[2.2] Surt's Satanic Seizure ~ Oro's Infinite Flicker! CHIEFTAIN IS AMAZING

I've been using this build through Talisman and I must admit, I am having a whole lot of fun with it. The clear speeds are incredible, the damage seems great and the sight of a divine orb dropping as Flicker Strike continues to send you across the map is a bit of a panic.

I've managed to reach 88 so far and have been slowly upgrading my gear as I earn currency. I reached 86 using a Tabula but have since managed to six link my sword and get a Kaom's Heart for more damage.

My Gear:
Spoiler

I'm sitting on around 5.9k hp now, max resistances and flicker hits around 8.7k with Frenzy stacks up. I'm personally using Blasphemy/Warlords for near infinite Endurance Stacks as well so my defenses are not too shabby. I'm currently Vaal Orbing every pair of Darkrays so I can move into 7 stack Frenzy.

I've cleared up to T10 maps so far but haven't had the pleasure of having a T11+ map drop. I can say though that I haven't really had any issues with any maps up to T10!

EDIT: Thought I should add as well, during my leveling after 67, I leveled duplicate gems for Weapon Ele, Flicker, Fire Pen and Melee Splash so I could 20% them. I only just started hitting 20 base gems yesterday so I can say 20% gems are in no way necessary. I know some people don't like the necessity of 20% gems. I've just got for a tiny bit more damage.
Last edited by Venexis on Dec 27, 2015, 4:49:29 PM
"
Venexis wrote:
I've been using this build through Talisman and I must admit, I am having a whole lot of fun with it. The clear speeds are incredible, the damage seems great and the sight of a divine orb dropping as Flicker Strike continues to send you across the map is a bit of a panic.

I've managed to reach 88 so far and have been slowly upgrading my gear as I earn currency. I reached 86 using a Tabula but have since managed to six link my sword and get a Kaom's Heart for more damage.

My Gear:
Spoiler

I'm sitting on around 5.9k hp now, max resistances and flicker hits around 8.7k with Frenzy stacks up. I'm personally using Blasphemy/Warlords for near infinite Endurance Stacks as well so my defenses are not too shabby. I'm currently Vaal Orbing every pair of Darkrays so I can move into 7 stack Frenzy.

I've cleared up to T10 maps so far but haven't had the pleasure of having a T11+ map drop. I can say though that I haven't really had any issues with any maps up to T10!

EDIT: Thought I should add as well, during my leveling after 67, I leveled duplicate gems for Weapon Ele, Flicker, Fire Pen and Melee Splash so I could 20% them. I only just started hitting 20 base gems yesterday so I can say 20% gems are in no way necessary. I know some people don't like the necessity of 20% gems. I've just got for a tiny bit more damage.

Glad you're enjoying the build! I have been working on my crit reaver on Talisman so far and only lvl 76 so far. Getting bored with him already though, I think I may just take a break and level my Surtur again. Flickering things to death is such fun.

Also, You should check what your chance to ignite is, you likely don't need both Moku rings and could likely find a better ring. I like your idea on linking warlord's mark instead of flammability if you can give up the ignite chance though, so it looks like you're on top of it. Once I get leveled up, we should hit some maps!
The Chieftain is looking really juicy for this build, new build this weekend!
Updated with new build and info! Cheiftain is a massive boost! Will update further once I get fully geared and leveled in the new league!
I did the math and using The Duelest tree made maurder I believe you get allot more damage using this tree and life, you dont need to go all the way up into witch area for fire damage, using 2 fireborn gems on under duelist and on just left of the life square will turn those two handed physical nods into fire damag speed nods. and get two
rings this will give you plenty of damage more then you have no because I do more without chieftain. PLus you wont need those little 10% fire damage +5% to ignite since the rings and chieftain give you plenty. Resists shouldnt be an issue at all.

My Current gear, other then the talisman you should be able to get almost exactly the set up I have and destroy allot more content since you were able to go chieftain and I was stuck with duelist

And this is the tree I believe will work much better for you.

