۞ Shajirr's Investment Fund ۞ [CLOSED]

Current status: closed

As of 23.01.2016 all funds were fully withdrawn by investors.

I have come to the decision to close down the project.

This is due to the combination of multiple factors, such as:

- I have less time, which means direct reduction in profit being made
- PoE not having any kind of trading system. There isn't any way to trade offline, which means that if you aren't at the PC and got PoE running in the background, nothing is being done.
Even 20 year old online games allowed you to at least set up a shop and leave it open, so you could sell stuff even while afk, but not here.
- GGG quadrupled droprate of rare and not so rare uniques, which made them unviabvle to trade in, since profit margin per item was reduced from multiple exalts to less than one. Great many items suddenly stopped bringing any noticeable profit.
- effectiveness of the trading program that I started using (Blackmarket) was far, far below my expectations. Even tracking like 30 different items gave a result result of 1-2 deals a day at best, zero at worst.
- due to the aforementioned factors I am unable to upscale the profit in relation to how much currency people invest. Not being able to sell/buy while being offline plays a huge part in this.

So, from now I will be returning all of your current shares + any unsold items.

The project may be reopened if an offline trading system will be implemented in PoE.
However trading hasn't really been changed in the last three years so I am not optimistic about this.

Welcome!

* Do you have some spare currency or items just lying in your stash without much use?
* Perhaps you play in temporary leagues but would still like to increase your standard currency levels just in case you want to test some stuff there?
* Would you like to earn more currency without actually doing anything at all?

If you answered yes to at least one of these questions, then you have come to the right place!

This is an investment fund project.
Currently on standard only.

Basic idea is simple - you invest currency into my trading operations, and I share a part of the profit generated from your investment with you. I am a trader dealing usually with all kinds of uniques.

Your profit will depend of how large in % your share is from the fund's total.
Larger share means that my cut will be lower and you retain more profit.
Exact values are posted further down below.

Making currency with zero effort! Too good to be true! What is the catch here?
That would be returning your share if you decide to retrieve it - small investments like several ex I will usually be able to return right away, but larger ones will require me to sell something first, since more than likely that almost all currency will be locked into items waiting for sales.

What about the losses? Can I lose money?
Technically yes, but you will not be accountable for any losses below your initial investment, so that sum is safe. It might be some reassurance that there are less than 5% deals overall that end up in losses. Trading uniques helps a great deal, as I can always more-or-less accurately estimate a price of any given item, while with some rares there is literally no way to do so. If any losses in trading do occur, for example if an item which I bought suddenly plummets in value, generally you wouldn't even know about that, because the loss on that item will be compensated by profit made from selling other items.

What is in it for you?
Investments by other players allow me to increase the number of trading operations I can perform, and therefore increase my profit as well! This also allows me to use higher priced items, which I wasn't able to use before, meaning more profit per one transaction.

Rules
* You may invest in either popular currency (ex/chaos/fuse), or items. Your item(s) will be sold, I take 10% commission from their price, and the rest is counted as your investment.
Commission only applies to items. Only items of 1+ ex worth are accepted.
Note that until the items from your initial investment are sold, you do not have a share in the fund and are not eligible for profit distribution. You can always check the state of your share on this page.
* All profit earned by the fund is being distributed between investors based on their shares. I take part of the profit, which depends on how large your share is in % from the fund's total assets. Exact values are listed down below.
* Fund's data will be published here in this thread, including fund's profit and all shares including mine. If someone doesn't want his name to be mentioned here, he can request to be listed as anonymous. A complete report will be published/updated weekly on Mondays.
* If you choose to retrieve your share or a part of it, you request it one week in advance.
If possible, I will try to return at least some part of it right away, if the fund will have any free currency at that moment.
Note that once the requested amount of currency is gathered, it is subtracted from your share, and is no longer eligible for profit distribution for this week, since I won't use it in any trading operations.
* Any profit made is being reinvested automatically, this happens each week, same time as report is being published. Alternatively, you can choose to cancel the reinvestment - in this case your share will stay the same, but any profit that you made will always be ready for you to be collected.
* Any investments that you make will be added to your share starting from the next Monday, after the new weekly report is published. Investments made on Monday will be added immediately, while those made on Tuesday or later will be added starting from next week.
This rule's purpose is to simplify profit calculations.
* When you request to withdraw either your share or/and the profit made, it is being returned in exalts. Fractional part (<1ex) is returned in either fuses or chaos orbs, using the average conversion rates which are valid for that date.

Other info
* If you wish to retrieve some funds, I advise to do it on Sunday / Monday, as a large portion of sales happens at the weekend, so I will more likely to have some currency on hand.

Profit cut / share (%)
45% / x < 5%
40% / 5% <= x < 10%
35% / 10% <= x < 20%
30% / 20% <= x < 30%
25% / x> 30%

My additional contacts:
reddit
Steam (leave message on my profile's comments)

I would prefer if you contact me on reddit for personal messages as I pretty much check it daily. If you have any questions I would gladly answer them.
Increasing Field of View in PoE: /1236921
Last edited by Shajirr on Jan 23, 2016, 1:16:08 PM
۞ Fund's status reports & history (limited access) - investors only
۞ Fund's status reports & history (public access)

Difference between the two - public access version has some nicknames hidden for people who requested it and is updated weekly, while limited access version is updated in real time.

In order to request access to the limited version either send me PM here on forum or directly ingame.

Note that you need a Google account for this, if you don't have one just create a new dummy acc. You can get a link which will work without any authentication, but as I found out it is temporary and deactivates after some time, probably for security reasons, and there is no way to make it permanent.
Last edited by Shajirr on Oct 19, 2015, 11:02:50 AM
+ reserved
Last edited by Shajirr on Sep 1, 2015, 3:53:32 PM
Important news

1 Sept 2015 - Unique and Divination Card Drop Rate Changes in 2.0.3
"
All rare and super-rare Unique items now drop four times as often as they previously did. Yes, this means that four times as many Mjölners or Shavronne's Wrappings will now drop.
Last edited by Shajirr on Sep 2, 2015, 11:01:50 AM
Lets give this a try I invested 2 uniques if this works out i might reinvest / invest more.
This reminds me of an elaborate scam in EVE Online :3
GGG banning all political discussion shortly after getting acquired by China is a weird coincidence.
Removed some excessive non-standard characters ;)
I still want it to look somewhat different from regular threads here to be more recognisable though.

Lets just say that it is not in my intention to go against what is outlined in this thread.
I really don't like farming Dom and similar methods of gaining currency, and mostly rely on trading.

Getting banned on poe.trade would pretty much put an end to that, and short-term gains of not returning some currency/items would be pathetic compared to what I can make if I actually earn trust and expand my trading operations further on with more investments.

Last edited by Shajirr on Aug 23, 2015, 8:01:44 PM
I'm fairly certain this does not belong in General Discussion...
"
"
Sorry, I totally reported this as a bot thread because of that title. Then reported my report.

Have a free bump by way of apology.

[Removed by Support]

So I guess that makes you Internal Affairs then right?

I agree with Charan about the trust, good luck OP. I have a feeling you'll need it but if you're still doing this when the leagues merge I'll happily take a gamble with you. :)
Just a lowly standard player. May RNGesus be with you.
Last edited by Rachel on Aug 25, 2015, 1:35:25 PM
"
ivkoto77777 wrote:
I'm fairly certain this does not belong in General Discussion...

Well the project itself is kinda trading-related, however, it doesn't belong in Shops because that area is governed by indexers and trading programs, so it will get instantly buried there.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info