Micro transactions leave me wanting more

This is from a long time player/supporter. During the latest beta I started to play some Neverwinter, and have been blown away by the visuals of equipment. I look at some of the latest POE armor sets, except the infernal, and they look so blah. The shapes are ok, but at the distance we see char.in game, several of the amours appear black and featureless. I think the POE artists need to start putting some flair in the equipment, play with color details so things pop more. Have them spend a day playing Neverwinter to get inspired. As a side note, since there are 3 female avatars, and since so many play them, its time to make armor sets to fit and look good on females, a woman in a scaled down version of the male armor just doesn't look good.

Before I get the song and dance about how hard it would be and how much money it would cost. I have to say I have owned a store in Second Life, designed clothing for the game, also created over 100 uniforms for a US football computer game, so well versed in creating skins, what it takes etc.. And the arguments about not creating equipment/armor with more visual appeal, and creating female specific armor really don't fly.

Plus Im sitting on a lot of points and really would like to purchase something.
Last edited by GhostPain on Aug 18, 2015, 10:33:19 AM
Agree with femal armors. I think their strat (by design or neccesity) is to slowly increase the flare. Each new set seems to get a little more love than the last. Although, the master sp armor set is probably my favorite followed by the pilgrim hat/holiday sack "bum".
I've not purchased an armor set yet because I am waiting on one made for females, instead of the male oriented ones that leave the character looking like a small boy when put on. Not saying I want to run around in a bikini or anything, just something distinctly female looking. I'd be happy with a really pretty thigh length dress and a pair of kick ass knee length high heel boots. Just make sure all the bright blue crap is covered on the scion.
“Too often we underestimate the power of a touch, a smile, a kind word, a listening ear, an honest compliment, or the smallest act of caring, all of which have the potential to turn a life around.”
—Leo Buscaglia

Contact support@grindinggear.com to report issues relating to the game or forum. Thanks!

My beloved pets....

"
peachii wrote:
I want to run around in a bikini

Will buy moar packs for this. DoA Scion anyone? ^.^
"
GhostPain wrote:
As a side note, since there are 3 female avatars, and since so many play them, its time to make armor sets to fit and look good on females, a woman in a scaled down version of the male armor just doesn't look good.

definitely agree on this. witch is my favorite avatar and she looks a bit silly in most of the armor sets
Everyone I bring into this game is excited till they hit the OVERPRICED cash shop. I don't know what the hell they were thinking when stuff was priced. Beyond totems and stash tabs, I ain't spending another dime.
Last edited by boesmith on Aug 18, 2015, 12:01:00 PM
"
boesmith wrote:
Everyone I bring into this game is excited till this hit the OVERPRICED cash shop. I don't know what the hell they were thinking when stuff was priced. Beyond totems and stash tabs, I ain't spending another dime.

They were thinking the game is free.
Female "friendly" armours would be gladly welcomed.
PoE isn't really aesthetically geared toward bright, flashy colors and boob armor. Some of the mtxs we already have border on ludicrous (seraph wings and maligaro bubble belt skin xfer say hi).
IGN: Smegmazoid
Long live the new Flesh
I feel the exact opposite. I would buy their MTX armours if they better matched the theme of the game. I don't want to look like a WoW character which has honestly prevented me from buying any of the MTX I see... I just spend my points on stash upgrades and the occasional ability effect.
Every Saturday = National Booze n Poe Day
Last edited by Nasreth on Aug 18, 2015, 11:59:11 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info