Post your reaction the first time you played the "Desert" Map...

Most of the time i ignore the boss, but this time, i was like "oh, i might be able to kill him with my firestorm chaos character, should be fun" i regret trying, he mirror shotted a shitload of copies on me, and it lagged my PC (its a good pc) and i died, and i was like "yep... 2.0"

Slayer, Leader of Domination
Twitch: twitch.tv/slayertip

Helping people with their builds, its somewhat a hobby, and a passion of mine, so don't be shy!

https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1715639 <--- Build help forums thread thingy.
Last edited by Slayer_Tip on Aug 24, 2015, 5:28:24 AM
Honestly i've been astonished i didn't expected one day GGG would include content where you need to think a bit more before going at this map level.

Now that is done i would like all bosses from this map level to higher level maps in the same way but more rewarding maybe :)
Hf :)
First time it was Zana daily, 4 man party.
Before we realized, what is going on I was the last man standing.

It is not hard per se, just incredibly annoying (RF build of course - only like 5% damage uptime and 95% frustrating search)
There are lots of maps nowadays and we need variation. There have to be easy and hard bosses, depends on build/gear of course, and I don't mind if there's also a very annoying boss.
If someone can kill him fast enough, he might get free maps to farm him ;)

(I didn't fight him yet, so feel free to ignore my scrub-casual-posting)
Dynamit,
Architekturkritik, die man tatsächlich sieht!

Farin Urlaub
http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x2nz5q9
"WHY WON'T YOU DIE!?!?!?"

Seriously, did the boss only have to pop one health flask, but it took a long time, even though I was on 12k dps.
Chisel recipe
"
gilrad wrote:
"
PoofGoof wrote:
I didn't really understand what the problem was.

The clones only face one direction and never move.

The actual boss DOES face other directions and moves.

Was able to pick him out of the crowd pretty quickly.

The problem for melee (and particularly Cyclone since there's no namelocking) is that you'll only get a second or two of damage before he blinks again. Then it's back to scanning the hundreds of clones for the real one, finding it, closing the distance, and by that time he's about ready to blink again. Yeah he's not all that dangerous if you keep moving, but damn he's annoying as shit and totally not worth running, especially as a 68 map.

I got a 75 zana Desert earlier today. He hits harder but still easy as pie. Just takes forever and I was not really enjoying myself.

This. It's simply not a fun fight. Just annoying.
Ball lightning, spell echo, lmp, nuke clones too.

My ice crash and cyclone toons? Not worth the time.

Oh wait, it's a 68 map, already not worth it.
There comes a time thief when jewels cease to sparkle, gold loses it's luster, throne room becomes a prison, and all that's left is a father's love for his child. - King Osric
I believe Vaal Cyclone is one of the way to go. I've also run this map once or twice with my CI/Crit Arc and didn't have any problem.
Last edited by FNX_Heroes on Aug 24, 2015, 9:56:50 AM
"
XSUB7X wrote:
Chisel recipe

+1

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info