If GGG asked for money......

"
"
johnssec wrote:
No, I wouldn't, and probably won't buy any other supporter packs.

I just don't believe in Chris and the devs anymore. I don't think their vision for the game matches up with the players and I think they make their decisions based on what they want instead of what the people actually playing want.

Game designers always follow what they want and pay attention to community if it can generate profit.
If not or if it's risky they prefer let third party doing it :)

Welcome to 2015 game industry.
Hf :)
Yes I would, I have around 1500 hours in this game since closed beta and have gotten way more value per dollar then any other game. So if GGG asked me to I would happily hand over more money.
I would gladly pay a monthly fee for this game assuming they added a few things, namely an acceptable trade system.

If they decided to never go fee based before crashing and burning then, as mentioned before, I would gladly buy a stand alone/multiplayer version of the game. hell, I never group anyway, why not.
"
respwnd wrote:
I would gladly pay a monthly fee for this game assuming they added a few things, namely an acceptable trade system.

If they decided to never go fee based before crashing and burning then, as mentioned before, I would gladly buy a stand alone/multiplayer version of the game. hell, I never group anyway, why not.

It's usually the other way around. I doubt many ppl would pay a sub for what was once f2p. The same few who would, I suspect are already supporters and pay regardless. That would be a lose/lose situation imo.
Don't forget to drink your milk 👌
"
TheWretch wrote:
"
respwnd wrote:

It's usually the other way around. I doubt many ppl would pay a sub for what was once f2p. The same few who would, I suspect are already supporters and pay regardless. That would be a lose/lose situation imo.

Oh I agree, not even sure if I can name a game that went F2P -> Sub, but I assume this is a worst case scenario for GGG. Many games have simply died, even F2P games, but I don't know how many of those gave the playerbase a vote on going subscription based before folding.
I'd only donate money to them at this point if they were working on a client/server architecture where users could host their own servers. Their income is 8 digits.
I changed my mind , I will actually give them money straight up when the game comes out of it's permanent beta stage .

"
And the thread that shouldn't just keeps on...

Has anyone even linked the shop yet? Guys...GGG is currently accepting all support.. why wait for something you love to be in a bad spot before you contribute to it's well being? Any amount helps. You can even just buy 5$ worth of points, get yourself some skin xfers or a small pet or something

https://www.pathofexile.com/purchase

Don't forget to drink your milk 👌
"
"
TwistedTrip wrote:
But if there were serious problems about PoE continuation I would chip in what I can.

The trick is to sort of not let it get to that point...

Ah bit of a late reply Charan, I realise that sounds silly. Should it ever reach that point there maybe greater questions to be asked. However PoE means a lot to me, I'm sure it does to many as it already shows. I don't think I have ever spent as much money on a single game as I have with PoE, to a tragic end short of pay to win micro-transactions or the possibility of an auction house I would more than likely support them if they asked within reason.

It may sound sappy, but I believe in GGG.
#NeverGoing90
Last edited by TwistedTrip on Aug 29, 2015, 8:37:55 AM
"
johnssec wrote:

I just don't believe in Chris and the devs anymore. I don't think their vision for the game matches up with the players and I think they make their decisions based on what they want instead of what the people actually playing want.

Exactly. I'm enjoying spending my money elsewhere until this game gets back on track sometime in 2016 by which point I would probably have lost all my interest in PoE.
Last edited by Ceryneian on Aug 29, 2015, 11:28:36 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info