So now crafting secrets are revealed

This interaction should've been announced in the patch notes.

The fact that one guild managed to find this out when they have a GGG employee in their guild is incredibly suspicious

Won't be playing again if it's swept under the rug without a response.
"

Main developer already responed on reddit...

"
Lastly, the whole point of removing eternals was to prevent crafting perfect T1 items, wasn't it? So it seems this meta mod/scour interaction just gave players the ability to craft perfect T1 items again. So what was the point of removing eternals, then?

FailFish, please explain how you can get 6 t1 item using this method...

I hope GGG will not change anything.
"Is there such a thing as an absolute, timeless enemy? There is no such thing, and never has been. And the reason
is that our enemies are human beings like us. They can only be our enemies in relative terms."
Last edited by kamil1210 on Aug 20, 2015, 1:06:57 PM
"
RagnarokChu wrote:
"
jebroni wrote:
You do realize that you can only get 3 T1 mods this way right? People getting butthurt over this drama don't seem to realize you still need a big wealth pool to craft this way. If you only have 5 exalts, this revelation means nothing to you. You aren't going to get that gg 6 T1 item..

Oh my bad that you want 6 T1 items for the price worth of 1-2 weeks of casual farm.

._.

And here comes the realization that 5 exalts was an abitrary number. You won't get this with even 50ex. Or 100.
"
jebroni wrote:
"
RagnarokChu wrote:
"
jebroni wrote:
You do realize that you can only get 3 T1 mods this way right? People getting butthurt over this drama don't seem to realize you still need a big wealth pool to craft this way. If you only have 5 exalts, this revelation means nothing to you. You aren't going to get that gg 6 T1 item..

Oh my bad that you want 6 T1 items for the price worth of 1-2 weeks of casual farm.

._.

And here comes the realization that 5 exalts was an abitrary number. You won't get this with even 50ex. Or 100.

Where's the realization that saying this won't easily make 6 T1 mods is absurd to begin with and 3 T1 mods + either master modded or 3 T2 mods would allow you to faceroll the game beyond belief.

Hell just 3 T1 mods on a weapon would allow you to faceroll the game beyond belief.

6 T1 mod items cast many many multiple mirrors and the mirror fees of a single t6 item (your own mirror which is like 200 exalts) plus a extremely large mirror fee of 30+ exalts or higher. If you can self craft a 6 T1 mirror worthy item for 200 exalts that would be 100x cheaper then it cost before.

Even if you don't get a 6 T1 mirror worthy item (let's be honest here, we are being hyperbolic here) It would mean you can craft highly powerful top end rares yourself for a fraction it used to cost before. Now almost anyone can do crafting if they want too.

The sad part is people can only think of "gg mirror worthy items" as oppose to the massive boon of mid to higher end and near top end rares now cheaper in price and craftable. Take example a +3 staff which used to be a shit ton of exalts now somewhat affordable.
Last edited by RagnarokChu on Aug 20, 2015, 1:57:10 PM
"

Where's the realization that saying this won't easily make 6 T1 mods is absurd to begin with and 3 T1 mods + either master modded or 3 T2 mods would allow you to faceroll the game beyond belief.

Hell just 3 T1 mods on a weapon would allow you to faceroll the game beyond belief.

6 T1 mod items cast many many multiple mirrors and the mirror fees of a single t6 item (your own mirror which is like 200 exalts) plus a extremely large mirror fee of 30+ exalts or higher. If you can self craft a 6 T1 mirror worthy item for 200 exalts that would be 100x cheaper then it cost before.

Even if you don't get a 6 T1 mirror worthy item (let's be honest here, we are being hyperbolic here) It would mean you can craft highly powerful top end rares yourself for a fraction it used to cost before. Now almost anyone can do crafting if they want too.

The sad part is people can only think of "gg mirror worthy items" as oppose to the massive boon of mid to higher end and near top end rares now cheaper in price and craftable. Take example a +3 staff which used to be a shit ton of exalts now somewhat affordable.

First of all, you can faceroll even with t3 mods, but you have missed the point entirely. The drama isn't about the access to mid quality items, it's about people qqing about "man if only I knew I could've made my own 6 T1 item". If you actually read the shitfest going on at reddit some people actually think eternals are pointless now.
"
kamil1210 wrote:
"

Main developer already responed on reddit...

