[2.4]God of AOE [Dagger reaver] Slayer

"
Ananake wrote:
Hi and ty for the built!
I have a question about your jewels, I've noticed you have 'increased melee crit' on all of them, would 'increased global crit' be just as good or should I go for 'melee crti' ?

(melee\global\one hand) crit, all working with melee dagger crit reave ^-^
Everything is awesome!
Plan to respec my Duelist in Standard with this build. Planned and purchased some gear in Warbands, along with some existing stuff in standard.

Spoiler

Hope this lives up to my expectations, first well equipped and serious endgame melee character I'm building.
Everything is awesome!
220K is not so impressive with a good dagger & abyssus.

If it's only for atziri runs it's okey to not use physical to lightning gem but otherwise you lose a *1.5 multiplier by shock. Honestly 50% more damage is too good to be thrown off.

Herald of ice + curse on hit is a bad setup : It will never trigger on mono target When you need it, power charge generation is fine with hot.

My suggestion is: use herald of thunder & phys to lightning instead of added fire damage.

otherwise a cwdt curse will reserve less mana and be more helpfull.
I will never be good but always I try to improve.
Last edited by Geisalt on Oct 2, 2015, 5:45:50 PM
"
Geisalt wrote:
220K is not so impressive with a good dagger & abyssus.

If it's only for atziri runs it's okey to not use physical to lightning gem but otherwise you lose a *1.5 multiplier by shock. Honestly 50% more damage is too good to be thrown off.

Herald of ice + curse on hit is a bad setup : It will never trigger on mono target When you need it, power charge generation is fine with hot.

My suggestion is: use herald of thunder & phys to lightning instead of added fire damage.

otherwise a cwdt curse will reserve less mana and be more helpfull.

220k is great with his dagger, considering he is using added fire and faster attacks instead of wed and isn't trying to milk his tooltip dps with phys to lightning.

Imo phys to lightning is trash after the leech changes and doesn't find a place in any melee build like before. You won't need the shock multiplier when clearing trash in maps and phys dmg beats lightning and any ele dmg anyways, because mobs are less resistant to it. If you need shock, there's vaal lightning trap which works great.

Herald of ice curse on hit works perfectly fine when clearing maps too, yeah its useless when it comes to single bosses, but that's his problem and he can swap in pcoc anyway.

I'm playing a reaver on std currently and the difference between added fire and phys 2 light linked with wed is around 5k dps. I'll gladly take a lower tooltip, less spiky fire dmg, more phys and leech over converting half of it to lightning dmg for a multiplier that won't be much use in 80% of situations, the other 20% solved with vaal lightning trap and less leech.
Ugh effort
P2L+WED+shock works best with Bino.

Big hits = big regen

supercedes any life leech.

Add a soul taker and it supercedes and mana leech too.

But you're right Stray, when relying purely on life leech, more phys damage is better. If fact, hypothermia works the best for pure leeching.
So many strikes within one breath.
But only one strike needed, for certain death.
fiqst is right,

Also even if physical damage is better than lightning ( without penetration and curses atleast)... when you use phys to lightning gem and shock... you lose 50% phys damage with the conversion... OK but shock adds 50% More which includes physical damage so you gain "25%", you lose ONLY 25% physical damage and the leech is capped by the maximum amount of life when you reach this amount of physical dps.

therefore aStrayGami the argument about life leech doesnt matter in this case.

Btw, physical to lightning without wed cannot give a great tooltip, but the ability to shock.... even if there is a 25% lose on the physical output there is a gain on everything else.

P2L is not a tooltip buffer, added fire is the tooltip buffer : it gives 45% extra fire damage but will not scale with the others damage's sources (hatred, phys)... shock will.

and it allows the use of herald of thunder coh.
It seems more optimal.

"
Herald of ice curse on hit works perfectly fine when clearing maps too, yeah its useless when it comes to single bosses, but that's his problem and he can swap in pcoc anyway

It's not "his" problem, he cant shock without p2L so he cant use HOT. PCOC takes a gem slot and he has only has 4 power charges, it's a bad idea to use it when hoi/hot generates the charges with the curses.
I will never be good but always I try to improve.
Last edited by Geisalt on Oct 4, 2015, 3:46:01 AM
I would only use p2l with either a Bino's, or in a dual doryani build. For other builds, its only a good idea in high level phys resist maps where physical resistance values can get really high.

The thing is, while it allows you to shock, the seemingly incredibly high ele damage also gets lowered by monster resists. It is, however definitely worth using if you can find an alternative method of pc generation(or cap crit without pc) and use ele weakness over ass mark.

All in all, its your choice, but pure phys damage will generally(not in all scenarios) fare better, even though p2l shocks.
For try, for see, and for know.

This is a buff
so sad...
Everything is awesome!
Do you suggest for HC play?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info