CRASH: Unable to view MapOfFile in MapChunk.

While playing POE on my laptop, the game crashed like clockwork after 5-8 instances with this error message.

This has been happening since Forsaken Masters. Please help! It would make playing POE on trips much more fun :)
Hardcore
Last edited by Zaorish_9 on Aug 23, 2015, 9:15:17 AM
This thread has been automatically archived. Replies are disabled.
Found a work-around on Reddit:

[–]Masauwu [score hidden] 35 minutes ago
I used to have this problem constantly on my PC which is quite outdated (2GB RAM, running 32bit Windows 7). After searching through the forums i found 2 solutions which fixed the problem for me.

Windows XP
Go to Control Panel then System Select the Advanced then Startup and Recovery Click the Edit button which will now open boot.ini Edit the following line "multi(0)disk(0)rdisk(0)partition(2)\WINDOWS="Microsoft Windows XP" /fastdetect" So that it reads "multi(0)disk(0)rdisk(0)partition(2)\WINDOWS="Microsoft Windows XP" /fastdetect /3GB" Restart your computer.

Windows Vista or later
Open the command prompt (cmd.exe) with administrative privileges Enter "bcdedit /set IncreaseUserVa 3072" and hit enter. Restart your computer
source
Also:
In your Path of Exile shortcut, add -gc2 after the shortcut, so it looks something like: Target: ["C:/Program Files/Grinding Gear Games/Path of Exile/Client.exe" -gc2] source
Hardcore
Last edited by Zaorish_9 on Aug 23, 2015, 10:02:16 AM
If you have 2 gig of ram, those fixes won't work.
-gc 2 also isn't a true fix it's a delaying action.

Fact is the game needs 2 gig of ram to itself, if you have win7 32 bit, then most of your ram is used already (1 gig or more)

And the command line btw needs to have a space between the gc and the 2 otherwise it doesn't work
Ancestral Bond. It's a thing that does stuff. -Vipermagi

He who controls the pants controls the galaxy. - Rick & Morty S3E1
Well, it worked for me.
Hardcore
"
Zaorish_9 wrote:
Well, it worked for me.

I'd assume that it's because what you posted was actually a butchered quote from someone else and that you actually have more than 2 gig of ram physically installed on the PC.

"
Zaorish_9 wrote:
Well, it worked for me.

I can't see how telling Windows you have 3GB of RAM when you only have 2GB installed on the motherboard would work. In fact, I'm surprised Windows doesn't outright crash for you.
Computer specifications:
Windows 10 Pro x64 | AMD Ryzen 5800X3D | ASUS Crosshair VIII Hero (WiFi) Motherboard | 16GB 3600MHz RAM | MSI Geforce 1070Ti Gamer | Corsair AX 760watt PSU | Samsung 860 Pro 512GB SSD & WD Black FZEX HDD
Last edited by Nicholas_Steel on Aug 24, 2015, 1:49:19 AM
Good morning.

Today I was playing on the map "Sceptre of God" abd everything was going well, I was on the second floor ready to climb to the third.

I started to clean up the last room I had left... And had a similar error, the game down and see the error in the capture. Results in my first death, is there any way to eliminate the death of my Ranger?, otherwise i will remove the character and start again (I have the personal challenge of reaching level 83 with 0 deaths)

And yes, i had the trick "-gc2" in my shortcut. And not use the steam client.

Game crash - http://s18.postimg.org/w1pzw0415/Exception_death_me.png

System info - http://s16.postimg.org/9sw72klmt/System_info.png

Y perdido entre viejos tomos encontré mi destino mientras las velas me susurraban las palabras que la muerte me dejó escritas con sus lágrimas heladas.
"
worked wrote:
Good morning.

Today I was playing on the map "Sceptre of God" abd everything was going well, I was on the second floor ready to climb to the third.

I started to clean up the last room I had left... And had a similar error, the game down and see the error in the capture. Results in my first death, is there any way to eliminate the death of my Ranger?, otherwise i will remove the character and start again (I have the personal challenge of reaching level 83 with 0 deaths)

And yes, i had the trick "-gc2" in my shortcut. And not use the steam client.

Game crash - http://s18.postimg.org/w1pzw0415/Exception_death_me.png

System info - http://s16.postimg.org/9sw72klmt/System_info.png

as i said before...-gc 2 NEEDS THE SPACE between the c and the 2 otherwise it won't work

Even then you may still crash but it will take longer before it dose, the only real fix is to stop using 32 bit OS's

Last edited by lagwin1980 on Aug 26, 2015, 12:21:39 PM
Indeed the syntax for command line arguments is always very exact.
Computer specifications:
Windows 10 Pro x64 | AMD Ryzen 5800X3D | ASUS Crosshair VIII Hero (WiFi) Motherboard | 16GB 3600MHz RAM | MSI Geforce 1070Ti Gamer | Corsair AX 760watt PSU | Samsung 860 Pro 512GB SSD & WD Black FZEX HDD

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info