[2.2] Juggernaut 2.4 gazillion DPS Mjolner Aegis immortal build

Hey everyone. I'm going to share the build I've been playing since 1.2. My goal was to build the tankiest character possible while still doing decent damage. In 1.2 it was fairly easy to do this, in 1.3 I had to sacrifice a lot of damage to maintain max block but now that jewels were added to the game this build is better than ever. It won't do as much damage as rainbownuke because I use double arc but the build is a lot tankier.

If you have any questions please ask me in-game because I don't pay much attention to the forum. IGN: Lurker

Disclaimer: this build is very expensive, requires legacy items and other very specific gear. No mirrored items though.

At level 100 this char has:
- 4.5k life and 2.8k ES
- 44k armour and 85% physical damage reduction with a chaos golem
- 75% block chance and 56% spell block
- 1761 ES recovered on block
- resists are overcapped by 50% so you can easily do elemental weakness maps or curse yourself against atziri
- reduced critical damage taken
- 333 life regen/second. Enough to sustain blood rage if you choose to use it.

The damage on Lightning Strike is calculated using the following formula: 6.9 APS * 12 projectiles * 2 hits. Each hit procs one arc that hits 8 times and does 1796 average damage. The total theoretical damage for Arc is 2,379,341 in perfect conditions, when hitting the maximum number of mobs. I'm using faster attacks on my main skill instead of chain for FPS reasons. Chain would give way more damage.

What's new in the 2.2 version

The main thing is specializing into juggernaut. I did it mostly for Unbreakable, which doubles your chest's armour. The build used to have about 25k armour with a pure armour chest and now it has 44k armour with a hybrid arm/es chest. The chest, by itself, gives 26.3k armour. The other ascendancy nodes are nice bonuses as well.

Like I said before, I switched to a hybrid chest. I simply had too much armour and needed more ES to gain the full benefit from aegis.

Vinktar with lightning pen replaced one of my defensive flasks. Vinktar is both a great defensive and offensive flask at the same time.

The tree is pretty much the same. I took an extra jewel and sacrificed some shield defense nodes. Extra armour and ES just wasn't needed anymore.

Replaced molten strike with cyclone as my single target skill. The damage is worse but it clears the lab faster.

The build is laggier than before and the game is laggier than before.

Old screenshots that don't apply anymore

Lightning strike with charges

Arc

Defenses

Passive tree at level 100
https://www.pathofexile.com/fullscreen-passive-skill-tree/AAAABAEBAQHcBLMFLQY5CTMLYQxfDPcUIBT2FSAWuxjXGbQaOBo-G5cbrR7fLOktgy5TL8wyCTWSPC09Dz3iPfxAoEbXR35I7krITUZPVlBHUWBTpVWpVylYY1nzXz9i7GVNZlRmnmebaFho8moBbEZuqm87cYVyD3Jscql07XfjeA14rnk5eWh673vDfNl9c37iguSDX4TZhO-GO4azidiKr4x2jM-QEZBVlG-XtKIAqW6playqrK-uPq9sr6exs7M_tfK3Mb02vqe-vMAawGbAv8EEwYLE9sauxtjLHtE20jjTb9N-15bYvdrB4izkUe8O73rwH_MG8432SPaj9zL3ufuq

This is a non-crit build that takes as many jewel sockets as possible, which grant most of the damage. The shield defenses nodes give me the bulk of my ES and armour and I went out of my way to get some of them. At 390% increased shield defenses, my Aegis with 121 flat ES increases my total ES pool by 729 ES and my armour by 5.7k. I also tried to take enough block nodes to cap this stat and that meant going into the ranger area instead of the witch. This is a bit counter-intuitive but I managed to get enough intelligence, for Mjolner, from my gear.

Current gear

Legacy Mjolner. This is a perfectly rolled one but the roll doesn't really matter. Not even the lightning damage roll, which only affects the attack damage and not the spells which do the bulk of the damage.

Legacy Aegis. The WED doesn't matter either but it's important to have a legacy one for the extra ES on block.

Helm with a lot of armour, resists and intelligence. The build needs a lot of int on gear because it gets very little from the tree. This helm is self-found.

An unremarkable chest.

Gloves have high intelligence and life. The accuracy stat is wasted on this build but I'll take what I can get. It was surprisingly difficult to find Ar/ES gloves with life, int and a free suffix for extra block chance. I guess people vendor them. Attack speed would have been perfect instead of accuracy.

Lightning Doryani with perfect light damage and armour.

Legacy Rainbowstrides with +1 frenzy charges, high ES and maximum spell block. The +1 frenzy charge is nice but not really needed. The spell block adds a lot of survivability with Aegis and the boots are BIS for this build.

Stone of Lazhwar with 50% spell block and an additional 4% block chance. This brings my total block to 75/56 which means I can AFK in high maps and not die. Also very useful for killing that annoying boss in the Wakawaka map. Just hold down a button and play something on your phone for 5 minutes while your character chases it.

Rings with life, int, attack speed, resists and crafted armour. Gotta get as much armour as possible.

There are 2 things in the game that can kill this char: reflect against immortal mobs and corrupting blood. This flask makes you immune to both of those. Reflect isn't much of a problem lately but it's still useful to have a topaz. I used to use a Perpetual Topaz Flask of Staunching but Vinktar gives extra damage so it's better.

This build uses some pretty weird jewels that people tend to vendor. Attack speed, spell damage, shield block, armour %, ES %, etc. Some of these aren't perfect but they were the best I could find.

