MoreRain: Life&ES CoC Discharge [2.2]

Hey this build looks nice- I have always wanted to play a discharger

So, I have been collecting gear and I have a couple questions.

earlier in the postings you said the dps calculator claimed the dps would be higher with x-y fire damage added instead of x-y cold on the dagger? This is because the ice nova- discharge order is reversed and triggers EE again anyway?
Just want to be sure before i throw that mod onto it.

Next; you posted an excellent demonstration for creating a 1 stat rare with crafting lvl 8- I have all lvl 8 masters and have a

If I understand correctly I can spend the exalts and follow the same process to make a 1 stat rare out of this as well? (as long as a suffix is regaled it's doable?)

Finally would it be worth it to get an eva / es shield instead of a pure es one? or maybe aim more for an armour es variant? I just feel the eva on Maligaro's is wasted without investing a little more into it. especially if I dont have a +1 curse
for enfeeble

I have the 6 link protector and am super close to finishing this build...
I want to kill uber.
I want her blood.

Thanks for the build and your time-
Last edited by Azraphael on Nov 3, 2015, 11:03:47 PM
"
MatrixFactor wrote:
"
Really fun build having a blast! Did a few slight tweaks based on gear. 3.1K Life, 5.2K ES

Spoiler

Nice gear, but I think you'd be better off with a ES helm with chres, and a belt with chres. Maybe a chres flask instead of diamond if you can't get 3 pieces with chres. That's assuming you want to level. If you don't care about leveling you may as well play the pure life variant, since you can get more damage with it.

Chaos damage is definitly the weak point but it honestly isnt too bad. I just have to be careful with vulnerability map mods.

As long as i keep my finger ready to hit the life potion its fairly easy to deal with chaos damage. I am definitly going to look to get some chaos res in the future on at least my belt. I kind of like rats nest though to be honest. It really helps with boosting single target dps procs. If anything the corrupted chest and mirrored dagger/caster shield are enough dps i will probably stack nothing but defense from here on out.

Hit 91 yesterday and am halfway to 92. Village ruin boss is tough. I was using DoeBoys evasion based build but yours is honestly more tanky as hybrid.
ProbablyGettingNerfed - L100 Occultist
Vinktarded - L100 Pathfinder
GoogleDiversityHire - L100 Necromancer

3.13 was the pinnacle of PoE. IVYS+1 Gang 4 Life.
"
Azraphael wrote:
earlier in the postings you said the dps calculator claimed the dps would be higher with x-y fire damage added instead of x-y cold on the dagger? This is because the ice nova- discharge order is reversed and triggers EE again anyway?

Ice nova has the chance to generate an additional power charge (or multiple power charges) for discharge before discharge procs. Discharge won't have EE as reliably, but the power charges seem to overcompensate for it.

"
Azraphael wrote:

Next; you posted an excellent demonstration for creating a 1 stat rare with crafting lvl 8- I have all lvl 8 masters and have a

If I understand correctly I can spend the exalts and follow the same process to make a 1 stat rare out of this as well? (as long as a suffix is regaled it's doable?)

Yes if you want to keep the prefix, and have two open suffixes you can do it.

"
Azraphael wrote:

Finally would it be worth it to get an eva / es shield instead of a pure es one? or maybe aim more for an armour es variant? I just feel the eva on Maligaro's is wasted without investing a little more into it. especially if I dont have a +1 curse
for enfeeble

I want to kill uber.
I want her blood.

The best shield is ES with chres. Luxuries on the shield are spell dmg and spell crit.

An ideal shield looks something like
. A very good shield is
. An acceptable shield is

The reason you don't need AR/EV is that they won't help you survive something you wouldn't otherwise survive. And if you've already reached that point you may as well get more damage.

"

I kind of like rats nest though to be honest. It really helps with boosting single target dps procs. If anything the corrupted chest and mirrored dagger/caster shield are enough dps i will probably stack nothing but defense from here on out.

Honestly you have way more DPS than is needed to even carry 6p parties in 82 maps. But due to your high quality gear you also have enough total HP+ES to reasonable expect to get 100 as well. The main weakness is chres, if you can solve it you do whatever you want.

I would recommend experimenting with something like
for single target.
All my builds /view-thread/1430399

T14 'real' clearspeed challenge /1642265
Thanks a lot for the fast reply Matrix Factor--
I hadn't even considered the extra power charge generation pre-discharge.

I will be crafting 2x1 modded rare -8 mana rings then. Again the insight is great and saves potential wasted farmed wealth. If I remove crafted mods on the bench after completion, will the ring remain rare to retry or change the crafted mods? This would be a great reroll item for when the meta changes (constantly).

P.S. on the hunt for a sexy Chaos rez es spell damage shield then
;P

Cheers and drink one for me please.
- Azraphael
(random fishing link for fun)
Last edited by Azraphael on Nov 4, 2015, 5:06:25 PM
"
MatrixFactor wrote:
"
Azraphael wrote:

Ice nova has the chance to generate an additional power charge (or multiple power charges) for discharge before discharge procs. Discharge won't have EE as reliably, but the power charges seem to overcompensate for it.

"
Azraphael wrote:

Yes if you want to keep the prefix, and have two open suffixes you can do it.

"
Azraphael wrote:

for enfeeble

I want to kill uber.
I want her blood.

The best shield is ES with chres. Luxuries on the shield are spell dmg and spell crit.

An ideal shield looks something like
. A very good shield is
. An acceptable shield is

The reason you don't need AR/EV is that they won't help you survive something you wouldn't otherwise survive. And if you've already reached that point you may as well get more damage.

"

I kind of like rats nest though to be honest. It really helps with boosting single target dps procs. If anything the corrupted chest and mirrored dagger/caster shield are enough dps i will probably stack nothing but defense from here on out.

Honestly you have way more DPS than is needed to even carry 6p parties in 82 maps. But due to your high quality gear you also have enough total HP+ES to reasonable expect to get 100 as well. The main weakness is chres, if you can solve it you do whatever you want.

I would recommend experimenting with something like
for single target.

Will do, thanks for the tips/recommendations and again great build. Opened my eyes to the power of hybrid.
ProbablyGettingNerfed - L100 Occultist
Vinktarded - L100 Pathfinder
GoogleDiversityHire - L100 Necromancer

3.13 was the pinnacle of PoE. IVYS+1 Gang 4 Life.
Just got this too bad the base is only tier2. Really insane build, wish they would include an option in POE to reduce discharge effect so it would be more popular in party play :(

G'day,

I tried this build out during this last week. It works fine, great in packs but not so good with single boss play, I found. Nevertheless, that was probably my fault as I like to just facetank everything I come upon.

I had a little trouble with the proc being a bit reluctant to fire up sometimes, but when it did it was very effective.

I like cyclone, always have. One of my favourite builds was an RF cyclone marauder.

Anyways, thanks for putting it up.

"
Rayzabladez wrote:

G'day,

I tried this build out during this last week. It works fine, great in packs but not so good with single boss play, I found. Nevertheless, that was probably my fault as I like to just facetank everything I come upon.

I had a little trouble with the proc being a bit reluctant to fire up sometimes, but when it did it was very effective.

I like cyclone, always have. One of my favourite builds was an RF cyclone marauder.

Anyways, thanks for putting it up.

What's your crit chance without PCs? For single target, a diamond flask is like 90% more DPS.

1 Ring away from completing the build....

Super hype!

And thanks again for the 1 stat rare crafting lesson.
Cool stuff, especially the belt. For the boots master craft thorns (so it doesn't spawn) and exalt the chaos res. Let us know what you get. ;)

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info