whys everyone foaming at their mouths from this revelation?

Everyone foaming hard at this crafting revelation because it made people rich yet legacies.. the source of possibly the single biggest wealth divide in the history of the game - "we are ok with this"

/logic?
Last edited by Rachel on Aug 22, 2015, 7:14:24 AM
Mostly because temp leagues are competitive while permanent leagues are not. (My best guess)
No one likes getting ripped off, no one likes some people having inside information.

You know, insider trading is actually illegal in many countries? This situation is pretty much a video-game version of it.

The main issue, is the fact that an employee gave some people very important information, and they abused it to the detriment of many other players.

Also, sadly, most of hte enjoyment from this game requires you to wheel and deal, to trade, to spend most of your time spamming trade chats and 3rd party websites to make a buck to optimize your character. Hell, I 6l my own armor but I still had to spend quite a bit of time converting currency to do it.

I doubt there would be much issue with this if GGG didnt handle this incredibly poorly.

He should have never deleted his post, or they should have never allowed this misinformation to go so far.

Look this isn't some small-time CB game anymore. Tons of players are affected by things like this, and far more negatively then positive. A select lucky few benefited greatly from some key information while others suffered. Information made public to only a few.

I dont feel sorry for GGG one bit from all this backlash. They handled this situation like complete crap, and deserve all the negativity they get for it.

Last edited by Destructodave on Aug 20, 2015, 8:40:49 PM
What happened?
IGN: Tuqo
Pretty sure martha stewart went to prison for insider trading.
Lol @ the post above.
This was intended, GGG said in the past they made recipes secret and whatnot, with the intent for people that discover it to chose to either profit or share.

didnt affect my gameplay, wouldnt affect my gameplay. People are unbelievably petty. Will affect how I will craft in the future, and thankful it was finally shared.

(there's this supposition that one GGG staff shared "the secret recipe" within the guild he was on, but so far have seen no proof of such)
Oblivious
"
jebroni wrote:
Everyone foaming hard at this crafting revelation because it made people rich yet legacies.. the source of possibly the single biggest wealth divide in the history of the game - "we are ok with this"

/logic?

I'm not fine with legacies nor am I fine with this
i love how people take their jealousy that they didn't know or find out about this crafting thing (and in turn make a crap ton of currency in a VIDEO GAME) and turn it to accuse GGG of misplay.

they did nothing wrong in this scenario, i personally don't think. people just rage and so the natural progression is to blame GGG. "you didn't let me know about it, so its your fault!"
"
BrotherCool wrote:
"
jebroni wrote:

/logic?

I'm not fine with legacies nor am I fine with this

Yea. Neither was I about legacies. I even owned very high valued legacies in standard at the time. When I talked about this years ago, nobody would even listen to me until I started linking a bunch of legacies just to prove I wasn't opposing them because I was butthurt.

Yet here we are today, and I could honestly bring up the -exact- arguments everyone threw at me years ago and apply it to this meta crafting thing. Why the sudden change of mind? Is it because nobody cared about standard and therefore it was ok? But now the tune changes because this matters to the temp league players doesn't it.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info