I think BLoW Guild just died...

"

when i joined, the person who interviewed me said that to me; Zelh(cant remember rest of name)

apparently, its the oldest "official" guild with players that have been around for a long time.

I would say RIP has that honour:

https://www.pathofexile.com/guild/profile/482

Quite a few Alpha members, or those who joined up prior to 2013. Plus look at all the GGG employees! Looks like this is the guild to be in if you want real insider information (in reference to recent events). ;)

And then you also have GGG's guild:

https://www.pathofexile.com/guild/profile/1
Last edited by Junky on Aug 21, 2015, 10:32:49 AM
Yep, I got culled. But it's ok, I was way more active with people during Forsaken Masters, haven't even really been in the chat for a long time. Don't really plan on playing much more for the time being anyways.
[/quote]
gonna hand u your gucci (B/T)ag when iam home in like 3-3,5hours :P
or if you are online atm, just ask axn to give it to you :P[/quote]

sweet I'm down; Gucci me up! Not online for another 9.5 hours tho :(
POE is life. POE is ♥.
"
Although I feel this is an internal matter and not fit for General Discussion, I figure a few former BLoW members may be reading/checking it and want to know what's going on.

Just got here by chance, interesting to read this, although I also would have prefered it outside of general discussion.

Thanks for the time, it was nice be a part of blow. I was surprised though, but... anyway, have fun.
Dynamit,
Architekturkritik, die man tatsächlich sieht!

Farin Urlaub
http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x2nz5q9
He claims to be only 1 PM away but he didn't show me the respect to answer to my PM, I sent him yesterday after I find out I was kicked from the guild and banned from the forum.

Unfortunately 300 posts in a private forum was not enough to get known each other. Oh yeah before that he said, he will eventually kick people from the guild and then message them right away to give a reason. I am still waiting for that message.

@charan You shouldn't treat people like that.
"
"

gonna hand u your gucci (B/T)ag when iam home in like 3-3,5hours :P
or if you are online atm, just ask axn to give it to you :P

sweet I'm down; Gucci me up! Not online for another 9.5 hours tho :(

gonna invite u when iam hope :P just accept once u are down to :P
> Alt Arts for Sale: /view-thread/3260276

Contact support@grindinggear.com to report issues relating to the game or forum. Thanks!
Last edited by Doe on Aug 21, 2015, 11:14:35 AM
"
acillatem wrote:
He claims to be only 1 PM away but he didn't show me the respect to answer to my PM, I sent him yesterday after I find out I was kicked from the guild and banned from the forum.

Unfortunately 300 posts in a private forum was not enough to get known each other. Oh yeah before that he said, he will eventually kick people from the guild and then message them right away to give a reason. I am still waiting for that message.

@charan You shouldn't treat people like that.

Give him a chance man, BLoW had a lot of people and I'm sure he's been reaching out to many of us. I don't think calling him out in GD is gonna help anything.
"
"
Xavderion wrote:
What is dead may never die.

A fitting quote for what has happened.

Although I feel this is an internal matter and not fit for General Discussion, I figure a few former BLoW members may be reading/checking it and want to know what's going on.

Basically, I've culled pretty much anyone I don't know personally. I was unhappy with the state of the guild as a massive house party. Those have never really been my thing, especially when it's time to clean up afterwards. Virtually no one has messaged me about it, so I guess the score is known.

BLoW had an amazing run. It was one of the first official guilds of PoE (there are much older unofficial ones), and almost certainly the guild that had collectively supported the most, given you had to own a kiwi or rhoa just to get in. The original intention was for a rotating door guild, something to replace the now-lost global chat from the beta days, populated by people who were around when things were simpler and the hatred for the devs nothing more than a stormcloud lurking in the distance. This means, people coming and going. Unfortunately, people came and didn't go.

We had a waiting list before long, so cullings were inevitable. I used to be a lot more ruthless about them, and people took that in stride, me being Charan and all. Then I took an extended leave of absence due to illness (I'm still not fully recovered) and I left the guild in someone else's hands. That someone else turned this not-guild into an actual guild, something I failed to grasp upon my return. That someone else now runs a very successful guild of their own. I wouldn't say we're on good terms but I always felt we did our own thing.

Anyway, BLoW never fully recovered from that transition. It became implicitly split between serious gamers and serious chatters. I had to choose which it was. And I had to be ruthless once again. There were casualties I did not expect, but in times of crisis, the true nature of character is revealed. I am Charan and BLoW is my house. I believe some people who always seemed okay with that implicit reality weren't so okay with it when I started to enforce it. Dominoes started to fall and I just became tired of logging on to see another handful of people I thought on board with what BLoW truly is walking away. I get why it happened: BLoW was always about gathering kindred spirits. Friendships made there cannot be split by it, and so people followed their friends. That's cool.

To avoid any further mornings of disappointment, I cleaned house for good. The party is over. I can see the furniture again. I've mopped up the puke and scrubbed the bathroom.

What remains is what I always wanted.

What was 200+ is now less than 50. I should note that this is still twice the size of any other guild I've run online since 1996. Those who did not leave are those who showed about as much ambition in-game as I do, which is to say fuck all. Those I removed I either didn't know or suspected wanted much more from a guild than BLoW was ever meant to provide.

The doors are closed but there's always knocking. I merely reserve the right to say 'nothing to see here, move on' if a person at the door wants anything more than a small bunch of layabout, good-for-nothing chatters who occasionally play the game, and even then mostly spend time noticing the aesthetic changes more than anything.

I won't be replying to this thread. I'm never more than a PM away.

Nice post, if I ever thought of joining a guild that's the sort of thing that would pull me.

My Kiwi proudly adorns my steam achievements wall of fame Oo :P
"
"
Who the fuck are they?

Oldest guild in POE

There are a lot of guilds which were made the day guilds came out. Not just yours.
IGN:Vennttorr - Level 100 Witch - 1st Witch to 100.

My mirror service thread: http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/811499

My Crit Arc build: http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1090691 -- Updated
It was a good run with so many people. Not the first guild (especially counting the unofficial ones before guilds were added). Certainly the largest guild (well, tied with everyone else at the cap, and we had to get the cap raised many, many times) and by far and away the guild with the most Supporters.

Pretty crazy last week though. I hope that everyone who either left voluntarily or was later kicked when the guild shut down following the exodus finds a nice home to land in. We'll probably open the doors again some time in the future, but for now, party on everyone.
Last edited by pneuma on Aug 21, 2015, 11:50:34 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info