Gem Setup

Chest: Lightning Strike - blood magic - life gain on hit - GMP - multistrike - chain/faster attacks

This is the main AoE skill. Lightning strike can be level 1 to reduce the life cost and it needs to have 0 quality so that it will chain. You can use either chain or faster attacks, whichever one you prefer. Chain does more damage but it's laggier. If you use faster attacks you can also quickly swap LS for molten strike against bosses.

Gloves: Molten strike - GMP - multistrike - blood magic

This is the best choice for single target damage. It does more damage than LS even in a 4L but you need to get closer to the mobs. The MS gem can be level 1, which keeps the life cost down.

I switched to cyclone - blood magic - increased aoe - faster attacks because it lets me run the labyrinth faster.

Weapon: arc - arc - lightning penetration

Level 21 arc does about 35% more damage than level 20 because it has 1 extra chaining.

Helm: Reckoning - vengeance - riposte - life gain on hit

It wouldn't be an AFK build if you couldn't kill the mobs that attack you while you're AFK.

Boots: Determination; Discipline; Summon Chaos Golem; Blood Rage

I used to use purity of lightning to deal with reflect and then got herald of thunder for more DPS but now I'm using Discipline for the extra ES, which adds tons of damage mitigation. The chaos golem adds 4% extra physical damage reduction. Blood rage gives you a lot of extra damage but you lose 2.8k of your HP pool because your ES will be at 0 most of the time as well as your regen. Up to you if you want to use it.

Shield: Smoke Mine; Leap Slam; Conductivity

Smoke mine is for teleporting away from strongboxes. Ice nova and poison clouds can do a lot of damage in high maps. It's good to run away from them.

Bandits

Oak - Kraytin - passive

Downsides

- can't do elemental reflect maps
- single target damage is not that great
- Lightning strike gets blocked by random crap on the ground
- laggy

FAQ: I'll update this section over time.

Q: Can it do Atziri and Uber Atziri?
A: Yes and maybe. I never tried uber but I'd probably fail because I suck at this fight. Someone else could probably do it.

Q: Can I use discharge?
A: Yes but it will lower your defenses and fry your GPU.

If you have any questions or suggestions please post them in this thread. I also need help naming the build.
IGN: Lurker
Last edited by Lurker88 on Mar 14, 2016, 3:05:59 PM
Last bumped on Mar 14, 2016, 3:03:45 PM
are you aware of the fact that you can't shotgun anymore...
"
tolgadepot wrote:
are you aware of the fact that you can't shotgun anymore...

LS never shotgunned. The AoE damage calculated is against multiple enemies. Molten Strike, on the other hand, does still shotgun because the projectiles don't hit, they explode. From experience, MS does more damage than LS against packs but it's impossible to calculate it. LS also has more clear speed because of its range and delayed effect. You can launch a few lightning strikes at far away enemies and when you're running towards the pack you're autocasting arcs while LS bounces between mobs.
Random question you'll probably get asked several times in the future: what about a non legacy Mjölner?
"
Ark20 wrote:
Random question you'll probably get asked several times in the future: what about a non legacy Mjölner?

That works too but it will do 40% less damage. It doesn't affect the build in any other way.
Im at 85 lvl now and the Build work´s great with non Legacy Gear. Makes a lot of Fun. Thanks for that nice Guide. Maybe you add some Gameplay Videos ;-)
I am brewing a kingsguard version of this build, I will let you know how it goes. May also try swapping out aegis for rathpith.
"
dagoncrowgg wrote:
I am brewing a kingsguard version of this build, I will let you know how it goes. May also try swapping out aegis for rathpith.

Please do. I'd like to hear what you think.
I done a similar build some days ago.
Mine one was ispared by the builds that I saw before this.
One is this https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1318464. I like this build for the sustain and the DPS but when I tried it, I felt like I had to be more tanky.
Then I accidentaly found this guy https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/781590.
His build is crazy. He just facetanks all like nothing. But his DPS wasn't exactly what I like.
So I tought: "What if I try to fuse both builds??"
And guys... IT'S AWSOME!
Actually I've not reach high lvl (im just 90) but the difference from when I tried the 1st build and then I mixed it is huge.
To start I want to say that my gear is a lot expansive (around 230+Exa gear, depending on rolls and ofc if you can find some offer, mine are all high rolled)
Also I want to add that for some bosses legacy saffel works much better (just to make an example Merveil in Necropolis)
Anyway here is my Gear:
Spoiler

Actually im using this boots
thill I craft a better ring to cap resistences, but you can suffer a bit spells without rainbowstrides.

My hp at my lvl is 5,1k + 1,6 ES 13k armor (61%phys reduc) without fortify or flasks.
I didn't calculate my DPS but I secure you it's istaclear all white/blue mobs.

I also got some other shit if I want to swap
Spoiler
Last edited by 1ForMe1ForRoCK on Sep 21, 2015, 7:13:04 AM
Thanks for this build bloke. I'm at level 80 on an old respecced build and been using non-legacy gear n goin great guns. Since I'm a bit of a pauper in this game getting the INT up off gear was very 'interesting' and led to all sorts of compromises but even so when I 1st tried an unpolished verion at about lvl68 I face tanked dominus in merciless no worries. Way to go.
Much better than I expected and completely different to what I usually come up with which hammers the bejesus outta single targets n gets crueled in mobs. Great fun thx again.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info