We all trash talked D3, but is there any feature that D3 does better than PoE?

I think we should stop ashaming a mainstream
product like D3 by comparing it to PoE

commencing overlord build stage two,
this is act3 cruel ... lvl.80 here I come

(fun fact: I am only back for Awakening cause guys on the zero-k Forum
were talking about PoE, and I head about zero-k on the Heroes Forums)

[playstv id="55ce5fccc2c4af7321"]

What is the Matrix? - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-XDNGBTsi5U
I say.... D2 has the best!
Well in endgame they didnt had much (first cow lvl then baal runs) But the character custumisation was amazing! Character stats that you adress each level (which does PoE in some kind) and many different viable builds, some for pvp some for pvm. I enjoyed this game more than D3 and PoE together. With D3 they listen too much to the whiners on the forum "("i never find loot" etc etc while its a grind game, d2 wasnt dropping 20 legendaries in 20 min right?) and they made the rare items useless, while it was such a good game at launch (real hard, good rares had good use) They make it so easy that you can complete a full set in 1 day if you put in some effort. PoE does that much better by making the real good gear real rare. But in my opinion the gameplay doesnt feel really right.. like robotic. And the maps need a reroll because the normal monsters are way to easy, then you encounter a unique enemy and 1 shot you (last played like 4 months ago maybe they fixed it now with the new expansion.
But anyway I did enjoy both D3 and Poe but feel they both can't touch D2 but the endgame.

But many props to the devs of PoE for making a very good action rpg for free!
Last edited by Pasq1986 on Aug 14, 2015, 6:38:32 PM
Combat responsiveness/movement. That's about it. D3 is far too simplistic of a game. Which is why even D2 outshines D3 in many, many ways.
Better performance optimization (but not perfect, I can tank the fps as hard as in PoE if I want to).
Better physics engine which makes the combat feel more impactful.
Not sure about other stuff but I probably forgot something.

Also interesting how a lot of stuff that people see as a good feature, I see as a bad one. Like having such a nuanced difficulty slider is the most lazy and boring design ever. There's no difficulty curve, only a straight line and you pick the height of that line exactly so that with your gear it has the optimal height in terms of farming efficiency. Which means there is literally only one, straight difficulty line. Worst feature ever.
GGG banning all political discussion shortly after getting acquired by China is a weird coincidence.
- game shows min max ranges on items if you hold a certain button
- animations and physics, game feels and plays extremly smooth
- achievements
- better looking option / clan menues
- better looking items / 3d art

thats about it. pretty much a only quality of life stuff.

i hope GGG improves animations in poe and adds a physics system

d3 is a great game but it suddenly gets fucking boring after a week or so when you have your BiS shit (set items and shit) and all you have to do is start praying to find the same stuff in ancient, literally every other item that drops is worthless for you (there is no trading, and the game is balanced for selffound). edit: ramaladnis gift and the BiS items is all you care for in d3
Last edited by Koksii on Aug 14, 2015, 8:14:11 PM
- Difficulty Sliders

I'd actually prefer the difficulty slider. Just one Setting and we unlock more difficulties as you gain higher levels.

- Customizable "Pet/Hireling"
Just another Forum Signature in a Sea of Signatures.
I think d3 is better at dropping your life low but not insta gibbing you.
"
Fhark wrote:
I think d3 is better at dropping your life low but not insta gibbing you.

I disagree with most things folks say in this thread but i think you made a fantastic point hear.

D3 dose do this better than PoE
Just a sec let me grab a beer...@#*@ Ok how did I die this time

Learn the rules, it's the only way to exploit them.
to the people saying end game content is better in D3, I'm confused. Last time I played (season 2 I think) the end game was simply this:

1. Do trial.
2. Do grift.

and that was it.

How is that better than poe's endgame content? I enjoy the map system way more than that and I don't even enjoy the map system all that much.
Rampage IGN: RIP_Stannis_Baratheon
"
TheWretch wrote:
"
pneuma wrote:
Having alternate genders for each class (i.e. more base models) and, in general, just having a lot more and better animations. This is mostly a money thing, so I get why D3 has it and PoE doesn't, but certainly would be nice.

Big +1 on various supports/uniques modifying skills visually. For a quick example, if you are using the Consuming Dark, your fire skills should start turning purple and black. This is something that D3 totally did right with runes.

Lately their itemization has been a million billion times better. They're still hamstrung by "every piece needs +MAINSTAT" and crit hegemony, but they're pumping out really interesting uniques at a pretty amazing rate.

+1 to this

I think most people saying this either don't play D3 enough or don't realize it ends up exactly like PoE but sometimes much worse since every class has like 2-3 end game viable build and everyone wears the exact same shit using the exact same items with the exact same rolls, with the exact same passive and skill set up.

But I assume it's a grass is greener on the other side type of thing. Since people say the exact same shit about PoE in the D3 forums.

What is fun about D3 though is their effects is much more shiny and combat feels like more visceral. It's also very easy and casual to get into although I wouldn't bother being competitive at it.
Last edited by RagnarokChu on Aug 15, 2015, 2:46:55 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info