I am lucky, therefore game is fine

"
Phrazz wrote:

Player one will ALWAYS see himself as the more unlucky one, as he leaves everything up to RNG.

true.
unless he suddenly jackpots 5 mirrors out of Emperor's Luck and becomes insta-1%.
it's RNG, you never know.

but the 2 main points of the thread are:

1) obnoxious behaviour among players - be they a "player 1" type or a "player 2" type - needs to stop, and it needs to stop right now.

2) I think players who like to ignore/argue against any flaw the game has, just because the game/RNG has been good to them, are ultimately the 1st ones to leave once the tables turn.
meaning, they don't really give a shit about the game.
which is fine really. they don't have to.

BUT if they couple that with putting down others in the forum/in-game, in the name of pseudo-white-knighting - well then they are genuine human scum.
Alva: I'm sweating like a hog in heat
Shadow: That was fun
"
pajingtonn wrote:
In real life... you work and you got regular wage month after month if you do your job right.
This is game... you play and you got nothing month after month if you are not "0,01%" gamer population.

No matter how much you try, you'll still bite the dust unless RNG.

So you tellin' me it's right that player with over 250 hours spent in game by killing things cannot be rewarded by Exalted drop?

This unrewarding game experience is pretty bullshit. I have never seen game like this.

Once upon a time we played games for fun.

PacMan was a HUGE hit, as was Super Mario Bros.

You know what reward you got for spending hours upon hours getting better at the game? Fun, challenge, satisfaction.

PoE isn't a job..that is your first mistake. Don't compare games to jobs. lol.
IGN: HotnessEverspleen
johmn keys, that post is plenty obnoxious on its own.

Paraphrase: Anyone that thinks that trading mixed with farming is more than fair and fine in game is scum and will quit the game when they finally understand what I am saying.

Well no dude, you just come off as bad at the game in your posts on top of also refusing to trade, so it makes sense that you think the game is unplayable, or that people must get super ridiculously lucky to have fun playing. But, anyways, continue chastising anyone as pseudo-white-knight (whatever the hell that means) when they disagree or say you are being hyperbolic or absurd.
Hey...is this thing on?
Last edited by LostForm on Aug 18, 2015, 9:20:33 AM
Game rewards knowledge.

Be it knowing how to do market manipulation (flipping/trading), filtering good rares out of piles of trash or doing content which others can't (atziri/uber atziri farming/high level maps) because you made a solid build which works.

Everything i mentioned above counters the RNG factor you speak of john.

Game offers you the tools in various forms to do just fine, if someone is still doing poor i would argue their knowledge of the game is lacking in certain aspects.

At your original point:

"
johnKeys wrote:
I am doing well, so why you QQ?

Logically:
Chances are that if you are doing well you are playing the game better than the guy who is complaining, since you are able to overcome the issue the guy is complaining about. As such your advice and tactics are far more valuable than the other bunch of people who will just continue the QQ with the original complainer.
And before you start saying "RNG", actual RNG won't do much to a competent player, he has the ways of bypassing it or overcoming bad streaks of it.

I see nothing wrong in setting other people straight when they complain about things that are easy to overcome ingame with proper knowledge (be it in terms of tactics/skill usage or gearing).

[2.2] The Vampire - Tanky 2H Axe Slayer Duelist - /view-thread/1611662
Last edited by Mannoth on Aug 18, 2015, 9:53:23 AM
"
LostForm wrote:
john keys, that post is plenty obnoxious on its own.

sorry. couldn't help it.
too pissed off about it to be civil.

"

Paraphrase: Anyone that thinks that trading mixed with farming is more than fair and fine in game is scum and will quit the game when they finally understand what I am saying.

that's some extremely impressive skill of reading backwards, right there.
please explain how what I wrote, logically leads you to the above conclusion.

"

Well no dude, you just come off as bad at the game in your posts on top of also refusing to trade, so it makes sense that you think the game is unplayable, or that people must get super ridiculously lucky to have fun playing. But, anyways, continue chastising anyone as pseudo-white-knight (whatever the hell that means) when they disagree or say you are being hyperbolic or absurd.

