[2.6] TheBockwursts Disfavour 2H CYCLONE STEAMROLLER - 7kHP / 165k incrAoE DPS / NO BLOODMAGIC

Welcome to my short guide for my 2H CYCLONE STEAMROLLER. This build combines decent offense and superb defences which lets you clear endgame content fast and safe! Cyclone is - just like Flicker Strike - a perfect synergy of movement and DPS. While we dish out some nice DPS we still maintain our movement and therefore clear much faster than comparable melee skills.

+ High clear speed, decent DPS
+ High eHP pool, extremely tanky
+ Simple yet engaging play style

- Not exactly cheap

With 7k HP and decent defences thanks to a legacy Lightning Coil, 5 Endurance Charges, Fortify, ~45% phys reduction and 60 life gain on hit this build is extremely tanky. With Cyclone as your main attack skill it is pretty straight forward yet exciting to play - you basically just leap right into every pack, start attacking and tear everything to shreds. For overwhelming single target DPS we bring along a full 6L for the new melee skill Earthquake! Due to the recent melee skill mana requirement changes we are able to easily run this build off mana - there is no more need for gimping your DPS by using Blood Magic! So let's get this party started...

Cyclone w/ Increased AoE, Atziris Promise and Taste of Hate (165k DPS)

Earthquake w/ Bloodlust, Conc Effect, Reduced Duration, Atziris Promis and Taste of Hate (168k DPS before Bloodlust)

Atziris Disfavour is the main piece of this particular build. The +2 Weapon Range helps massively with our AoE while the bleeding effect along with your HoA takes care of any remaining low hp mobs.

Feel free to switch the legacy Lightning Coil for a non-legacy LC, a Kaom's Heart or whatever chest you like. At the moment we're at 7k HP, with a nonleg Kaoms at around 8.5k so you also could pull this off on a semi-budget. On gear we're looking for flat phys wherever possible, lots of life, resistances and a bit of mana leech to be able to sustain Cyclone.

Spin to win! This is our main AoE skill. Cyclone linked with Faster Attacks, Increased AoE, Added Fire Damage, Melee Physical Damage and Life gain on hit can achieve really decent damage figures while still retaining that extra bit of survivability due to the LGoH gem.

Smash that shit - This 6L is our main single target skill. Earthquake linked to Concentrated Effect, Melee Physical Damage, Added Fire Damage, Reduced Duration and Bloodlust gives us a massive tool to cut down bosses and tough single targets. Bloodlust is a perfect addition to this setup as we are easily able to alternate between Cyclone to achieve the needed bleed stack.

Rage 'n Jump - This 4L is our main movement skill Leap Slam, which is linked to Faster Attacks to enhance our mobility and to Fortify to give us the Fortify Buff. Blood Rage is used to generate Frenzy Charges and achieve a good amount of physical Leech.

Auras & Buffs - Here we have our two main DPS buffs - Hatred and Herald of Ash. Herald of Ash helps with killing remaining low HP mobs and therefore is a nice clear speed boost. Enduring Cry let's us stack those precious Endurance Charges which make us even tankier.

The backup plan - This is just your standard CWDT setup. CWDT linked with Immortal Call and Increased duration provides 4ish seconds of full physical immunity. Summon Chaos Golem helps us with keeping up that little golem.

Resolute Technique to get that consistent damage output we are looking for. +220% life for those nice HP, Amplify and Master of the Arena for some more AoE/Range. Stack some regen to be able to sustain Blood Rage. Feel free to add a Warlord's Reach jewel to extend your range even further. No Unwavering as we a.) use Cyclone anyway and b.) have a ton of life. Since 2.1 we no longer need any Mana nodes as the leech + Mana gain on hit are entirely enough to feed this build. For good measure we also picked up the Bloodletting cluster for some more damage against tough single targets.

www.poeurl.com/bg8a

On Normal and Cruel kill all three bandits, those additional skill points are worth more. On Merciless you can decide between offense (Frenzy Charge) or more defences (Endurance Charge).

Our Ascendancy Class if of course the Berserker. As this build already is really tanky we utilize the "High risk, high reward" motto of the Berserker Class to maximize our DPS and clear speed. We pick up Crave the Slaughter and Aspects of Carnage for some absolutely massive DPS gains. For the last two points I took Pain Reaver to push my leech in mobs even further.

T13 Waterways Vulnerability/EleWeakness
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xh64C8Z9218

Atziri
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hTBrwbQbrPM
Last edited by Abyssopelagic on Apr 18, 2017, 8:33:01 AM
Last bumped on Jul 2, 2017, 10:48:22 PM
Updated this writeup a bit, got some more life (9.2k now, going for 10k) and added some videos like a nice 79 Shipyard Fracture vid.. check it out: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EM5XIZ38o4c
What gloves are you wearing and what gems?

Also I have a 5L coil but not sure what I should rock for gems since all my cyclone links are in my Disfavour 6L. Wondering if I should just get a non-leg kaom's heart (I'm in Warbands).

Thanks for the guide. I wanted to build a cycloner for mapping/grouping since no one wants anything to do with my mjolner :(
"
Also I have a 5L coil but not sure what I should rock for gems since all my cyclone links are in my Disfavour 6L. Wondering if I should just get a non-leg kaom's heart (I'm in Warbands)

Just added the gloves, running a cwdt setup w/ enfeeble on those. On a 5L you could for example try Heavy Strike for some sweet single target DPS or maybe Vaal Cyclone w/ Incr AoE, Incr Dur, MPD and LGoH?
I like your build but how do you manage the mana consumption of cyclone? My cyclone as it currently is costs 65 mana, while my mana pool is only 158. I can't chug potions fast enough to keep up with it. I don't kno w if I missed something that allows cyclone to use less mana or regen faster?
"
I like your build but how do you manage the mana consumption of cyclone? My cyclone as it currently is costs 65 mana, while my mana pool is only 158. I can't chug potions fast enough to keep up with it. I don't kno w if I missed something that allows cyclone to use less mana or regen faster?

He's amy got mana leech so i guess he can ww easly.
post an offensive stat page with only auras up, one with conc one without, thats what most people will og off for mapping and boss fights
"

A high mana leech Amulet plus Unrelenting Cluster & Mana Flows makes it pretty easy to sustain. I also added a jewel with +2 Mana gained on hit, which makes it even better when mowing through mobs. One thing this build cannot do atm (opposing to BM builds) is fast small stutter steps around single targets, you'll have to do a bit longer runs for the leech to keep up.

"
DutchRudder wrote:
post an offensive stat page with only auras up, one with conc one without, thats what most people will og off for mapping and boss fights

Only auras up are about ~35k, Blood Rage up ~39k, both with incrAoE. I don't run Conc Effect as I favor the AoE over DPS. For bosses your defences (high HP pool, Endurange Charges, Fortify, LGoH) enable you to tank a lot of shit, even those regular oneshots aren't that scary anymore, but of course you still might want to avoid/dodge those whenever possible.
can you post screen with amount of life when using normal Kaom.

Legacy kaom is not really something you find around easly those days.
Forum pvp
"
lolozori wrote:
can you post screen with amount of life when using normal Kaom.

Legacy kaom is not really something you find around easly those days.

Can't calculate it yourself?

+200% life in tree.

500*3=1500

If he has 9.4k now, He would have 7.9k with nonlegacy kaom's.
Maybe a bit less, depending on his jewels.
3.5 build: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2299519

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info