Back from a week's time out

Not saying I didn't deserve it... but in this last week there were dozens of posts far worse than the one I got a week for which were left without even a warning. Might have been sensitized to it, but really would hope that suspensions were given out a bit more consistently.
How my last two probations went: Got banned for a week both times, wrote an email to support about how it's not fair both times, support said yeah you're right and lifted the bans both times. Such cases.
GGG banning all political discussion shortly after getting acquired by China is a weird coincidence.
"
Shagsbeard wrote:
Not saying I didn't deserve it... but in this last week there were dozens of posts far worse than the one I got a week for which were left without even a warning. Might have been sensitized to it, but really would hope that suspensions were given out a bit more consistently.

You smell, and I am pretty sure your dissertation was copied from wikipedia.

WB Shags :)
== Officially Retired 27/02/2019 ==

Massive thanks to GGG for producing such a fun and engaging game, it has taken up faaaaaaar too much of my life over the last 5 years.

Best of luck in the future!
What did you do to get on the naughty list?
Honestly, there was a time I didn't get it, but I've come to realize anything I have to do or say, or any point I have to make is not only not worth risking a probation, or other in-game disciplinary actions, but on the internet (or an online game) saying anything, no matter how meaningful/constructive/productive it really is (unless it's directed towards GGG in the form of feedback) is just another drop of water in the ocean.

This is why I try to spend time enjoying the game, helping new players, and keeping to myself aside from that.

As a result of keeping to myself or helping new players consistently I was actually pretty proud of myself when I emailed Samantha regarding something I needed help with and in the reply email she mentioned how I had been "contributing positively to the community over the past few months". Not sure how she knew, and I was surprised she noticed, but it was definitely accurate.

In the end, it really comes down to refusing to do or say anything that doesn't meet these requirements (at least in the path of exile community):

- it is something GGG would approve of.
- it benefits someone other than yourself.
- it is not sarcastic or can be easily perceived as offensive.

This is my experience anyhow, and how I've grown after receiving many, and in some cases severe, disciplinary actions from GGG in the past (none recently). Now, not only have I learned from it all, but I also realized none of the actions against my account were personal with GGG.
Designer of Unending Hunger and The Craving divination card.
Last edited by FriendlyGamerGuy on Aug 24, 2015, 12:24:27 AM
You've turned into a good pet, that doesn't resist!

Well earned. :)
I am the light of the morning and the shadow on the wall, I am nothing and I am all.
"
coatofarms wrote:
What did you do to get on the naughty list?

I was overly critical of them adding the pets last week instead of working on issues that I felt were more important. I was kind of snarky about it too.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info