[2.0 HC]Ghost Buster

As seen in Reddit: Ghost Buster Build

I will start with basic info such as skill tree and gear, and will add things over time.
The best way for me to add more information is you asking questions.

Stats_In_Combat
Determination+Discipline

Current Skill Tree LVL 84

Current_Gear

Note that this build is made for Hardcore, and would be much cheaper to make in Softcore, at least if you don't mind dying occasionally. You can rely just on LGoH, but that will get you killed eventually.

It is important to have 100% uptime on Flasks. This is achieved by rolling "Avengers" (Recharges 3 Charges when you take a Critical Strike) prefix on flasks + additional chance to receive critical strike on jewels:
This might seem counterproductive, but constantly having additional 6k base armor, 10 to all max res, 100% knockback, bleed/shock/freeze/curse immunity easily outweighs ~1-3% extra damage taken
(if even that with Enfeeble + Unyielding crit multi reductions)

My next goal is to achieve 70% block and 3k ES.

My other Tempest builds:
Ghost Buster
FAT Arctic Breath
Static Blast
Last edited by dvs_m0rph on Aug 26, 2015, 7:28:30 AM
I'm currently leveling a similar build, but from scion and focusing more on block and high armor values on gear I'd love to hear your opinions on a few points to help me in my decision making; In no particular order:

Rare helmet versus Devoto's: Does the attack + move speed make up for the loss of 90+ base health?

Amulet choice: Anvil vs Lazhwar when thinking about it I was very worried about being heavily chunked out by spell effects (porcipine's dying, multiple volitle X-blood type mosters dying quickly together) What are your thoughts on the amulet choice?

Chest: Do you think the aoe from carcass jack (and by extension: Templar AoE) is nessicary for the build to function?

"
riolic wrote:
Rare helmet versus Devoto's: Does the attack + move speed make up for the loss of 90+ base health?

I am looking into other options, such as: rare hybrid, pure es, The Vertex. Life loss is not too big of a deal, chaos resist is just as important. I also need that dex for now.

"
riolic wrote:
Amulet choice: Anvil vs Lazhwar when thinking about it I was very worried about being heavily chunked out by spell effects (porcipine's dying, multiple volitle X-blood type mosters dying quickly together) What are your thoughts on the amulet choice?

The main reason for Anvil is life gain on block. I could see me dying to chaos damage mobs, or just some really heavy hitting mobs without it. Basically i want it to save me if game freezes and i stand in place for too long with no potions. Spell damage is not a big concern so far. Also you should not stay around mobs when they get killed.

"
riolic wrote:
Chest: Do you think the aoe from carcass jack (and by extension: Templar AoE) is nessicary for the build to function?

I am still testing different options. Aoe definitely helps, but is not really required. Kinda same situation as helmet here: rare hybrid, pure es or atziri chest are other options i am looking into.
Last edited by dvs_m0rph on Aug 26, 2015, 7:45:06 AM
Last edited by dvs_m0rph on Aug 25, 2015, 3:13:48 AM
how do you get your mana back?

and only 15% inc chance to take a critical strike chance is enought?! from jewels?
SHOP : http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/682434
Last edited by xenochaos1 on Sep 17, 2015, 12:11:34 PM
"
xenochaos1 wrote:
how do you get your mana back?

and only 15% inc chance to take a critical strike chance is enought?! from jewels?

Anvil and/or Testudo gives all the mana you need.
15% is more than enough. Even 5 would be ok, but it is hard to start with 5% while you don't have enough mobs on you.
Hey don't mean to be a bother, but I cant help but notice there are some gems missing from the build description and I dont see any of em in your character's equipment. Have you stopped ghost busting?

Also curious if this chest piece is acceptable
Last edited by Macromute on Sep 22, 2015, 11:55:04 AM
"
Macromute wrote:
Hey don't mean to be a bother, but I cant help but notice there are some gems missing from the build description and I dont see any of em in your character's equipment. Have you stopped ghost busting?

Also curious if this chest piece is acceptable

Nah, all gems are there. There are just some empty sockets as this build is quite light on gems.
I am done with this league, will be back for the next one.

Chest is ok, but you should be able to get much better for under 20c.
If I was going for a solo ghost busting type build would it be realistic to switch ancestral bond out for low lvl weapon?
"
Valnar01 wrote:
If I was going for a solo ghost busting type build would it be realistic to switch ancestral bond out for low lvl weapon?

Not really. You could use dyadian dawn though. And switch it out for killing.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info