Spoiler
https://www.pathofexile.com/fullscreen-passive-skill-tree/AAAABAEDAQSzBS0Gwwd1DjwTpRQgFE0UcRiRGjgaPhrkIVUirybzJy8pLi3SLlMyiTWSOFM6UjrYOuE8LT38QKBDMUbXR35N41BHVw1X4lhjWfNaGl4TXz9hUmP9ZU1mVGhlaPJqpXGFcg9yqXTtdqx253fleuZ673y4fNmCB4Kbg1-DzITZhO-GYIdqiI-Mz5BVkGyRzpRvlmyfPqIAplemo6knqZSsqq2NsUK3Prl-vJ-9Nr6nwKbDM8T2xgTGrsbYz37Tb9i92WHZfNq52sHcPeFz6hjtIO8O707wH_Gs8kHyRfOb9kj3Mvjr_Ev9MP4K_o8=

I have without charges almost 8k damage and I only use 4 frenzy and never run out even on bosses, plus with koam's I have almost 6300 life. Your main defense on this build is flicker itself, so if you are doing enough damage and flickering without issues you dont need much in defense stats just allot of life. Fortify gives big boosts with the rampart nods too.

Now just saying if you have plenty of damage and plenty of life already and ignites 60% you dont need chieftain and can gain a ton more defense by going juggernaut, the fortify itself gives you 30% boost from juggernaut and 1.5% life leech, then you got the unstoppible which means you cant be slowed down and gain 14% movement speed and 15% armor from that part, and then you got the cant be stuned double the armor off your body armor thus making Koam's into a much stronger item. So you combine Fortifys own bonus which will always be on you since you add it to your links considering its stronger with this set up then any other support gem and gives you a ton of defense too. Then you add in the rampart cluster and gain 20% to armor and a bunch of other bonuses and juggernauts 30% to damage on top of all the other bonuses the gem and rampart gives making this the most powerful support gem.
Last edited by sethbine on Mar 12, 2016, 7:31:22 AM
^^^The tree in this post. Do those physical damage nodes scale damage better than the tree in your first post?
IGN: _Jacky
so i went ahead and bout all the uniques for the build (pretty damn cheap if you go with the budget options). Im curious, how do you go about leveling prior to being able to use the sword?
"
sethbine wrote:
I did the math and using The Duelest tree made maurder I believe you get allot more damage using this tree and life, you dont need to go all the way up into witch area for fire damage, using 2 fireborn gems on under duelist and on just left of the life square will turn those two handed physical nods into fire damag speed nods. and get two
rings this will give you plenty of damage more then you have no because I do more without chieftain. PLus you wont need those little 10% fire damage +5% to ignite since the rings and chieftain give you plenty. Resists shouldnt be an issue at all.

My Current gear, other then the talisman you should be able to get almost exactly the set up I have and destroy allot more content since you were able to go chieftain and I was stuck with duelist

And this is the tree I believe will work much better for you.

Spoiler
https://www.pathofexile.com/fullscreen-passive-skill-tree/AAAABAEDAQSzBS0Gwwd1DjwTpRQgFE0UcRiRGjgaPhrkIVUirybzJy8pLi3SLlMyiTWSOFM6UjrYOuE8LT38QKBDMUbXR35N41BHVw1X4lhjWfNaGl4TXz9hUmP9ZU1mVGhlaPJqpXGFcg9yqXTtdqx253fleuZ673y4fNmCB4Kbg1-DzITZhO-GYIdqiI-Mz5BVkGyRzpRvlmyfPqIAplemo6knqZSsqq2NsUK3Prl-vJ-9Nr6nwKbDM8T2xgTGrsbYz37Tb9i92WHZfNq52sHcPeFz6hjtIO8O707wH_Gs8kHyRfOb9kj3Mvjr_Ev9MP4K_o8=

I have without charges almost 8k damage and I only use 4 frenzy and never run out even on bosses, plus with koam's I have almost 6300 life. Your main defense on this build is flicker itself, so if you are doing enough damage and flickering without issues you dont need much in defense stats just allot of life. Fortify gives big boosts with the rampart nods too.

Now just saying if you have plenty of damage and plenty of life already and ignites 60% you dont need chieftain and can gain a ton more defense by going juggernaut, the fortify itself gives you 30% boost from juggernaut and 1.5% life leech, then you got the unstoppible which means you cant be slowed down and gain 14% movement speed and 15% armor from that part, and then you got the cant be stuned double the armor off your body armor thus making Koam's into a much stronger item. So you combine Fortifys own bonus which will always be on you since you add it to your links considering its stronger with this set up then any other support gem and gives you a ton of defense too. Then you add in the rampart cluster and gain 20% to armor and a bunch of other bonuses and juggernauts 30% to damage on top of all the other bonuses the gem and rampart gives making this the most powerful support gem.