"
Lastly, the whole point of removing eternals was to prevent crafting perfect T1 items, wasn't it? So it seems this meta mod/scour interaction just gave players the ability to craft perfect T1 items again. So what was the point of removing eternals, then?

FailFish, please explain how you can get 6 t1 item using this method...

I hope GGG will not change anything.

developer answering on reddit instead of their own forum. Sounds legit. They really need to stop doing this bs and reply here, not everyone cares about reddit
I don´t really know what all the fuzz is about. Basically this is the Eternal-problem all over again but several degrees worse. Now here comes the oh-so-often defamed albeit way too true statement: the rich get richer! In essence nothing changed.

Like, you guys talk about how all those mid-tier items are easily craftable now but you completely negate that every attempt involving a meta-mod requires at least 2ex+the actual crafting cost. And while you make a good deal for +3 staffs by master-crafting those for 7ex (multimod + prefixmod + suffixmod + exalt for crafting), they are the exception because you can guarantee the result. But this aint true for a sword for example. Even if you want a decent endgame weapon it is cheaper to buy those for 10 or 15 ex or mastercraft them with elreon multimod, than using the pre-/suffix meta mods to their full potential. The real issue is that the meta mods cost the same as eternals costed before. Most players are in a position where buying an eternal for 2ex or using a metamod for 2ex is the same, they don´t deal with a large enough amount of currency to have even been affected by the higher rarity of eternals compared to exalts. The required investment for this crafting method is again way too high for the average player so they won´t use it to craft mediocre gear. And unlike eternal orbs, with meta-mods there is still the chance to completely fuck up your item if you don´t go all the way. So, it requires even MORE investment than the old crafting method.

Add to that the fact that Exalteds did not get a significantly buffed drop rate - at least not as far as we know. According to the SoE-podcast with Chris Wilson (<-- click for youtube video) GGG IS indeed ninja-nerfing and -buffing droprates, but judging by the current Warbands market and, as biased as it is, my own experience Exalteds do NOT drop significantly more often. What I am trying to say is that although the droprates appearantly did not increase, more Ex are consumed (at least 3 per attempt to roll a stat) thus increasing the price of Exalteds thus reducing the incentive for the average player to actually use Exalteds for crafting thus creating the same situation as before where Exalting without using an Eternal before was basically a waste of currency.

So there you have it, the only people that can reasonably utilize this crafting method are the ones who already were utilizing the crafting method that was "not working as intended" as GGG was stating in regards to Eternals. Now if Exalteds were as common as, let´s say, GCPs or Regals or if the meta-mods would cost 5 Chaos we would have a situation in which the average Joe could actually try to craft stuff but as of now... nothing changed. Absolutely nothing.

So what´s all the fuzz about?

regards
Hold on to yer shite load o´ bloody barnacles on me arse-cockles, me hearty!

IGN: Trapsdrubel
Last edited by Azdrubel on Aug 20, 2015, 2:49:21 PM
"
RagnarokChu wrote:
"
respwnd wrote:
I think the impact will be much less than all the excitement. It gives a few builds cheaper access to good but not BIS gear.
There may be some balance issues regarding new leagues, but otherwise I don't see it being a game changer in any real way.

I got in on it to upgrade my +2 fire staff to a +3 for my SRS (or would have if I had remembered that I don't have Vagan max'd), so I don't see how that's going to change anything for anyone.

There may also be a short lived economic impact in the temp league.

You don't see it as a game changer but they made 72 mirrors off this.

Dafaq.

they made 72 mirrors because only a few people knew about it and they were able to corner the market. The cat's out of the bag now. Anyone with the currency can now do this.

With that said, I don't know what a couple of people owning basically all the mirrors on the server will do to temp league economy or standard when the temp ends. I've played since beta and have yet to see a mirror.
With the cost of an exalt where it's at - and rising - it looks like it will eventually cost as much as eternal crafting used to. Especially with the knowledge now widespread =]
Every Saturday = National Booze n Poe Day
Okay, I seriously lost it at the "RENAME YOUR ITEM WITH CHAOS" part.
But c'mon, did people seriously not know about this? It was sort of obvious, now that Eternal are gone and all, hopefully forever aswell, now we just need Mirror removed, so GGG might finally up droprates and not have some stupid excuse against it.
Participated in the working of the Dyadus Avatar of Fire Templar:
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/896505

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info