Mathil's HyaonClone - Full Lightning Cyclone, cheap super clearspeed

"
zoinkjr wrote:
just out of curiosity, does arctic amour actually benefit this build? From the tooltip it looks like the damage reduction to phys and fire is only applied while the character is stationary. using cyclone would put you in motion, as seen by the ice trail you leave behind. If you're just using it for the chill then why not swap it out for herald of ice which would chill on hit and give a damage boost as well. Or maybe I'm misunderstanding.

"
lordkris82 wrote:
"
Detroilen wrote:
Working great on a Templar I re-specced. But I had to check out your youtube channel to see the updates for gear. I am glad I did the research otherwise I would be using the wrong gear and wasted precious currency. So update your thread as it will help people optimize just as you did! Thanks again for the build it is awesome.

What got changed?

he's using soul taker instead of a shield now
life on hit instead of blood magic since swapping to ST
carcass jack instead of bronn's lithe.

oh well, tnx for the info. will try to get the soul taker before the league ends. curious how it all works out on my part. so far doin ok at lvl 72. the only downside-problem that I have is I must pot all the time. if ST fixes this it will be great. right now playing without LGOH tho..
"
zoinkjr wrote:
just out of curiosity, does arctic amour actually benefit this build? From the tooltip it looks like the damage reduction to phys and fire is only applied while the character is stationary. using cyclone would put you in motion, as seen by the ice trail you leave behind. If you're just using it for the chill then why not swap it out for herald of ice which would chill on hit and give a damage boost as well. Or maybe I'm misunderstanding.

A level 20 HoI gives 38–56 cold damage to attacks. With tree and charges this is about ~200 cold damage per hit before resistance?

Since you don't penetrate cold damage at all you would barely chill any mobs in higher maps especially bosses which are the only foes you really want to be chilled.

AA provides the ability to perma chill nearly every mob with 100% chance.
"Temporal Chains multiplies the duration on the monster that you are already multiplying through duration multipliers of poison damage."
- Inception by Kripp, 2017
I think I've found how to nulify biggest downside of this build with small amount of currency. My tooltip dps with hyaon's and soul taker is 46k with 8 frenzy charges and with new weapon bought yesterday from poe.xyz ( 3 chaos cost ) it is 42k ... and I lost 24 % inc damage taken :). The damage lost is big too but compared to reduced damage taken it's not that bad, especialy when it comes to run 80+ maps. I know that weapon I have is not best on poe.xyz so mby it can even be equal ? Hard to explain why hyaon's inc. lightning dmg per frenzy is not increasing it as much as I think it should ...

plus it's a foil with 7 weapon range, or better life leech from claw.
Torment IGN: BorsukMiodowy

' It’s impossible to fail, as long as you never quit '
Last edited by RoickiD on Sep 10, 2015, 4:40:34 AM
you should craft _2 melee wepaon range on a foil and use it in OffHand
SHOP : http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/682434
What are your guys' thoughts on keeping cyclone at level 1 since you are focusing on the Lightning damage, at least if you don't have a strong mana supply? Do you think you would lose too much?
"
RoickiD wrote:
I think I've found how to nulify biggest downside of this build with small amount of currency. My tooltip dps with hyaon's and soul taker is 46k with 8 frenzy charges and with new weapon bought yesterday from poe.xyz ( 3 chaos cost ) it is 42k ... and I lost 24 % inc damage taken :). The damage lost is big too but compared to reduced damage taken it's not that bad, especialy when it comes to run 80+ maps. I know that weapon I have is not best on poe.xyz so mby it can even be equal ? Hard to explain why hyaon's inc. lightning dmg per frenzy is not increasing it as much as I think it should ...

plus it's a foil with 7 weapon range, or better life leech from claw.

46k? It's huge! Could you link your stuff/tree please? :)

Last edited by RoickiD on Sep 13, 2015, 8:14:59 AM
Another weapon upgrade, adding 1k dps, don't even know how much better it can be ...

If we have LIGHT DMG, ATTACK SPEED, +2 WEAP RANGE is it possible to roll WED there ?

This build focus on lightning damage-only, so that lightning penetration from gem and conductivity curse (-81% lightning res) will make it hurt so much
Your dps look the same, but 3/10 of this is cold damage, so the real dps is about 2/3 dps with hyaon's fury. Of course you can use high ele rapier for more weapon range and avoid 24% increased damage taken from Hyaon's fury
For your question, if your weapon have lightning damage, attack speed, weapon range, you can roll wead in there
Last edited by apocalypse1860 on Sep 17, 2015, 7:33:48 PM
You have right with cold damage boost, but it's not that much as you write. It's 10k lightning damage and 700 cold so it's not 3/10 but 1/14. And ofc like I said dps is lower by 10% but 24% and even 27% with + frenzy from Darkray Vectors unique boots make this build unplayable in higher level maps.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info