We all trash talked D3, but is there any feature that D3 does better than PoE?

good games don't need difficulty-sliders.. :D
d:-D*
I haven't touched d3 in forever but there were three things I wanted poe to take from it.

Inspecting my friends' gear - I can do on the website now. Not ideal but works for me.
Treasure goblins - tormented spirits are far superior imo.
Mercenaries (as much d2 thing as d3 I suppose) - I dream of GGG implementing them in as much of an improved way as they did with goblins:: spirits.
When I kill a man he stays dead.
Last edited by mucker on Aug 14, 2015, 2:38:59 PM
D3 is really fun, killing stuff fells good, the game is really really smooth, it's a great experience. For a few days and then it's just thoroughly boring
"
"
- Removing trade completely.
- Smart loot (goes hand-in-hand with above).
- Inventory space. Doesn't cut itself off, more stash tabs available soon through mtx.
- Crafting. Even though it's pretty bad, it's still better than PoE crafting lol. The Mystic grill (forgot her name) pretty much makes the difference here.
- Graphics. Also pretty bad if you zoom in, but still better than PoE's graphics.
- Doesn't rely on 3rd party.
- Build variety post Kanai Cube. D3 takes a step forward in this, while PoE takes a step back with recent changes. There will still be a meta but a lot more builds will be endgame viable compared to PoE.
- Stat balance. Crit is a bit more of a must on D3 than on PoE but you literally can't play a merciless character on PoE without a good chunk of life nodes + life on gear. Not in a progressive way atleast.

Think the rest has been mentioned already.

Graphics? Are you saying these graphics are good or decent ?? http://tpucdn.com/reviews/AMD/R9_270X/images/diablo3.jpg

This is on ultra hahaha. No the graphics in their game are total garbage for the time it was released. On top of that it also asks way too much from your system, the system requirement are way too high for having graphics like that. They're unrealistic, cartoony and overall look like they come from a game out of 2004. This is just embarrassing for a studio as big as Blizzard who can pull talent from everywhere.

The loot in that game is absolutely horrendous. You need to use the auction house and browse it for hours for upgrades. I heard that has been removed though and now legendaries drop like candy. Which is pretty typical from a Blizzard game, their latest games and releases have all had the trend to be incredibly easy and doable even on highest difficulties. It kills attraction more since it just gets boring really fast.

And builds? Are you kidding me? Every class had 1 build. Making 5 builds viable because you have 5 classes in a game is not really diversity. You can create a lot of end game viable builds if you know what you're doing in Path of Exile. In this type of game however you will always have a fastest or most efficient build due to the variety the game has.

Things that Diablo 3 did better than Path of Exile? The cinematics were high budget and done quite wonderfully. I enjoyed that kind of presentation. I loathed as I said above the graphics it felt like some happy fantasy world instead of a dark one (which Diablo is supposed to be).

You don't really notice the detail of the graphics because the game is fast-paced and are likely zoomed out the entire time, which is when they do look good enough in my opinion.

I also said build variety -post Kanai cube-. And even before that time, each class had a lot more builds; there was just no desire to play that way because a certain build trumped the rest. This is called the meta. That doesn't mean each class only had 1 build though. Plenty of builds were able to survive in T6, but they weren't able to clear zones as efficiently as the meta builds. The point is that they were atleast able to exist in the endgame. With the PoE endgame the builds also get narrowed down to a few; not because of the meta, but because of the game's mechanics demanding you to play in a certain way. Also, most items that would increase the few viable endgame builds that are available have a 10+ exalt price tag, which means it's not exactly accessible - especially if you don't trade.

All I can say is your opinion is outdated concerning D3. Play after the Kanai Cube update which is coming in a week-ish to update said opinion.
blizz, what am I supposed to do with all this rare drops you wont let me trade and don't stack up to the meta weapon?

blizz: um....eat them, and then your stomach becomes a super weapon wmd.

the cube sounds like a decent response to the horrible idea of all account bound loot.
Hey...is this thing on?
Last edited by LostForm on Aug 14, 2015, 3:04:25 PM
"
PyleWarlord wrote:
good games don't need difficulty-sliders.. :D

Ya, they should gate your progress through RNG and starve you instead, much more fun to run content 10 lvls below your threshold indefinitely
Don't forget to drink your milk 👌
"
Hodari wrote:
"
i8037 wrote:
Endgame content and performance.

Performance, maybe although with lockstep, I think PoE is at least rapidly closing the gap there.

Not even close. POE runs like shit, even on high-end rigs.
Having alternate genders for each class (i.e. more base models) and, in general, just having a lot more and better animations. This is mostly a money thing, so I get why D3 has it and PoE doesn't, but certainly would be nice.

Big +1 on various supports/uniques modifying skills visually. For a quick example, if you are using the Consuming Dark, your fire skills should start turning purple and black. This is something that D3 totally did right with runes.

Lately their itemization has been a million billion times better. They're still hamstrung by "every piece needs +MAINSTAT" and crit hegemony, but they're pumping out really interesting uniques at a pretty amazing rate.
"
pneuma wrote:
Having alternate genders for each class (i.e. more base models) and, in general, just having a lot more and better animations. This is mostly a money thing, so I get why D3 has it and PoE doesn't, but certainly would be nice.

Big +1 on various supports/uniques modifying skills visually. For a quick example, if you are using the Consuming Dark, your fire skills should start turning purple and black. This is something that D3 totally did right with runes.

Lately their itemization has been a million billion times better. They're still hamstrung by "every piece needs +MAINSTAT" and crit hegemony, but they're pumping out really interesting uniques at a pretty amazing rate.

+1 to this
Don't forget to drink your milk 👌
"

D3 = Players play the game and wish they could trade.
PoE = Players trade and wish they could play the game.

Ha ha touche!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info