Developer Questions and Answers

Do you have any plans in near future to add proper trading system in the game?

Thnx!
Mirror of Kalandra?
Any chance that we can have a different ui effect when going bm rather then just a greyed out mana globe? Its abit boring and horrid just having it there the whole time, maybe an outline of ur classes face or something in its place?
Are there any plans to make the challenge league grind to a level 8 master a lot more fun? Currently, getting a master to level 8 is viewed as extremely boring, even by top players who grind to level 100 in less than a month. While the entire game is about grinding, it does so in more interesting ways than simply trying to get in as many other people's instances by any means necessary, just to share their generally easy, low/no-risk of death master missions. Missions are often very tedious, with a lack of variety and QoL problems with needing to run across an entire map to turn in a completed missions.

Aside from watching public chat channels and picking your daily masters, there is no way to deterministically farm a specific master. Would it be reasonable to develop (or expand) a system that makes masters highly likely to spawn over other masters in certain zones/maps, or something else that accomplishes the same goal?

Is it likely for the balance team to tweak metamod crafting costs and/or the rarity of key mods such as "+1 to all gems" in the future? I find it wrong that the cost/chance seems so many times lower to naturally find or create with normal crafting orbs any +3 weapon. I also find it boring that metamod crafted +3 weapons, especially bows, are essentially perfect with almost nothing greater to aspire to, unlike metamod crafted weapons for typical attack or spell builds.

What does GGG think of the idea of masters who do not add stats to items, but instead modify existing mods? This seems especially necessary for items like potions and jewels which have fewer maximum affixes. For example, a potion crafter who will (for a cost) change a flask between similar mods such as Bubbling and Seething prefixes while retaining the same suffix. Or a gear/jewel crafter who shifts resistances from one element to another, without increasing the total resistances given.
Will you guys be updating this official site's Item Data web page at all? Currently there are many inaccuracies on it such as a level 60 Dunes map and no mention of jewels, but also several of those sub pages like the Weapons list are not up to date at all despite you guys adding the Maraketh weapons. A Rusted Hatchet in game does not need character level 2 to equip for example.

Yes, the wiki does exist and it's usually updated pretty fast, but it seems rather odd that the official site of all places does not have updated information.

Will you guys ever offer graphics options to tone down particle effects either in their entirety or just for other characters and mobs that aren't the player character? Will you guys make an option to tone down or turn off rain for example since it can cause significant graphics problems?

Why were the "Low" graphics settings, specifically texture work, taken out of the game options and instead only made changeable via the production_config.ini file?
I REALLY want to know how many vendor recipes have NOT been discovered yet, if not an exact number then maybe a more generalized response such as "a lot" or "not many".

Sorry if this was asked before in this thread, but there's already 7 pages to look through :P
Designer of Unending Hunger and The Craving divination card.
"
Niustein wrote:

As it stands right now, Divination cards feel like an extra piece of currency that might occasionally drop. Their current implementation makes it so I will never go and farm it myself. It was brought up shortly after the release, and I made a topic that got some traction behind it a month into the league (about 2 weeks ago).

Will divination cards be something that sees any changes?

I can answer you that: This are designers fault who designed absurdly rare stuff (like mjölner, wripper, 3 Ex, 20 Fusings etc). You cannot expect to find a unique card more often then the item itself. Bullnyerk.

OT:

Are there any alternative ways planned to grind for exp, beside end game maps ?

Are there any plans to give us back some spell damage defences ? Spellblock, max res etc.

Could you provide us with some datas about GGG and their economical growth ? :D

Aura choice are still feeling lackluster. Are there any more auras planned to increase diversity ?

While Daresso dream feels really good, lore wise, im still missing a bit in Kaoms path. Are there any implementations planned to "feel" more with Kaoms, like we do with Daresso ? ;)
Welcome to the greatest of arenas, Duelist. God is watching you.

Is it possible to level Krillson to level 2?