The biggest thing I took from your suggestions is the Fireborn jewel, so I tried it out on my 85 in Standard, who I use just for testing. I figured maybe the witch nodes really are too far out and the two handed duelist nodes are more effective, but I actually went down a few hundred damage on Flicker. Using Fireborn just takes too many points and it uses a jewel slot that you could get massive damage on. Flicker is a bit faster though, so I suppose it is just up to preference. Chieftain is definitely my favorite, but Juggernaut would work too, so would Slayer for Duelist.

"
Ddg wrote:
so i went ahead and bout all the uniques for the build (pretty damn cheap if you go with the budget options). Im curious, how do you go about leveling prior to being able to use the sword?

For leveling, I use molten strike, it will work the best for the fire damage nodes you grab as you level, but really, leveling sucks. Just do whatever will keep you the most entertained til you hit 68 and start wrecking face.
Duelist gem slot.

Spoiler

For 9 nods already right there including the gem slot you get-
101% fire damage and 31% attack speed. Wont bother adding the accuracy since we use RT.
Attack speed equals allot more dps per point then any other damage even crit.

Witch nod area Takes 5 nods just to get there and 9 nods in that cluster for

91% fire damage, 0-attack speed, 15% burn damage which does nothing on most mobs you kill instantly and 10% to ignite. Now thats if you begin going there from the last life nods you take in upper Templar which are less then the nods you can get in duelist life for life. Its your build and I understand that Im just trying to be helpful and show that you could save a min of 5 nods to be put somewhere else if you took the fireborn two hander nods over the witch fire damage nods, you did see we also gain 54% fire damage and 8% fire pen off the lifelash nods we can take by going the lower rout too? if you includ those 3 nods you gain 155% fire damage, 31% attack speed and 8% fire pen. 2 more points left, and 1 you gain off upper route you take gives you 3 free nods you can grab another jewel just about anywhere to add even more damage/life/defense etc. I think the reason it looked like you lost a few points was you missed the lifelash nods.

Thats 65% more fire damage and 31% more attack speed plus 8% fire pen which adds more damage but doesnt show on tool tip by going the lower route vs the upper route between Maurder and duelest and gives you 3 nods to use somewhere else.
Last edited by sethbine on Mar 13, 2016, 7:25:56 PM
"
sethbine wrote:
Spoiler
Duelist gem slot.

Spoiler

For 9 nods already right there including the gem slot you get-
101% fire damage and 31% attack speed. Wont bother adding the accuracy since we use RT.
Attack speed equals allot more dps per point then any other damage even crit.

Witch nod area Takes 5 nods just to get there and 9 nods in that cluster for

91% fire damage, 0-attack speed, 15% burn damage which does nothing on most mobs you kill instantly and 10% to ignite. Now thats if you begin going there from the last life nods you take in upper Templar which are less then the nods you can get in duelist life for life. Its your build and I understand that Im just trying to be helpful and show that you could save a min of 5 nods to be put somewhere else if you took the fireborn two hander nods over the witch fire damage nods, you did see we also gain 54% fire damage and 8% fire pen off the lifelash nods we can take by going the lower rout too? if you includ those 3 nods you gain 155% fire damage, 31% attack speed and 8% fire pen. 2 more points left, and 1 you gain off upper route you take gives you 3 free nods you can grab another jewel just about anywhere to add even more damage/life/defense etc. I think the reason it looked like you lost a few points was you missed the lifelash nods.

Thats 65% more fire damage and 31% more attack speed plus 8% fire pen which adds more damage but doesnt show on tool tip by going the lower route vs the upper route between Maurder and duelest and gives you 3 nods to use somewhere else.

No, I did get the Lava Lash nodes. Maybe the Flicker is faster with your tree, but Flicker really doesn't need to be going 20 times a second, damage per hit is much more important. Especially if your game likes to crash if you get going too quick like mine does. Your build is certainly viable, but I think taking the witch nodes and using the Gang's Momentum boots is the way to go.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info