So now crafting secrets are revealed

cant really blame people for not testing the effects of a scouring orb on a very expensive meta mod on potentially a very expensive alt + regal roll.

if I am reading things correctly, the biggest change was the cost of the meta mods, removal of eternal orb and the dubiousness of a deleted post on reddit maybe piquing interest?

destroying a 6 link legacy shavs in town might fill your entire inventory in mirrors, but who is seriously going to take the chance, a bird in the hand versus birds in the bush and all that
Hey...is this thing on?
Last edited by LostForm on Aug 20, 2015, 5:00:59 PM
"
LostForm wrote:
destroying a 6 link legacy shavs in town might fill your entire inventory in mirrors, but who is seriously going to take the chance, a bird in the hand versus birds in the bush and all that

Maybe the guy with the completely fucked shav's that lost its unique and defining chaos mod that GGG refused to fix.

XD
Casually casual.

I actually wondered about this a lot in the past, but was always a poor schmuck to be able to afford the risk.

Related, remember one guy in /poeg/ that actually knew about the +lvl craft, but thought it was common knowledge and never took advantage of it lol
Oblivious
Last edited by Disrupted on Aug 20, 2015, 9:37:39 PM
"
RagnarokChu wrote:
...It would mean you can craft highly powerful top end rares yourself for a fraction it used to cost before. Now almost anyone can do crafting if they want too.

The sad part is people can only think of "gg mirror worthy items" as oppose to the massive boon of mid to higher end and near top end rares now cheaper in price and craftable. Take example a +3 staff which used to be a shit ton of exalts now somewhat affordable.

What I don't understand is: Why do people consider this to be a bad thing? In all RPGs, the goal (of most people except addicted grinders) is to work towards equipping your current char such that it can destroy most content. Once that gets boring (which takes a helluva lot longer for most people than you seem to think), the game should have enough variety to make you want to try this with a different char/skillset. And POE has such variety.

So: Easier access to great gear is good. Up to a point, of course, but that point has not not been passed by this change, at least not in my opinion. These crafts still cost enough high level currency to keep a playing person (as opposed to a no-lifer or trader) busy for a few 100 hours per item. So that's all right.
May your maps be bountiful, exile
"
treffnix wrote:
"
RagnarokChu wrote:
...It would mean you can craft highly powerful top end rares yourself for a fraction it used to cost before. Now almost anyone can do crafting if they want too.

The sad part is people can only think of "gg mirror worthy items" as oppose to the massive boon of mid to higher end and near top end rares now cheaper in price and craftable. Take example a +3 staff which used to be a shit ton of exalts now somewhat affordable.

What I don't understand is: Why do people consider this to be a bad thing? In all RPGs, the goal (of most people except addicted grinders) is to work towards equipping your current char such that it can destroy most content. Once that gets boring (which takes a helluva lot longer for most people than you seem to think), the game should have enough variety to make you want to try this with a different char/skillset. And POE has such variety.

So: Easier access to great gear is good. Up to a point, of course, but that point has not not been passed by this change, at least not in my opinion. These crafts still cost enough high level currency to keep a playing person (as opposed to a no-lifer or trader) busy for a few 100 hours per item. So that's all right.
I havent really given it a lot of thought, so my view can and may change, but such 'easy' pseudo-eternal crafting devalues the drops a ton. people already dont pick up rares much, soon people wont pick up anything if you can craft from the groundup

its a delicate situation where you dont want your itemization be strictly uniques+crafted rares from white bases. you want a segment of good-but-no-so-great, imperfect rares. this concept was largely shattered with eternals, and now with these mods
"
Druga1757 wrote:
If scours/prefix/suffix interaction changed from 1.3 > 2.0, it should have been included in the patch notes, like they did with all the other master craft changes.

Something also needs to be done about exalts. It's pretty obvious this master craft change is contributing to inflating exalt prices. There is a huge gap now between chaos and exalts, and the issue is items that are being sold for ex's are being inflated because of it. Chaos > other currencies are remaining stable. So an item that used to sell for 1 ex used to be valued at 40-50 chaos. Now it's 70+ chaos, and not because the item is rarer, or there is more demand for it, it's purely because of the inflating price of exalts.

Lastly, the whole point of removing eternals was to prevent crafting perfect T1 items, wasn't it? So it seems this meta mod/scour interaction just gave players the ability to craft perfect T1 items again. So what was the point of removing eternals, then?

As an interesting side result, this should deflate the price of eternals.

Except you can't. You'd need T1 stats on an item already to even have a remote chance of crafting a GG item. 6 T1 still needs Eternals.
IGN : Ericaa
My Store! /108685
My Rain of Arrows Evasion build guide! https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/791798
Twitch! http://www.twitch.tv/samfishersam
"
linkstatic wrote:
"
Druga1757 wrote:
If scours/prefix/suffix interaction changed from 1.3 > 2.0, it should have been included in the patch notes, like they did with all the other master craft changes.

Something also needs to be done about exalts. It's pretty obvious this master craft change is contributing to inflating exalt prices. There is a huge gap now between chaos and exalts, and the issue is items that are being sold for ex's are being inflated because of it. Chaos > other currencies are remaining stable. So an item that used to sell for 1 ex used to be valued at 40-50 chaos. Now it's 70+ chaos, and not because the item is rarer, or there is more demand for it, it's purely because of the inflating price of exalts.

Lastly, the whole point of removing eternals was to prevent crafting perfect T1 items, wasn't it? So it seems this meta mod/scour interaction just gave players the ability to craft perfect T1 items again. So what was the point of removing eternals, then?

As an interesting side result, this should deflate the price of eternals.

Except you can't. You'd need T1 stats on an item already to even have a remote chance of crafting a GG item. 6 T1 still needs Eternals.
perfect t1 no, but its a pseudo-eternal in a sense that you cannot brick your 2T1 item anymore by exalting garbage. you exalt garbage, you scour and rinse/repeat

bricking mods when using exalts made exalting a risky investment. with eternals and pseudo-eternals theres no risk, just currency intake required.
I'm surprised it wasn't made public sooner, I'm sure more people than those mentioned know how it works.

Its perhaps not something you waste currency to test "on purpose" but for higher end crafting once you have invested that and get a bad exalt roll, you may then want to scour it and start over. I'm sure at least some people have done that in the last year (according to chris's post on reddit the mechanics were not changed in 2.0)
Last edited by Asmosis on Aug 21, 2015, 10:48:24 PM
This thread has been locked, as there is already an active thread discussing this topic here, and please check out the discussion in Chris' Development Manifesto post.
Need some help? Contact us at support@grindinggear.com

Queen of Padlocks
Last edited by Rachel on Aug 22, 2015, 7:24:39 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info