Life is already hard enough...

so why play a trade simulator when you feel like you're getting shafted in the a***?

Game is supposed to be a type of escape. Let's all be honest here -- if your life is fucking awesome, you wouldn't devote so much of your life to a computer game. We all have 24 hours a day. If someone spends 12 hours on PoE, that means he/she has very little time left to do other stuff. That's just kindergarten math.

We play game because we want to feel accomplished, because we want to feel like we can achieve something that we couldn't in real life. We play game because we want to feel like we're finally good at SOMETHING.

So please, to all the players that are getting extremely frustrated because of PoE, whether is getting gated out of end game content, or trading, or RNG, or the inferiority when comparing yourself to some rich player that has mirrors and mirrored gear, do yourself a favor and ask yourself this question:

"WTF am I doing in this digital world, if I don't even feel like I am having fun anymore??"

Last edited by TraditionalGirl on Aug 22, 2015, 1:41:40 PM
It is getting harder to login every day actually lol
Dys an sohm
Rohs an kyn
Sahl djahs afah
Mah morn narr
And why aren't you having fun?
I play because its fun. I have what I need irl, and Will only get more of it. Safe to say I play more when I know IRL is All good ☺
You Know what? You're right.
I believe it"s time for mew to start picking up those 3ds max skills again and maybe this time I'll crack texturing also :). Also not a bad time to resume my Spanish learning and hike a bit more with the wonderful Dogo Argentino that I have.
Sad thing is that I'am doing way better in real life than in PoE (must be some kind of masochistic shit that i still play).
Also, big thanks to KZA for entertaining me with her book. Cheers.
If life is hard, you're not doing it right.

Peace,

-Boem-

edit : cheers JNF
Freedom is not worth having if it does not include the freedom to make mistakes
Last edited by Boem on Aug 23, 2015, 4:31:39 AM
"

Game is supposed to be a type of escape. Let's all be honest here -- if your life is fucking awesome, you wouldn't devote so much of your life to a computer game.

wrong assumption.
I love my life. I love my wife and my kids. I love my job. I love computer and video games.
always did. always will.
Alva: I'm sweating like a hog in heat
Shadow: That was fun
"
Boem wrote:
If life is hard, your not doing it right.

Peace,

-Boem-

Your grammar...you're not doing it right.

"
so why play a trade simulator...

Game is supposed to be a type of escape. Let's all be honest here -- if your life is fucking awesome, you wouldn't devote so much of your life to a computer game.

Your post is rather subjective, because people enjoy different aspects of the game and everyone has different reasons for playing. Sure, the game might be an escape for some, but for others it's simply a leisurely activity. I personally don't thrive on playing "trade simulator", but I don't completely abhor it thanks to Procurement and Poe.trade. Why are you so vehement on bashing it when you simply can focus on other aspects of the game? Sure, I'm not thrilled with some of the prices right now, but I can work around them.
Still in the alpha stage, but at least build diversity isn't an issue: https://wolcengame.com/home/
Last edited by JNF on Aug 22, 2015, 2:39:53 PM
"
johnKeys wrote:
"

wrong assumption.
I love my life. I love my wife and my kids. I love my job. I love computer and video games.
always did. always will.

There's a difference between playing 8 hours a day and play a few hours during weekend for fun.

Glad you're doing well though.

And simply by making that statement, you're again assuming something and stating it as an absolute. You have no idea what John's personal schedule is. For all you know he could be working for 8 hours, spending a few hours in the evening with his family, and then playing into the wee hours of the morning before getting a few hours of sleep and repeating the process. He might also have a seasonal job where he's not working at the moment and has spare leisure time (such as a school teacher). For all you know, he might play for 40+ hours a week easily. It's not as difficult as you might think to play for that many hours a week while still having a very productive life.
Still in the alpha stage, but at least build diversity isn't an issue: https://wolcengame.com/home/
Last edited by JNF on Aug 22, 2015, 2:45:17 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info