Name games where being powerfull geared and high leveled doesnt grant access to end content

Yes, its true...

In addition to gear and levels, you need knowledge, skill, and time.

Noblesse oblige
Was it really necessary to make yet ANOTHER thread about a problem that they've already acknowledged and even posted a specific time that they will be fixing it(within a day or so from now even)?
"
Kuruguhn wrote:
POE

World of Warfat

You can not outgear fire on the floor.
The games made by FROM Software are considered to be difficult-but-fair and mostly allow you to complete the content with a low level character providing you have the skill. There's many players who complete low level runs of these games for fun.

Demons' Souls
Dark Souls
Dark Souls 2
Bloodborne
"
Kuruguhn wrote:
POE

What? erhm, here is a few:

World of Warcraft
Rift
Age of Conan
SWTOR
Every other mmo in the world.

You can be as strong as you like, but need a guild with other players raiding. Just as with POE. If you wanna do 78+ consistently, you need a group of several players pooling in. Seems fair really.
''It was nice but not really great'' in memory of rondanashu 13.4.2016
"
Mivo wrote:
"
Kuruguhn wrote:
I totally agree with you but i have made more donation to ggg then I ever paid 1game so i feel very free to express myself.

Sure, you can - and you could do that even if you hadn't donated anything. They offer the game for free, so everyone's feedback is equally valid.

I do agree that progression after 90 is really painful, which is why I stopped at 90 (for now anyway), but I also think that if I could reach 100 fast or painless, or maybe: at all, I might have lost interest in the game at some point. I'm not sure where exactly the line of proper balance between too easy and too hard is, and I'm not sure GGG does, either. The harshness of the game is one of its selling points, can't deny that.
been around since release myself something about there always being new stuff like uniques and leagues with dif properties is helping keep it fresh only thing i find dull is the pvp scene currently
"
Hodari wrote:
Was it really necessary to make yet ANOTHER thread about a problem that they've already acknowledged and even posted a specific time that they will be fixing it(within a day or so from now even)?

They're not fixing anything. Content will still be gated by RNG, just that mid-level maps will be slightly more common.
Shop closed until further notice. Check out my Dominus musical tribute instead:
https://soundcloud.com/hackproducer0815/dominus
"
rondanashu wrote:
"
Kuruguhn wrote:
POE

World of Warcraft
Rift
Age of Conan
SWTOR

You can be as strong as you like, but need a guild with other players raiding. Just as with POE. If you wanna do 78+ consistently, you need a group of several players pooling in. Seems fair really.

Uhhm, you kinda missed the point.

Whether you need a group or not, the gate in MMO's is nothing more than ability while progressing, and weekly locks for raids once on farm, you or you and your group want to try it? Go for it.

In PoE? Oh you need to spend your time shopping or clearing out the rats in the sewers or leech off a group to be worthy of a peak at content you could do by yourself.

Fun twist. Mention in MMO's that there is a lack of end game options for a solo player and you'll be told 'multi-player game, go play aRPG'. Look how that turned out.
Casually casual.

Last edited by TheAnuhart on Aug 19, 2015, 5:43:06 PM
"
Teplokot wrote:
"
Kuruguhn wrote:
POE

World of Warfat

You can not outgear fire on the floor.

I lol'd.
Don't forget to drink your milk 👌
"
TheAnuhart wrote:
"
rondanashu wrote:
"
Kuruguhn wrote:
POE

World of Warcraft
Rift
Age of Conan
SWTOR

Uhhm, you kinda missed the point.

Whether you need a group or not, the gate in MMO's is nothing more than ability while progressing, and weekly locks for raids once on farm, you or you and your group want to try it? Go for it.

In PoE? Oh you need to spend your time shopping or clearing out the rats in the sewers or leech off a group to be worthy of a peak at content you could do by yourself.

Fun twist. Mention in MMO's that there is a lack of end game options for a solo player and you'll be told 'multi-player game, go play aRPG'. Look how that turned out.

I do understand and to a degree agree with you. But the difference is conceptual, with the same result. If you do groups in poe, you get end game content. If you groups in mmo, you get endgame content. If not, stay with easier content.
''It was nice but not really great'' in memory of rondanashu 13.4.2016

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info