[2.2, HC] Asta's "Lioneye's Archery" - A High Armor/HP Tornado Shot Archer

I usually never go rt but this build spawned another idea for me at least, so thanks. i figured to test lioneyes fall right besides emboweling and go crit instead. free endurance charges as well if one would go for smashing strikes. and some block if one prefers that :)

Nicest gem in the game, so many possibilities.
"Axe bad! Fix please!"
"
Strimlaren wrote:
I usually never go rt but this build spawned another idea for me at least, so thanks. i figured to test lioneyes fall right besides emboweling and go crit instead. free endurance charges as well if one would go for smashing strikes. and some block if one prefers that :)

So more like this?
Dreamfeather Elemental Cleave Ranger: http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1087616
Finally a bow build for me! Will certainly try it out after I'm done with Searing warper.
Do u put Lioneyes fall next to Golem's Blood?? Does it reach Destroyer and Wrecking ball ? I thought it was only medion range....
Interesting build for sure!
-Rott
IGN=ElitePhanteon
Can anyone post the marauder version from the first page in a different tree site? Poedb link doesn't work anymore.
This build needs doryani's tri res phys dmg life leech

and since it has massive armor

it'd be sweet to incorporate

with point blank gem (increased damage closer they are)
Last edited by mazzotta70 on Oct 8, 2015, 8:16:13 PM
"
Astarte911 wrote:

Hey,

its ok if you drop grace, like Chris mentioned. You "can" make it work, since i have really a f***ton of armor. However, from a min-max-the-build-point-of-view i guess (especially for HC) i would recomment Grace.

If you like, you can post your tree and gear that you are using, then im gonna add it into the suggestions area!

The Death Rush shown in the video is not postet here in the guide, since its not a so easy to acquire item, but it really supports the build very well :)

Been swapping gear around in standard until the new leagues start, here's the gear the character has atm.

Spoiler

Since I was going ham on linking a pledge of hands I'm all out of jewelers and fusings, so I'm using a tabula to simulate having a 5L lioneye's vision plate (my pierce is lvl 19 I know but it's the only one I've got). No drillneck because a science project turned it into rare so my dps is a bit lower than yours at 8.8k in the hideout (no bloodrage or charges or golem). I was tryin to compensate a bit with ming's heart until I've got another drillneck (those things aren't cheap and standard trade is a bit dead). Again, no jewelers or fusings so I can't test out the puncture single target.

Since the character was from before the awakening, it's still missing 3 passive points. I plan on getting the life/chaos resist when I get those.

3.5k life with a ming's heart. Over 4k without.

Here's the character screens:

15k armor with a tabula
Spoiler

20k armor and 4.7k life with lioneye's
Spoiler

56k armor with flasks up and lioneye's
Spoiler

Using astramentis makes me not worry about stats, but of course a rare amulet is better, I just don't have anything else atm to test with and I'm broke. Alpha's howl and the mana reserve nodes as well as an enlighten lvl 2 are enough to sustain. I swapped my lvl 3 enlighten back to my other char since it wasn't needed but it's even better. Sometimes with the lvl 2 enlighten there are some problems with single target if it takes more than 10 shots. The dps would be much better with a drillneck so the character still has a lot to room to expand in terms of gear.

Alpha's is also great for the immune to freeze. This has killed me more than anything else.

This is the passive tree

I'm using 2 lioneye jewels to get the smashing strikes passive for free endurance charges to make me even tankier.

Here are the other 2 jewels I'm using.

Definitely a very strong build. If I were to make a hardcore character in the next league it would be this build.

If you wanted to be even tankier I mean you could try getting the staff block nodes and a rearguard as well as a rumi's and you'd get a bow block build. I might try it if I get more currency to burn but the drillneck option seems to be better.

If I were to get a 6L bow I would try with my kaom's heart to see if just the 6L is enough but I think the lioneye chest is good enough.
Last edited by Humble_Canadian on Oct 8, 2015, 8:45:37 PM
"
Tempada wrote:
"
Strimlaren wrote:

So more like this?

Exactly like that! Once again, cool gem!
"Axe bad! Fix please!"
"
Pretty nice build, have you managed to run 81 map bosses?

did you try an Atziri Run with it? would love more videos..

No, i went atm full oldschool mode and playing final fantasy 7 ;). However, i did managed to play some 80 maps, whereby i didnt had any problems regarding clearspeed/bosskilling.

@Mannoth
Thanks for effort, added you suggestions.

@Triplebuze
I just compared against a pure coil, you are right at that point; the combination of coil+armor would be more effective. But: You loosing also the 7L, which is arround 65% increased damage (around 12% of my current 16k) and versatility (Pierce) AoE wise. Im not sure if you could still compensate that with passive, while you dont loose too much EHP against phys/spells.

@Tempada
No, didnt like SA at all. I also think, SA+Chain is little better then SA+Pierce.

@Litesabr
It mayhap would work, but using warcry to sustain my mainskill does disturbing my gameflow too much.

@Jxion
Yea, it does reach and converts Destroyer and Wrecking Ball

@mazzotta70
If you cannot find a decent one, Doryani's is okay. However, a decent rolled rare belt isn't that uncommen and does a better job (liferoll). Also, dont see the point of EG ?

@Humble_Canadian
thanks, added in the suggestion area.
Welcome to the greatest of arenas, Duelist. God is watching you.

Last edited by Astarte911 on Oct 9, 2015, 9:23:17 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info