We all trash talked D3, but is there any feature that D3 does better than PoE?

"
Hitomo wrote:
so, why dont u all play D3 instead, if u cant like PoE for what it is

D3 has its downsides aswell lol. Changes to the game aren't exactly frequent, the seasons really take too long for what it has to offer. Apparently some people go back to their non seasonal characters after a while but I'd prefer to keep things fresh and play other ARPG's until a new season hits. On the bright side, the changes almost always improve the game so I'm ok with having to wait.
"
jsmoothPOE111 wrote:
Controller / Console support.
Better loot drops.

Edit: Forgot crafting. Thanks Illusion :)

Irony: console gaming is for casuals, the "better loot" is a placebo because it's all stat based crap anyways, and if you haven't crafted in Path of Exile, then you're doing it wrong.

People will always cry when the game isn't easy mode in Path of Exile, yet they'll play Diablo 3 for a week or two and return to Path of Exile to bitch and moan about how bad it is.

/thread
Still in the alpha stage, but at least build diversity isn't an issue: https://wolcengame.com/home/
nevermind about my trial post it isn't really the same thing, but still monotonous and luck based grindy in nature.

meh d3 is ok. it is fun, but for my time I prefer what ggg have going.
Hey...is this thing on?
Last edited by LostForm on Aug 14, 2015, 11:09:31 AM
Trials are gone from what I heard.
Dys an sohm
Rohs an kyn
Sahl djahs afah
Mah morn narr
Art design
Coding
"
Trials are gone from what I heard.

most likely, the shit flood on the forums was getting deep around season 2, but I get it, it was the exact same content over and over that didn't reward you except with content you probably didn't want to do because it wasn't the right mobs or boss to advance,
Hey...is this thing on?
Last edited by LostForm on Aug 14, 2015, 11:12:55 AM
Combat in general feels real nice in D3. It's not perfectly designed because there's a lot of crappy guaranteed damage which forces some obscene gear checks, but PoE has a few of those too. D3 just feels smoother and more intuitive to play.

It's little things like how Whirlwind on Barbarian follows your cursor, but in PoE your Cyclone travels to wherever you clicked before you're able to reposition it. Add lots of those little things together and PoE's combat feels very clunky, especially early on when you have low movement and attack speed.

Outside of that I genuinely think PoE is a better game in every aspect.
Every Saturday = National Booze n Poe Day
Adventure Mode
Kadala
"

But you keep beating that rancid equine cadaver. I'm sure a few more slaps and you'll get some juicy maggots to crawl out upon which you can dine.

I love this image.
"
Ceri wrote:
I've never understood all the D3 trash talk

Because they took all our "childhood memories" from the first two Diablo games, their depth, gameplay, atmosphere etc, then ridiculed them and butchered them? Reason enough? :D (Only my humble opinion ofc)
Last edited by RestInPieces on Aug 14, 2015, 11:29:24 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info