Looking for Damage/Spell/Ele/Flat Ratio Info

Physical damage modifiers seem easy to understand, which is only so much scaling and you'll get more DPS from flat or the other way around, but with flat on spells now a thing I'm trying to find info on that, now.

If there's a formula or list of ratios just link it and I'll check it out, but the search feature didn't come back with anything useful. I need it to answer things like '10% ele dam and 10% spell dam is more effective than 5% ele and 20% spell' unless they're added together for spell damage formula, of course, but need to know where flat comes in for everything, too.

Thanks.
the flat damage added is based on each spell damage effectiveness value.
if you have 100 fire dmg added to spells and the spell in question has 30% damage effectiveness, it'll add only 30 dmg to that spell(base spell damage + flat added damage then get scaled by %increase and/or %more type mods).
Last edited by kreca74 on Aug 22, 2015, 8:01:46 PM
"
Ax2Grind wrote:
Physical damage modifiers seem easy to understand, which is only so much scaling and you'll get more DPS from flat or the other way around, but with flat on spells now a thing I'm trying to find info on that, now.

If there's a formula or list of ratios just link it and I'll check it out, but the search feature didn't come back with anything useful. I need it to answer things like '10% ele dam and 10% spell dam is more effective than 5% ele and 20% spell' unless they're added together for spell damage formula, of course, but need to know where flat comes in for everything, too.

Thanks.

"Increased" and "Reduced" effects are additive. If a skill deals both spell and elemental damage, then they will stack together to increase the damage.

However, if it is a spell like Ethereal Knives, only Spell Damage will effect the spell itself (Elemental will scale things like Added Fire, Phys - > Light, and Hatred.)

"You go on pretending that you own the universe,
And we'll all be here watching as you're falling down to Earth."
Yeah, the effectiveness is listed on each spell and applies to support gems, too, but flat damage to spells from affixes apply to all spells cast, which isn't good for things like EE. Then there's things like Wrath which add a percentage of lightning damage to spells, but the spell has to do lightning damage for that to apply. Sure flat on weapons appears to apply to attacks and spell base damage the same, but is spell/ele damage treated the same as attack/physical? Is all flat added together, added to base (at whatever effectiveness), then all scaling added together and multiplied to base regardless of melee/phys/ele/etc?
"
XigTek wrote:
"
Ax2Grind wrote:

Thanks.

"Increased" and "Reduced" effects are additive. If a skill deals both spell and elemental damage, then they will stack together to increase the damage.

However, if it is a spell like Ethereal Knives, only Spell Damage will effect the spell itself (Elemental will scale things like Added Fire, Phys - > Light, and Hatred.)

Alright, so you have to choose between flat and scaling (spell) on a weapon, elemental will be treated the same as spell for elemental parts of spells/attacks, which just means like all damage I need to figure out how to know when to stop stacking flat (when the scaling and flat are equal). Is there a formula or rule of thumb for that?
"
Ax2Grind wrote:
"
XigTek wrote:
"
Ax2Grind wrote:

Thanks.

Alright, so you have to choose between flat and scaling (spell) on a weapon, elemental will be treated the same as spell for elemental parts of spells/attacks, which just means like all damage I need to figure out how to know when to stop stacking flat (when the scaling and flat are equal). Is there a formula or rule of thumb for that?

It honestly depends on which spell you're using, your total scaling from passives and other gear, along with supports and the like. A spell with low Damage Effectiveness will benefit more from scaling than flat, I think.
"You go on pretending that you own the universe,
And we'll all be here watching as you're falling down to Earth."
"
XigTek wrote:
It honestly depends on which spell you're using, your total scaling from passives and other gear, along with supports and the like. A spell with low Damage Effectiveness will benefit more from scaling than flat, I think.

That means use spells that have similar DE to make the most effective build? That's going to be hard based on what I'm looking at. Wish the wiki was updated, the flat spell affixes aren't listed and gems can't be sorted by DE. Why does Path hate me?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info