New (old) Regal recipe

So after reading the manifesto post it mentioned a new regal recipe was added to the wiki, so I promptly wandered over there and ... someone deleted it? can't find it under the vendor recipes or the stone page so if someone could point me in the right direction .... :)
It's there http://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Vendor_recipe_system

1x Regal Orb - 3 x Identified rare items with the same name, all 20% quality
“Demons run when a good man goes to war"
Last edited by Sneakypaw on Aug 22, 2015, 9:03:26 AM
Yeah, a recipe without any practical use! ;)

I'm going to make tons and tons of regals by scanning poe.trade for trash rares with some quality.
3.5 build: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2299519
"
Peterlerock wrote:
Yeah, a recipe without any practical use! ;)

I'm going to make tons and tons of regals by scanning poe.trade for trash rares with some quality.

Most of PoE's crafting orbs such as:

1. Chances - burn 1000 (if you live that long to amass them) and no unique!
2. Fusings - burn 1500+ and no 6L!
3. Jeweler/scouring - burn 1000+ and still not get the combo of stats you want!
4. Blessed - burn... oh wait... you never ever amass enough to do jack shit with them.
5. Chaos - who (except no-lifers or flippers) has enough to keep re-rolling?!
6. Regal - who would ever waste them to upgrade a magic item?!

etc., etc., are off the crafting table due to orb starvation for the middle earth of the road players.

GGG devs have the insane thinking that all who love PoE also love the 1000s of hours grind fest required to amass enough to do any significant crafting. GGG also is in lockstep with the elite no-lifers and masochists that are the top supporters in catering to them almost exclusively to the exclusion of all other arpg players. That thinking will only go so far until the world of sugar daddy elite financial backers dries up. Right now I see GGG healthy as they are producing foreign language versions of PoE to expand their market. That actually many keep them in the black all the way through act 10 if the non-english native language versions come out quickly enough. The problem is that leaves a huge PoE loving player base out in the cold. Some will be content with paltry rewards for time played but millions have come and gone just because of the super high grind time / low rewards that PoE has been, is, and (unfortunately) will always be.

The flip side to this arpg is Torchlight II with too much high quality loot (it's raining set items hallelujah... no way... loot galore of this magnitude is bad) and D3:ROS that while it does give better rewards for time played and item progression works very well all the time but the lack of trading (most great gear is class and/or character bound) and the limited skill diversity severely hurts it. I haven't tried any other arpgs recently so if there is a better middle of the road gear balanced arpg please enlighten me.

Just because the PoE economy as a whole has many T1 items for sale doesn't mean that the 99% are getting in on any share of quality loot. But GGG has forever and will forever (as long as their coffers are ful) continue to use ungodly low RNG chances of any individual player getting a great item or being able to craft one. But that is the same as all lotteries in that millions will play but few to none will win. We must all suck it up to play in this arpg sandbox or get out, there seems to be no middle ground.
"You've got to grind, grind, grind at that grindstone..."
Necessity may be the mother of invention, but poor QoP in PoE is the father of frustration.

The perfect solution to fix Trade Chat:
www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2247070
Last edited by Arrowneous on Aug 22, 2015, 4:53:42 PM
"
Sneakypaw wrote:

A few weeks after I started playing, I thought that I could use half of my 10 stashtabs to collect rares and then look for same names.
Yeah, I filled them quickly, I even found 2-3 pairs, then realized that I needed about 2h to scan/compare/write manually.

I had some fun and learned two things:
PoE has a rather large naming pool and some of the items had quite cool names.
This recipe is only for people with hundreds of tabs and an external script.
Dynamit,
Architekturkritik, die man tatsächlich sieht!

Farin Urlaub
http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x2nz5q9
"
Wraeklops wrote:
"
Sneakypaw wrote:

A few weeks after I started playing, I thought that I could use half of my 10 stashtabs to collect rares and then look for same names.
Yeah, I filled them quickly, I even found 2-3 pairs, then realized that I needed about 2h to scan/compare/write manually.

I had some fun and learned two things:
PoE has a rather large naming pool and some of the items had quite cool names.
This recipe is only for people with hundreds of tabs and an external script.

yeah, gotta use procurement for that.
I tried hoarding EVERYTHING I could for 1 month or so in a past league and found out it really wasnt worth it. (50 or so tabs, but prolly around 40 used for this)
Oblivious
Last edited by Disrupted on Aug 22, 2015, 5:12:57 PM
oh, knew about that for a while so I just assumed it was already there. pity there's no hidden exalt recipe :P
"
Asmosis wrote:
oh, knew about that for a while so I just assumed it was already there. pity there's no hidden exalt recipe :P

Who says there's not? :D
edit
Last edited by Jaille on Aug 22, 2015, 9:40:19 PM
"
Jaille wrote:
edit

Should have put [Removed by Support] for maximum effect and added "Last edited by Chris/Qarl" to your sig.
:D
Bird lover of Wraeclast
Las estrellas te iluminan - Hoy te sirven de guía
Te sientes tan fuerte que piensas - que nadie te puede tocar

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info