How many vendor recipes are absent from the wiki?
I sometimes run into a little problem that when iam master crafting or buying from vendors it states that i dont have the currency, in which i will have to run back and forth.
Will there be an option to select the tabs you want currency be taken from?
Maybe like a check box you can check on the stash tab?
That way people can still save up currency in a stash tab without accidentally spending i.
Playing since 0.9.2g
1) Are some unique items still gated behind ilvl? Is there any possibility this restriction can be removed so that people can find these at any point and possibly continue playing for longer?

My experience and motivations for this question

"
I've had multiple characters 80+ (including awakening closed beta) and I've been playing the game since the original Open Beta in 2013. The best unique I've ever found was Alpha's Howl and a Drillneck (which was in Awakening beta). I am extremely frustrated with this game in terms of what I can find vs what I am forced to trade to acquire. I wish all unique items could be obtained in low level maps, low level zones or in act 4 boss runs so that we could at least find cool stuff playing the game whatever way we wanted.

When asked about Divination Cards, Chris said that one of the motivations was that "players didn't want to be randomly playing the game to find a certain item" and I feel like that is still the case especially considering that divination cards turned out to be trading tools rather than something you can actually go after and collect. Which leads me to the next question:

2) Are you happy with Divination Cards drop rate? Have you consider having all of them require more cards to complete a set but drop more often so that players could actually feel the progress?

Motivations for this question

"
One of the most popular cards is The Incantation (1/4 for Whispering Ice) and many people complain that the lack of progression towards the goal of completing this card set is incredibly frustrating because you can play 8+ hours a day and not find. Plus, due to the point brought up in question #1, you don't getting anything good while farming for the card because good unique or rare items only appear after 75 or 78 maps, which makes the experience even more frustrating

3) Not really a question but a sum of my thoughts.

I want to log in the game, play and be rewarded for whatever way I choose to play.

Right now I feel like the game forces me to explore content like high level maps or Atziri because some items are only obtainable through those. And I also feel like the game forces me to trade because some items are so rare that your only chance of getting them is to have a league with a lot of people playing so that someone can find them.

Trading and bartering is fun when you do it for the sake of accumulating wealth but it is not fun when you are doing it because it is your only way to acquire certain items.
I have some major questions concerning mines and their attributes and while these questions are mildly similar to some other here they have varying points of questioning and concern.

Are mines being looked at for changes at all in any of the following issues?

Attributes such as:

* The mines cast Ai: mines triggered while no mobs are present in the mines "cast range" (which is different than their spells inherit cast range) fire randomly, an extremely detrimental behavior on single cast constructs especially with projectiles.

* Odd interaction with aoe target spells: they will only cast directly on the mine cutting the effective range of firestorm, coldsnap, rain of arrows, and the like. This is a behavior that is odd out as these spells are not cast at enemies but rather at location unlike other spells

* Detonating animation: mine will only detonate while the player is currently undergoing the "detonate" animation, Volatile mines shortens the time you are locked in but also makes it possible to fail to detonate mines that are still in the "arming" animation leading to the common complaint "volatile mines is not working"

odd out concerns: Largely unimportant and mostly complaints so these can be ignored
Spoiler

* Arming time: arming time is an unknowable stat to players that hangs around .2 seconds. this stat is hugely important in players clear-speed and understanding of mines and should be available on the tool-tip

* tremor rods "rearm time" does not scale with mine laying speed is this intended?

* Mine laying speed is rare on the tree and on gear, would cast/attack speed-> mine-laying speed conversion jewels ever be a possibility.

* Mines have three "true skills" being smoke mine fire nova mine and freeze mine with the remote mine support adding a variety of other choices. Are other mine skills a possibility or were mine skills blacklisted for development because they are so clunky right now.

* Last Are mines open for changes on the passive tree or is GGG happy with the current positioning and balance of mines (disregarding qol).

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info