Who is cheering in the Arena?

Exactly who is supposed to be cheering for you in the Arena? Are these fellow Exiles or maybe the Elite that came over from the capital to watch exile scum get slaughtered? Theres like what 6 different Arenas you fight in progressing through the zone? Thats a lot of people, just wondering where they all came from.
IGN: DabrixRN
"
Thomasmgp wrote:
Exactly who is supposed to be cheering for you in the Arena? Are these fellow Exiles or maybe the Elite that came over from the capital to watch exile scum get slaughtered? Theres like what 6 different Arenas you fight in progressing through the zone? Thats a lot of people, just wondering where they all came from.

It's a dream.
Casually casual.

they are the wealthy Theopolis Elite, eager to be entertained with blood.
or are they?

I think it was Charan, who said Act 4 feels a bit like "Wraeclast All Stars" with all those lore characters showing up as Bosses and NPCs - but I still find both Kaom's and Daresso's Dream awesome zones in terms of story.

are all these monsters and Karui Warriors and Gladiators and cheering crowds, real - or just phantasms? illusions of Thaumaturgy?
are you really fighting the legends of Path Of Exile's lore, or merely nightmarish manifestations of long-dead heroes, created by The Beast / Malachai, in twisted deadly life-size dreams?

not to mention the bosses themselves are great fights, and the inscriptions/speech leading you through the zones, creates some top-quality atmosphere.
Alva: I'm sweating like a hog in heat
Shadow: That was fun
Last edited by johnKeys on Aug 18, 2015, 5:00:57 PM
The people that are cheering are the rubes and teabillies of oriath.
There's no one cheering. These are reminiscences of times past.
"
TheAnuhart wrote:
"
Thomasmgp wrote:

It's a dream.

This.
"
johnKeys wrote:

are all these monsters and Karui Warriors and Gladiators and cheering crowds, real - or just phantasms? illusions of Thaumaturgy?

Is this the real life? Is this just fantasy?

Spoiler
This world is an illusion, exile.
Spoiler
Of course it's a dream, but why on earth should that mean that it's not real?
Spoiler
Spoilers!
Spoiler
Yes, everything that happens in that zone and Kaom's areas are their dreams. Daresso's areas take the form of a dream in which you relive his experiences as a gladiator and his rise the the championship. Kaom's dream, I believe, is some sort of vision of the Karui afterlife along with a few references toward how he was ultimately defeated due to refusing to ask Hyrri for help.
Apparently the Beast has some power to make dreams become real. Gaining enough control over this power(as Malachai is trying to do at the end of the game) will allow you to remake the entire world into what you want it to be.

Dream or not, the answer is obviously "the audience".
Shop closed until further notice. Check out my Dominus musical tribute instead:
https://soundcloud.com/hackproducer0815/dominus
I think they are cheering for Tyrion Lannister, but i'm not sure...
"This Is A Buff" (Bex_GGG august 30, 2016)
It's the chairs. Chairs love a good fight.
I'll take "Swords" for two hundred Alex.
-Faux Sean Connery
Last edited by Lightning_Wolf on Aug 19, 2015, 12:40:42 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info