whys everyone foaming at their mouths from this revelation?

"
jebroni wrote:
The wealth division started with legacies, and it snowballed MANY of the richest in standard.

no it didnt, it was caused by mirror fees. "Healthy economy =/= stable economy" and standard economy is more stable than the temp leagues, where there are no legacy items...

I feel like you are upset that other people are rich, you dont really understand the reasons and you are just venting, blaming whatever suits you regardless of logic and facts.

Me an grepman disagree now and then on the forums, and sometimes maybe we even get a little sharp with each other perhaps? But at the end of the day its always a difference of opinion, while I might disagree I respect his right to have his opinion. This isnt opinion, its just a fact that what youre saying isnt right.
"
Snorkle_uk wrote:
I feel like you are upset that other people are rich, you dont really understand the reasons and you are just venting, blaming whatever suits you regardless of logic and facts.

I'm really sorry, but I held by far the most expensive build on standard which required at worst the top 10 items in each slot to even function, holding mirrors, and stacks beyond stacks of exalts. In 2013, that put me at pretty near the top of the wealth of players. I think I know what it means to be rich, and charging 3 ex per mirror fee was not the way. The double digit fees only came by once there was a massive enough money pool to even craft those level of items to begin with.

I believe you actually quoted me stating that stable isn't healthy. There seems to be a misconception about "stable" meaning good. It is not necessarily. Anyway, I am not going to delve further into high level economy itself, as is why I chose not to reply to grepman. Wealth divide and economy have many overlapping things, but touch very different topics at times. I was interested in the former.
people had 1000s of exalts before there was even expensive legacy uniques in the game... people who were running mirror services. Kaoms Heart and Shavs didnt go legacy until 1.0.0 which landed 23rd october 2013, here is a video from 2 months before those items went legacy, 29th august 2013

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oAcxZJatteg

so he made 1000s of exalts from legacy uniques that were not even in the game at that point? Or... from those mirror service 6 links in his stash maybe? And selling those none legacy 6 link shavs etc perhaps?

The price on legacy kaoms and shavs didnt really go up big time until quite a long while after 1.0.0 launched, way past the point where it was game over for anyone trying to compete with the money lords. Legacy uniques mean virtually nothing in the big picture, the vast majority of items that have gone legacy are owned by fairly regular players and more often than not its helped. For every rich guy who owned 3 kaoms hearts and 3 shavs when they went legacy there were probably 1000 players who were, in comparison, poor as fuck but had that 1 high end unqiue that went up in value. Kaoms Heart was 30ex, 1000% facebreakers were 1ex, you didnt need to have 3000 exalts like gomie to own one of these things at the point when they got nerfed, and if you owned one the amount of wealth you gained from them going legacy was absolutely insignificant in the larger picture.
about 3 weeks ago a guy sold me a one of those bows for 5 exalt said it was easy to make. I just thought he was being kind or quitting the game or something all the other bows were 30+ exalt orbs. Had no idea what he meant cause i'm just returning to the game and still learning about masters. Only level 6 on a few master.
"
Snorkle_uk wrote:
people had 1000s of exalts before there was even expensive legacy uniques in the game... people who were running mirror services. Kaoms Heart and Shavs didnt go legacy until 1.0.0 which landed 23rd october 2013, here is a video from 2 months before those items went legacy, 29th august 2013

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oAcxZJatteg

so he made 1000s of exalts from legacy uniques that were not even in the game at that point? Or... from those mirror service 6 links in his stash maybe? And selling those none legacy 6 link shavs etc perhaps?

The price on legacy kaoms and shavs didnt really go up big time until quite a long while after 1.0.0 launched, way past the point where it was game over for anyone trying to compete with the money lords. Legacy uniques mean virtually nothing in the big picture, the vast majority of items that have gone legacy are owned by fairly regular players and more often than not its helped. For every rich guy who owned 3 kaoms hearts and 3 shavs when they went legacy there were probably 1000 players who were, in comparison, poor as fuck but had that 1 high end unqiue that went up in value. Kaoms Heart was 30ex, 1000% facebreakers were 1ex, you didnt need to have 3000 exalts like gomie to own one of these things at the point when they got nerfed, and if you owned one the amount of wealth you gained from them going legacy was absolutely insignificant in the larger picture.

First and foremost - much of those ex were not from mirroring. There were hardly that many mirrors to begin with let alone the competition among other mirror services splitting the customers. There's also the part where you sort of need a massive base wealth from something else to kick those projects off in the first place.

I mean.. I can tell you one example of how money popped up out of thin air - chance high level uniques. Raked in hundreds in profit just from something as simple as this. Way more ways go gain wealth. Mirror services is just the most obvious one but that doesn't mean you can just go and assume that was the only way..

However, none of this is relevant because legacies still created the largest divide there ever was in the game. You can argue all you want about that small, very finite group of millionaires, but legacies removed whatever was middle class from standard. That is by far more worse than anything.
I think the whole reason people foam at it the most is because its lower-tiered cousin has a vendor recipe...

http://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Orb_of_Augmentation
Just another Forum Signature in a Sea of Signatures.
This thread has been locked, as there is already an active thread discussing this topic here, and please check out the discussion in Chris' Development Manifesto post.
Need some help? Contact us at support@grindinggear.com

Queen of Padlocks
Last edited by Rachel on Aug 22, 2015, 7:24:31 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info