PoEPricer - Know which rares to sell (Updated 1.01)

"
HuntBurton wrote:
Seems like a nice and useful tool. Thx.

Could you maybe host the download elesewhere? I have no interest in MegaSync... :-)

You don't need MegaSync, and you don't have to download their junkware.

Use the download through browser option.

Very cool and it has helped me keep a few items I would have tossed otherwise.

Making all kinds of gains.
Gonna look like a dick after this comment but ...

I see a huge problem with tool like this :

"Its useless for new players"

Why ?

Because you NEED to already know whats interesting to specify it in a filter. New players dont know. And strikes again problem of certain build specitlfic items like PA/IC/Reave/Split arrow/LL etc.

Im sure NOONE of top sellers will be willing to create such a filter for newbies. Its lose-win situation.

Sayin that 3 res life gear is nice is not hard, but sayin that certain jewelery is nice and worth few ex - its art.

IGN: PojzonAbyss
[3.2] Immortal Indigon Poet's Pen Hirophant - https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2129766
[3.1] Yamata No Orochi - Oni-Goroshi Jugg http://poeurl.com/bHB9
[2.4] The True Queen Of The Forest - Poison LA/BR Pathfinder http://poeurl.com/M6u [Retired]
Last edited by eragon1111 on Aug 23, 2015, 4:19:55 AM
I'm not using it now but this is a big THANK for your work. I'll try it when i come home. Great spirit!
My IGN: ExaltedPetyrBaelish.
Update

I've taken good use on my free time and improoved the tool by quite a bit.

- Tool is now aware of affixes on an item (Sadly no jewels yet tough)
You can go HasAffix "Merciless" to test if item is guaranteed to have that affix.
CouldHaveAffix "Merciless" to test whether it is possible that the item might have the affix.
Additionally you can use MinPrefixes, MaxPrefixes, MinSuffixes, MaxSuffixes for the minimum/maximum count of prefixes/suffixes.
Why do we need HasAffix and CouldHaveAffix as well as a minimum and maximum?
Consider a rare with 15% Spelldamage, +15 mana. It could either be the "Wizard's" Prefix or both "Aprrentice's" and "Beryl".
Most of the time only one solution is possible, but not always.
If it is possible to find only one correct solution, the program is guaranteed to only present that one.

- Vastly improoved the default.filter. It should now be much more helpful in detecting good stuff without any work on your part setting sth. up.

- Added a new function GetMaximum (e.g. (1 GetMaximum 2) would return 2 - usefull, because e.g. on a staff with %Colddamage and %Firedamage you might want to only look at the higher value of both.)

- You can now disable the automatic doubleclick on parsed items, so you can go through your old stash without placing stuff in your inventory. Check out options menu where the filter-selection is.

- You can set the program to launch PoE when it is started. This way you dont have to start them both seperately. If it started PoE this way, the program will close, once PoE closes.
Disabled by default, enable to your liking.

- Messages are now send to "@# ", to prevent spamming local chat. If you want to send them somewhere else, you can change it in the options.txt file tough.

- Tool is now aware of all Vaal Orb implicits

- PoE recently renamed the "Spike Shield" to "Spiked Shield". Tool is now aware of the new name

Find the new download here.
Source Code.

----------------------------------------------------

"
Heavykiller wrote:
Some more things:

1. I don't see a modifier for #% more unarmed physical damage.
2. Some characters don't show up properly (image below).
3. Gems would be an interesting addition to the script.

1) With hundreds of uniques and a lot of affixes that appear only on one unique, not all unique-only affixes are supported. Unlikely to change due to too much work for too little gain.
2) The program doesn't change the charset of the characters it reads but passes them directly to poe via ctrl+v.
Open your textfile and make sure it's encoding is the same one the poe-files use, then your characters should appear properly.
3) Possibly

"
eragon1111 wrote:

Why ?

Because you NEED to already know whats interesting to specify it in a filter. New players dont know. And strikes again problem of certain build specitlfic items like PA/IC/Reave/Split arrow/LL etc.

