Dark fantasy book

Hey guys, I've been looking for a good fantasy book but it has to be dark and gory, (like PoE ;)) I really liked "Broken Empire" trilogy by Mark Lawrence. i didnt really like Black Company that much tbh.
Also i prefer if the story is told from a perspective of one character like in "Name of the Wind".
Forgot to mention i also really liked the Raven's shadow series.

Looking forward to any suggestions! ;)
IGN: DaemonYaslana, Meanjin
Last edited by Biafra on Aug 16, 2015, 6:37:49 AM
Thanks for suggestions, I tried reading Shadow of the Torturer few months back, didnt get sucked into it but gonna try again. Story of the Eye is absolutly not my type of a book;) Might look into Maldoror, but not sure prose poem is my thing.

Anyone tried The Blade Itself by Joe Abercrombie?
I liked Prince of Thorns, and for me for example Robin Hobb's Assassin, which i finished honestly lkike 2 days ago ;p was much worse, and i gave up on second book for now becouse i heard not much changes, I hoped Bastard would took his life in his own hands at the end of the book but he didn't. I think i will grab Blade Itself too, we will see:)
Abercrombie's series is a decent read for a gory and grey themed world. It's not terribly thought provoking but it's entertaining enough.

Though it doesn't fit your requirement of being told by a single character.
Nachos? Yes.
Yes i know;) but it seems like an interesting read nevertheless + the rest (gory and grey themed world) fits well

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info