whys everyone foaming at their mouths from this revelation?

"
Peterlerock wrote:
If only people were as angry IRL.

Apple producing iphones for some small amount by child slave labor, and selling their shit for 500$ to hipsters camping overnight in front of their stores? Nothing.
Whole economies played and ruined by some ruthless bankers? Who cares?
Whole countries forced into a new kind of slavery by our "free market" system? Too busy plaing video games, what did you say?

Some dudes fooling around with pixel money, nobody gets harmed? RIOT!

Your comment was funnier before the edit :(

Not a fan of bank haters. Most IRL banker complaints refer to smart people playing legal games (and making profits from it). Banks fuck people, but they don't do it directly like Apple (most of the time).

Your main point is still valid though. People get affected by this stuff IRL, complaining about it inside of a video game is unbelievably stupid. I honestly didn't believe it when I first read about it. I just thought...a handful of players have way more pixels than the other players? Who cares?
IGN Sikler
Last edited by sindronian on Aug 21, 2015, 2:26:09 AM
i found 2EX in warbands in the same day and minutes after, i got whispers asking if i'd sell them. i said no(obv) but that was weird for me because i wasn't on any chat and told nobody about it. item scanning in ppl's inventories/characters is a little screwed up.

since then i found a 3rd one and i'm sitting on them 'n hoarding them! :)
Last edited by kreca73 on Aug 21, 2015, 2:34:37 AM
I have basically 2 griefs with the current situation :

1) The equivalent of tens of thousands of hours of grinding are going to rot away in some stashes after the end of the league. Just because that team can't be bothered to give away stuff they won't be using anyways.
2) A lot of the secrets that GGG wants the players to find on their own requires unhealthy amounts of time spent playing the game. Like, if there's anything going on with the albino rhoa (if it actually exists, I've never managed to see even one), then you'd probably need hundreds or thousands of hours of testing to uncover it. This ensures that people not able to spend a lot of time playing the game are going to miss tons of information.

PS : If you know players letting large amounts of wealth rot away in the permanent leagues, please let them know it would be very cool of them to give it away to people who will be using it.
"
I have basically 2 griefs with the current situation :

1) The equivalent of tens of thousands of hours of grinding are going to rot away in some stashes after the end of the league. Just because that team can't be bothered to give away stuff they won't be using anyways.
2) A lot of the secrets that GGG wants the players to find on their own requires unhealthy amounts of time spent playing the game. Like, if there's anything going on with the albino rhoa (if it actually exists, I've never managed to see even one), then you'd probably need hundreds or thousands of hours of testing to uncover it. This ensures that people not able to spend a lot of time playing the game are going to miss tons of information.

PS : If you know players letting large amounts of wealth rot away in the permanent leagues, please let them know it would be very cool of them to give it away to people who will be using it.

Like in real life. Now who is the expert in demonology? :-)
MY CHALLENGES ARE DONE ON HC, IT'S NOT SC GUYS!
"
A lot of the secrets that GGG wants the players to find on their own requires unhealthy amounts of time spent playing the game.

People who spend more time on X are better in X. Wow, this is awful! GGG need to fix PoE so everone get free exalts and God have to fix real life...
"Is there such a thing as an absolute, timeless enemy? There is no such thing, and never has been. And the reason
is that our enemies are human beings like us. They can only be our enemies in relative terms."
Last edited by kamil1210 on Aug 21, 2015, 3:51:03 AM
I think its because you can make more money selling orbs and or items than aesthetics. This is all some cover up for selling a bunch of orbs to some shitty guild and them bragging. :D . Game is dead move on. I am sure another company with better values will make another game :D .
The ones foaming at the mouth are the ones who'll never be truly well-off in terms of the game wealth pyramid.

In fact, they'll never be well-off in any sense of the word since they'll always find something new to moan about.

The Wheel of Nerfs turns, and builds come and pass, leaving memories that become legend. Legend fades to myth, and even myth is long forgotten when the build that gave it birth comes again.
"
Furioushobo wrote:
I think its because you can make more money selling orbs and or items than aesthetics. This is all some cover up for selling a bunch of orbs to some shitty guild and them bragging. :D . Game is dead move on. I am sure another company with better values will make another game :D .

Proofs?
GGG banning all political discussion shortly after getting acquired by China is a weird coincidence.
"
Xavderion wrote:
"
Furioushobo wrote:

Proofs?
My little smiley faces are proof :D.
"
kamil1210 wrote:
"
A lot of the secrets that GGG wants the players to find on their own requires unhealthy amounts of time spent playing the game.

People who spend more time on X are better in X. Wow, this is awful! GGG need to fix PoE so everone get free exalts and God have to fix real life...

Did I forget to underline unhealthy? Oh, looks like I did. There's nothing wrong with players investing more of their time into the game having advantages. What's wrong is that PoE seems to require more of your time than you would spend on your irl job. That's not something a game should ever require of its players.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info