Can we talk about how messed up it is that crafting was changed without anything in patch notes?

I'm referring to the interaction between *affixes cannot be changed metamods and Scouring Orbs.

This change is simply too big to have been handled in this way.

I'm not prone to dramatic outbursts, and I've never made an "I quit" post, but right now I'm seriously considering quitting. Why? I never much liked trading in the first place. I don't mind that there are people richer than me, and I'm not doing too badly myself. But when I found out they are richer (and *so* much richer) specifically because of an unannounced change to something that was previously established, I don't quite know how to describe it, I just find it unfair and distasteful.

For all the nuisance of having to talk to other players in order to get the items I wanted, there was a certain impartiality to it all. GGG likes for players to discover things, but if GGG's vision of how that should be rewarded is by an advantage of this magnitude, then our visions are more different than I realized. The advantage afforded by this knowledge was unforgivably vast. It should have been disclosed in the patch notes and now it's too late.

GGG:

You really, seriously, truly fucked this up. I don't even see how you can make it right.
Last edited by Bex_GGG on Aug 20, 2015, 6:37:29 PM
it was not changed, it has always worked this way. people just believed the rich when they said it didn't work (it did take a few eternal orbs to test back when...)

https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1401804
Last edited by paull on Aug 20, 2015, 6:27:13 PM
So I gather from reading other threads.

If true, it's still just as bad from my point of view. Ignoring my point about the patch notes, the part I take issue with is the depth of the advantage provided by something 99.9% of player base had no way of knowing. Nearly as economically damaging as a duping bug, the fact that it was intentional doesn't make it any more pleasant.

If the vision GGG has for this game is for closely guarded knowledge to make Gods of a select few players, then it's not a vision I want to be a part of.

If Woods and his guild are rich because they theorycrafted for months and worked tirelessly, not only do I not resent that, I am impressed by it. If they are richer because of a completely unexpected interaction, which even AXN and ventor didn't know about, well, no, fuck that. That's a bit too realistic for my taste.

I don't play games to get fucked over in the same way as real life.
"
paull wrote:
it was not changed, it has always worked this way. people just believed the rich when they said it didn't work (it did take a few eternal orbs to test back when...)

https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1401804

No, it did not always worked like so. Someone tried it on stream and it didn't work on 1.3

This was something that they stealth introduced to 2.0 with no documentation anywhere so that GGG selected friends would get richer while the rest get poorer.

Standard might be a dumpster, but at least +3 bows and staff are useless there. Enjoy dupers and shady GGG members and their friends in your temp leagues. As if it wasn't hard getting upgrades before, now buying from these monopolizing GGG guilds making it even worse.
IGN: LessBow
Hey guys,

Please check out Chris' Development Manifesto post and continue the discussion there! There's many discussions open about this at the moment and it would be great to have them all in once place.

Sorry for the interruption!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info