[2.6] TheBockwursts Disfavour 2H CYCLONE STEAMROLLER - 7kHP / 165k incrAoE DPS / NO BLOODMAGIC

I have a couple of comments based on how I play Cyclone, curious about your method.

1. Is elemental damage really worth it? Using Auras/not BM opens you up to issues with Ele reflect and blood magic maps. I'm curious what's your effective damage/clear speed without them? Maybe they make up for damage if you've got not-so-great gear, but when you're rolling with 6L atziri's and kaom's etc I don't feel the damage is really needed, personally.

2. Have you tried Fortify over LGOH? I find that with my life pool, regen, and leech I do not need LGOH at all. Fortify reduces the damage I take to such a high degree it's insane. I have max chaos res as well (double mings + devoto helm) so aside from Corrupted Blood which drains my hp quickly and forces a staunching flask, I very rarely take any noticeable damage (and yes that includes higher maps, with brutal dmg mods like -max res, extra damage as elemental etc)
LGOH is useful for reflect maps but in that case I'd drop added fire for LGOH and use both so I can faceroll.

edit: obviously you can fortify on leap slam but that requires maintenance to keep up, or you have to stop so you can refresh it, while having it on Cyc gives it 100% uptime with no management

3. Warlord's Reach and +2 range from a Daresso's Salute is actually very substantial. I don't remember the exact numbers, but when you add the +1 from warlord's on top of daressos and master of the arena and all that, it's something like +16% increased radius...just for the +1. that is pretty huge, its almost like adding another inc aoe with warlord+daresso. personally i can't play without them, the range is very noticeable.

that's all i can think of, keep up the good spin brotha!
Last edited by alexvsevil on Dec 25, 2015, 11:08:47 PM
@DunkMaster: Glad to hear you're enjoying it!

@alexvsevil: Hey man, thanks for your extensive feedback! :) Regarding your thoughts:

1.) Elemental damage is a rather big part of my dps, the Hatred and HoA boost is for me personally too good to pass up. Plus HoA helps a lot to clear packs and strugglers due to the burning damage.

2.) That's a pretty good point. There are basically two ways you can go about this:
- Fortify: Reduce incoming damage from the start but have lower leech capability than LGoH
- LGoH: Higher incoming damage than w/ Fortify but way higher leech capability
I think it's basically a matter of taste or which of the concepts (mitigation vs. leech) you trust more. I personally found the approach with Fortify on Leap Slam and LGoH the most desirable as it for me combines the both. Sure, you have to keep Fortify up but for me it's not that much of a problem as I'm using Leap Slam rather frequently to directly jump into packs. But YMMV. :)

3.) I basically went without Daresso's because I need a high leech ammy to sustain my cyclone. For BM Daresso's Salute would really be a viable option. Currently I am working on the next levels and on the next jewel slot so that in the future I'll be able to equip Warlord's reach as well.

Have you tried dropping LGOH for WED? I'm doing this atm and having great results. 90k dps with just auras and increased aoe. Rolled life leech on my gloves and a ring, over 2% phys leech with blood rage. With so much natural regen from having 10k hp and 6 endurance charges I really don't even feel the lack of lgoh.
Last edited by DunkMaster on Dec 27, 2015, 9:21:24 AM
you should add that without legacy kaom the facetanking of all those high tier bosses will be much much harder if not downright undoable. so yeah get the facts right this build is just some huge bling bling xzibit pimp my guide shit, no average bob will be able to acquire a 6l disfavour nor a leg kaoms in temp leagues, legacy kaom being hard to get in perm leagues too. if u have those items already cuz u play since poe began and have legacy kaoms, good for you, but for average bobs never ever doable. waste of time to make a guide. this is some elitist 1% upper high class poe society shit. idgaf if u reply to my rant or not. time to go spend real $$$ on third party sites to get my digital boner erect and stiff.

[Removed by support]
Last edited by Eben_GGG on Jan 21, 2016, 2:00:03 AM
"
Baking_Bread wrote:
you should add that without legacy kaom the facetanking of all those high tier bosses will be much much harder if not downright undoable. so yeah get the facts right this build is just some huge bling bling xzibit pimp my guide shit, no average bob will be able to acquire a 6l disfavour nor a leg kaoms in temp leagues, legacy kaom being hard to get in perm leagues too. if u have those items already cuz u play since poe began and have legacy kaoms, good for you, but for average bobs never ever doable. waste of time to make a guide. this is some elitist 1% upper high class poe society shit. idgaf if u reply to my rant or not. time to go spend real $$$ on third party sites to get my digital boner erect and stiff.

[Removed by support]

That isn't really true. I have a non-leg kaom's and i have 9163 life. I do get more life in the tree than the OP, but it isn't that hard. And I still have about the same dps. About 6l disfavour, well, this is a fucking 2h cyclone build, I'm pretty sure atziri's disfavour isn't the only weapon out there.

There is nothing upper class 1% about this build. I mean, there's nothing wrong with using stuff like legacy kaom's to max out the build. It isn't really representative of what the average requirements are. Replace the chest with a 500 life kaoms and use a 5l disfavour, or some other axe, and you have a build that performs just as well with a fraction of the cost. Sure, if top-end standard gear was needed to make the build work, that would be a problem, but they aren't.

So simply said, I just don't see what all the fuss is about.
For try, for see, and for know.

This is a buff
Last edited by Eben_GGG on Jan 21, 2016, 2:00:17 AM
"
Etherfire wrote:
That isn't really true. I have a non-leg kaom's and i have 9163 life. I do get more life in the tree than the OP, but it isn't that hard. And I still have about the same dps. About 6l disfavour, well, this is a fucking 2h cyclone build, I'm pretty sure atziri's disfavour isn't the only weapon out there.

There is nothing upper class 1% about this build. I mean, there's nothing wrong with using stuff like legacy kaom's to max out the build. It isn't really representative of what the average requirements are. Replace the chest with a 500 life kaoms and use a 5l disfavour, or some other axe, and you have a build that performs just as well with a fraction of the cost. Sure, if top-end standard gear was needed to make the build work, that would be a problem, but they aren't.

So simply said, I just don't see what all the fuss is about.

Couldn't have said it better myself, absolutely agree with you.
Hey Abyss, was wondering if you're going to update the build with the new Ascendancy Patch.
I really enjoyed this build I am thinking of getting another axe to regear mine. I didnt use koams I used belly and I could farm t11-13's easy. thumbs up on this for sure!
"
Popkorps wrote:
Hey Abyss, was wondering if you're going to update the build with the new Ascendancy Patch.

There will definitely be an update & updated vids for this build, though there might be some major changes to the gear. Stay tuned! :)
Any idea if this is recommendable for starting in a fresh HC league?

Any alternatives before u get Disfavour in a fresh league?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info