How much hp do we need when we go melee evasion?

I'd really like to try out an evasion character that utilizes the Blood Dance boots, but I'm worried that I'll be gimping my life pool too much. At the moment I gain about 300hp from my boots, so I'll be trading that for 6%(or 7% if I manage to get my hands on a +1 to frenzy charges corruption) life regeneration per second.

I'll drop from 5,8k hp to 5,5k and this worries me a bit, since life + fortify is my only buffer for hits that go though evasion, dodge and block.

If I ever manage to grind myself into the 90s, then I'd be able to grab 3x4% hp nodes in the duelist starting zone and I'll crawl back to my previous HP pool. However, I'm currently not convinced that even 6k hp is enough these days...

So... is Blood Dance a decent choice for me, or would it just be a waste of time?
Last edited by ivkoto77777 on Aug 22, 2015, 7:38:11 PM
My evasion/acro shadow does fine with 4.6k hp (though haven't gone past 77 maps in 2.0). 5.5k should be plenty as long as you have decent other defences.

(I have 50% evade, dodge, spell dodge (including Atziri boots), weapon block, endurance charges, fortify, arctic armour, vaal pact and 3ish% leech from memory).
I know ppl who leveled to 90+ in Tempest with 5k hp as Acro, you will need more without a Lightning Coil though imo.

"
Zed_ wrote:
I know ppl who leveled to 90+ in Tempest with 5k hp as Acro, you will need more without a Lightning Coil though imo.

At level 92 I would end up with 211% increased maximum life:

- 1 jewel with +2 mana on hit for and the other 2 have at least 5% hp

I can run AA,fortify and 3 endurance charges, but I won't have enough resists for LC any time soon. Also, there are no other life nodes near my pathing and I would certainly have a hard time getting to 100, so this would probably be my endgame.

Last edited by ivkoto77777 on Aug 23, 2015, 5:52:14 AM
bump

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info