[2.2] Surt's Satanic Seizure ~ Oro's Infinite Flicker! CHIEFTAIN IS AMAZING

edit: nevermind
Last edited by fallensinner on Apr 4, 2016, 6:06:42 AM
"
Question:

Why do you take Physical damage on the tree if Oro's is pure fire damage?

I'm going to guess you're referring to the two handed weapon nodes in the duelist area. With the Fireborn jewel, all damage nodes within the radius are turned to fire damage.
"
enomandurist wrote:
The whole idea of building frenzy charges by other skill is nuts, in ur vid you are VERY slow, purely because of this issue. 2.0, i know, but still whole idea slows u really bad. Blood magic here is another problem, with very small leech points investment you can free this gem slot, and gain much more damage with almost any other support gem. On top of that - Chieftain kinda sux. If you wanna leech - go for slayer, right side, with sustained, stun immune leech its much better, other bonuses are much better, and on top of that - you can get rid of 160% mana multiplier melee splash, effectively gaining fortify (best imho) for nothing.

Kaoms is obvious choice, and double blasphemy flammability and warlords mark gives a ton of survi and damage. Much more than CoH setups, cos with flicker u rarely trigger cwdt. Also - get chance to ignite in ur link and thanks to this - u can go with proper life/WED/flat fire rings, or even doedre, if you dont want windscreams.

At 90 lvl, im sitting on 5 frenzy, 4 endu, 7,2k dmg with 9,3 APS, over 7k hp, fortify, perma flicking through anything from start incredibly fast and with full frenzy charges all the time, without any painfully slow "building charges, weak, vulnerable, slow" phase. I can clear maps faster than other ppl move with whirling blades, i had whole zanas rotation parties following my tail with movement skills and barely keeping my speed. Sorry for bragging, but its a better way to build INSANE oro's flicker.

I would like to try this out. I'm at 75 on the Chieftain one. The things I'm not a fan of are the cwdt, coh and Fortify being on dash/leap. I don't have the best gear but I have the recommended gear and only sitting at 3,170 health, but I have not made it to the Constitution health circle yet. I'm not sure how much life that's going to bring me to and I'm not sure how much more life I can since I'm left with three pieces of gear to get life on because most my gear is taken by recommended unique items. Is there any way I can see your version in action?

"
fallensinner wrote:
"
enomandurist wrote:
The whole idea of building frenzy charges by other skill is nuts, in ur vid you are VERY slow, purely because of this issue. 2.0, i know, but still whole idea slows u really bad. Blood magic here is another problem, with very small leech points investment you can free this gem slot, and gain much more damage with almost any other support gem. On top of that - Chieftain kinda sux. If you wanna leech - go for slayer, right side, with sustained, stun immune leech its much better, other bonuses are much better, and on top of that - you can get rid of 160% mana multiplier melee splash, effectively gaining fortify (best imho) for nothing.

Kaoms is obvious choice, and double blasphemy flammability and warlords mark gives a ton of survi and damage. Much more than CoH setups, cos with flicker u rarely trigger cwdt. Also - get chance to ignite in ur link and thanks to this - u can go with proper life/WED/flat fire rings, or even doedre, if you dont want windscreams.

At 90 lvl, im sitting on 5 frenzy, 4 endu, 7,2k dmg with 9,3 APS, over 7k hp, fortify, perma flicking through anything from start incredibly fast and with full frenzy charges all the time, without any painfully slow "building charges, weak, vulnerable, slow" phase. I can clear maps faster than other ppl move with whirling blades, i had whole zanas rotation parties following my tail with movement skills and barely keeping my speed. Sorry for bragging, but its a better way to build INSANE oro's flicker.

I would like to try this out. I'm at 75 on the Chieftain one. The things I'm not a fan of are the cwdt, coh and Fortify being on dash/leap. I don't have the best gear but I have the recommended gear and only sitting at 3,170 health, but I have not made it to the Constitution health circle yet. I'm not sure how much life that's going to bring me to and I'm not sure how much more life I can since I'm left with three pieces of gear to get life on because most my gear is taken by recommended unique items. Is there any way I can see your version in action?

I completely agree with the first part. I am currently running a lvl 87 flicker chieftain with about 8.8k armour, 5.3k health, and around 7.4k dps without charges. I've never used a generating skill for charges. I also agree blood magic is a huge mistake. Youre better off taking the mana leech close to iron reflexes and running if off mana.

Where I disagree is all the hate chieftain gets. Lets look at the stats:

Slayer:
42% increased 2h atk dmg
.2% atk dmg leeched as life
5%increased Aoe
5%increased atk speed.
Melee splash
Dmg while leeching bonus.

Chieftain:
30% incrased fire dmg
1.5% life rps
15% chance to ignite
35% dmg to ignited enemies
1% fire dmg leech
10% fire res pen.
40% armour
10% all res
10% str.

Slayer is great and there is no dispute there. But Chieftain is still great, 1% fire dmg leech is huge, the 15% chance to ignite allow you not to need the gem, and with celestial punishment you can push 60% increased dmg against ignited; with gang's momentum you can get up to 75% increased dmg against ignited enemies which is pretty big. Chieftain also has a bunch of other pure survivability stats like all the bonus armour and life rps.

PS: I started using daresso's salute citrine amulet and it has not disappointed me but you do have to give up bloodrage.
Last edited by Ragecagge on Apr 5, 2016, 11:19:29 AM
thought id post my gear too

Spoiler
"
Ragecagge wrote:

Spoiler

Would you mind posting your skill tree or open your profile to public? :)

"
Ragecagge wrote:

Spoiler

Is this with Chieftain?
Yes it is. I also just acquired
Spoiler
which pushed me up to around 5.5k health and 9.5k armour without flasks and droped deeps by about 100.

PS: I believe my chars are now public, let me know if they're not.
Last edited by Ragecagge on Apr 5, 2016, 10:42:25 PM
"
Ragecagge wrote:
Spoiler
which pushed me up to around 5.5k health and 9.5k armour without flasks and droped deeps by about 100.

So do you think the Mokou's Rings are worth it? I've been thinking about ditching mine and other unique items for different things.
"
fallensinner wrote:
"
Ragecagge wrote:
Spoiler

So do you think the Mokou's Rings are worth it? I've been thinking about ditching mine and other unique items for different things.

I was actually not sure until recently. I never got one when lvling and was to lazy to buy one but cadibro came through. I got a pretty decent rolled one and when I compared the stats vs the 3 rings that ive linked. I was very disappointed with Mokou's. It had much lower dps, no life, and shitty resists which is not worth the 5% or so chance to ignite.

TL;DR
No i dont believe they are worth it at all towards endgame.
Last edited by Ragecagge on Apr 6, 2016, 9:48:24 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info