Let us talk about the +3 trick

And here I thought I was special for finding and 6Ling my own +3 bow. Not a big deal I suppose, but it's a little disheartening to know I could've made a more ideal craft.

It's kind of amazing that this has slipped under everyone's radar for so long though, especially with SRS being so consistently popular.

e:typo
IGN: Smegmazoid
Long live the new Flesh
Last edited by JahIthBer89 on Aug 19, 2015, 10:56:20 AM
The only anoying part of this, is prices for exalts jumped 4c in a day. After being very stable for 2 weeks on tempest...

everybody and their mum trying to do these crafts... well played OP, first you sell em. Then you offer mirror service for other items and devalue the original once you sit on all the wealth. Brilliant! :)
"
Only one person managed to find a use for it and got 72 mirrors out of it.

tbh this was possible only through the funding (accelerated because they could get Level 8 Masters fast, and currency, from what they were doing). Good way to multiply the currency that you have already, and at a quicker pace since they had the ability to grab all the white 6L or obtain that level of currency.

Also, I'm sure more people knew about it. Hue.
Fake Temp League Elitists LUL
Last edited by _Saranghaeyo_ on Aug 19, 2015, 11:37:28 AM
"
TheScalpel wrote:
The only anoying part of this, is prices for exalts jumped 4c in a day. After being very stable for 2 weeks on tempest...

everybody and their mum trying to do these crafts... well played OP, first you sell em. Then you offer mirror service for other items and devalue the original once you sit on all the wealth. Brilliant! :)

lol you think that's bad?hehe, warband with 70+ c per ex says hi (although with this revelation expect it to spike even higher)
Stabilized at 70 atm well I think.
Dys an sohm
Rohs an kyn
Sahl djahs afah
Mah morn narr
I see no issue here , as many have said it was always there . people simply did not notice it..
So there is nothing to fix. because the only problem was player ignorance.

now people are no longer ignorant, the price for these two items will crash and life will go on. honestly there is no point in getting so worked up over one particular player or group of players making an obscene amount of wealth off of an exploit if we can even call it that since the only thing exploited was player ignorance ....

it all gets flushed to standard eventually , and the next league will be better for it.
Frankly i am thankful to these fellas for showing this combo off , because i might actually bother with the blatantly unnecessary +3 staff. seriously people you dont need a + 3 staff or + 1 staff srs was proven to be way too powerful for something as trivial as +3 level to really be enabling.

you already could do uber and you will still get one shot by 82 malachai . so what really changed?

so relax . because it is all pointless. warbands already had its winners and losers set in stone several weeks ago.

such is how this game works. play it , enjoy it. get what you can out of it ... stay till you are bored and leave when you are.
Last edited by Saltychipmunk on Aug 19, 2015, 12:13:21 PM
actual crafting in-game and people want it removed... seriously

I mean, a fuckton of alterations until you hit the +2 alone, 4 ex, 1 scour 5 blesseds for crafting... with multiple masters on lvl 8.
dont see any problem here. Its even just really useful for SRS and Poison arrow. For others you'll be praying for great exalt luck or get something mediocre.
Oblivious
Last edited by Disrupted on Aug 19, 2015, 12:43:16 PM
"
Teplokot wrote:
Make 100 +3 bows/staffs

Sell 50 for 20ex each

Reveal the method and wait for it to get nerfed

Sell the rest 50 for 40ex each

hehehe that's the grand plan.
IGN: Kills_La_Killz (Standard)
IGN: UnlimitedBladeWork (Warband)
"
Teplokot wrote:
Make 100 +3 bows/staffs

Sell 50 for 20ex each

Reveal the method and wait for it to get nerfed

Sell the rest 50 for 40ex each

Also prepared for this scenario?

Poison Arrow nerfed to oblivion (or scaling from physical damage only, like it happened to Viperstrike and +3 weapons, though that was always niche), all +3 bows are worthless.
3.5 build: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2299519
Last edited by Peterlerock on Aug 19, 2015, 1:36:37 PM
If anything, I wish there were more recipes such as this one. I just crafted a +3 Staff and I can't say it was exactly cheap.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info