hardcore leagues ?
A:I wouldnt recommand it as dps/support. There are a few thing that can easily kill u like some nasty bloodline totems wich cant be cursed. U can play hc with a friend as pure support but this will require some build changes as well as uniques.

Q. How much does your gear cost?
A: Less that 6 exalted orbs.(most of them for a 6l body armor) Half that if u play with a 5l and cast 1 curse manually.Half it again if u use a tabula (but u lose alot of armour dont recomand after lvl 80+)

Q:What other classes can play this build?
A:Scion,Templar and Witch.

Q: Atziri viable ?
A: Normal yes. Havent tried uber.

More on request.

Last edited by Caldoni on Sep 20, 2015, 4:11:18 AM
Awesomely good! Saw him in action during party, both very strong as a versatile player and as a party supporter. Thumbs up!!
Added lvl 80 map run
Hi, i find it very interesting to play with so much curses, but have i overlooked something, i cant see more than 4 curses in your shown equipment, where do the other 2 curses come from?
"
BloodyAgent wrote:
Hi, i find it very interesting to play with so much curses, but have i overlooked something, i cant see more than 4 curses in your shown equipment, where do the other 2 curses come from?

This ones comes from body armor.
Warlord mark
Enfeeble
Elemental Weakness
Flammability

The other two curses , temporal chains and vulnerability comes from
Very interesting build. Definitely gonna try it out in the future :)
bump

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info