Im sure NOONE of top sellers will be willing to create such a filter for newbies. Its lose-win situation.

Sayin that 3 res life gear is nice is not hard, but sayin that certain jewelery is nice and worth few ex - its art.

I would disagree to a point there. It is not the purpose of the tool to give an exact price for an item, as this would take huge amount of effort in the filter.
However the tool is great for fastly checking out a price range.
The selling point is, that it is extremly fast in giving an estimate.
When the vendor window is open, I can rate and sell my entire invetory in under 2 seconds.
Also filters are good enough to let you know if sth. is only worth a few chaos or much more.
(The new default filter even puts you out a "perfection percentage" for an amulet by simply looking at what affixes are desired for the amulet type [caster/attacker] and checking the maximum, while also considering free affixes to craft)
If it puts out ~50-60% (in Tempest league) you can happily sell it for 1-2c, if it puts out 80-90% it is worth your time to check the exact value of it via browsing poe.trade.

TLDR; While you are correct that it doesn't tell you how many exalts your GG amulet is worth, it can at least tell you, that you have such an amulet and should investigate further.
Additionally it helps you quickly sort out trash rares, far faster and more reliably than you could normally.
Last edited by Rayshan on Aug 26, 2015, 9:55:08 AM
Thank you very much for the update!
Filtro de Itens - https://br.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/190
I really want to test this out but I'm still unsure about it being virus free. Why don't you use Github? Why has this only so little attention despite it being one of the most useful tools ever created for this game? Why isn't this made in AHK?
Loving this tool thanks OP!

"
eragon1111 wrote:

Why ?

Think of this tool as 1 piece of the puzzle just like loot filters were. People who cant write their own filters or scripts for this macro will have to wait for someone in the community to make a version thats geared towards newer players.
IGN:Dethklok
lllllDanziGGlllll - 100 Ranger ~ HOGM
Mirror Service: View-thread/2479762
Old:870532
"
eXecut1on wrote:
I really want to test this out but I'm still unsure about it being virus free. Why don't you use Github? Why has this only so little attention despite it being one of the most useful tools ever created for this game? Why isn't this made in AHK?

While I understand your concern, there is unforunately no real way for me to proof, that this not a bad tool, other than providing the sourcecode.
If you don't want to check the sourcecode / compile it yourself, you could try to check the tool with some antivirus software you trust or alternativeley use wireshark, to make sure, that it doesn't connect to the internet (other than http://poe.melanite.net/PoEPricer_Version.php if and only if you have "check for updates" enabled).

About your questions:
Github: Laziness, as I am the only one working on it. If it helps you or anyone, I just added it there tough: https://github.com/Matthias-Schwarz/PoEPricer.

Little Attention: Well,this is not a question I can answer you.
At least a lot of people have checked out the thread by now.
Maybe some are hesistant to download sth. like you are as well?

No AHK: What exactly would be the advantage? You can view the source code in both cases. You can do bad stuff with AHK as well. And for me it would just be a lot more work, as I am not really familiar with AHK.
"
Dethklok wrote:
Loving this tool thanks OP!

"
eragon1111 wrote:

Why ?

Think of this tool as 1 piece of the puzzle just like loot filters were. People who cant write their own filters or scripts for this macro will have to wait for someone in the community to make a version thats geared towards newer players.

Thread is here some time and i dont see anyone rushing to provide high quality filter (meaning they create competition between them and new players).
If newer players all knew about estimated items worth - flippers and scammers will lose a lot of influance. Noone of them top traders want it...

Tool is nice but community...
IGN: PojzonAbyss
[3.2] Immortal Indigon Poet's Pen Hirophant - https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2129766
[3.1] Yamata No Orochi - Oni-Goroshi Jugg http://poeurl.com/bHB9
[2.4] The True Queen Of The Forest - Poison LA/BR Pathfinder http://poeurl.com/M6u [Retired]

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info