I am bad at this game. never did deny it.
I also trade. *dramatic pause*
especially in the recent month or two, when quite frankly taking that stick that's supposed to have a carrot on the other side of it, right up my ass for two fkn years - finally took its tow. P.S the carrot is a fkn lie.
I just hate it with a passion, and suck at it - so my "trade/actually-play" ratio is something like 1:20. RNG - a.k.a the unholy one who reigns supreme over all - obviously wants that ratio "improved".

as for "pseudo white-knight", that's my term to describe someone who doesn't give half an actual fuck about Path Of Exile, and will promptly leave at the first sign of his personal experience, or RNG/wealth going south - but until that happens, he's here to tell everyone else who dare complain about anything, how much they are bad at the game (while he's gud), and how completely fkn flawless everything about it, is.

believe it or not, I consider myself to be a "real" white-knight, because I love this game and want to see it improve.
care enough to complain when I see something isn't right.
masochistic enough to not quit, after so much time of seeing some of the worst sides of it.

and in this case also stupid enough, to think I can ever influence anyone who enjoys acting like a fkn asshole online, to stop doing it.
Last edited by johnKeys on Aug 18, 2015, 3:10:00 PM
...But in the end, dear John, I do somewhat agree with you one the "I am lucky, therefore game is fine"-part. There are A LOT of players in here that can't understand that it's possible to play for thousands of hours in end game maps, without finding a single T1 or T2 item, not to mention high end currency.

And things they can't understand, they can't explain. And things they can't explain, they're afraid of. Therefore; defensive mode, using sarcasm, irony and bad humor.
Sometimes, just sometimes, you should really consider adapting to the world, instead of demanding that the world adapts to you.
"
Phrazz wrote:
...But in the end, dear John, I do somewhat agree with you one the "I am lucky, therefore game is fine"-part. There are A LOT of players in here that can't understand that it's possible to play for thousands of hours in end game maps, without finding a single T1 or T2 item, not to mention high end currency.

And things they can't understand, they can't explain. And things they can't explain, they're afraid of. Therefore; defensive mode, using sarcasm, irony and bad humor.

There are a lot players who also don't play hardcore solo self found with characters pre 80 either.

Most people who complain about RNG in terms of extremes such as mirror shit are people similar to above.

If you actually play 1000s of hours in end game maps you would be rich beyond belief. It is technically impossible to be poor, in pure alterations from selling rares with 0 other input from anything else you can afford anyone you want outside of multi mirror items.

That is the main focus that why those people can't understand why you can't understand that if you choose the most challenging way to play the game, obviously it is alot harder.

Even if you do minor amounts of trading to choose choice items you need for your build, you would have almost anything you want.

Also outside of that, the entire point of extremely rich people is that not everyone can be that. There some sort of dissociation that alot of people want to be the top ballar 1% multi mirror items without putting in the effort. Even if 80% or 50% of that would allow you steamroll the game, just the idea that you can put more work into your character then needed but be achievable for their goals in the game is a problem for them.

Even johnkeys who rarely levels characters past 80 and plays 1000 characters at once with his method of play style, is richer and has technically more powerful characters in items then "average."

To a new player or causal player, is he the above average one.

How would he feel if people considered him "the lucky one." or "no lifer that plays 1000 hours." or "just because he traded a little he's cheating at the game."

That is the dissociation I am talking about, everyone else is the enemy when you don't have it your way.
Last edited by RagnarokChu on Aug 18, 2015, 5:01:00 PM
"
RagnarokChu wrote:

Even johnkeys who rarely levels characters past 80 and plays 1000 characters at once with his method of play style, is richer and has technically more powerful characters in items then "average."

To a new player or causal player, is he the above average one.

How would he feel if people considered him "the lucky one." or "no lifer that plays 1000 hours." or "just because he traded a little he's cheating at the game."

That is the dissociation I am talking about, everyone else is the enemy when you don't have it your way.

if this game was actually designed around actual gameplay, I think a "no lifer" like me would at least have a couple of tier 1 stuff and see some real end-game content, by now.
btw, you can't really call someone like me a "no lifer" when you have to divide those couple thousand hours across more than 2.5 years.

am I "richer" than the new player who started last week? of course I am. unless RNG granted him some crazy drops and god granted him awesome trading and interaction skills, to play this game "as intended".
do I feel like the effort and time I spent playing and learning this game's mechanics and tactics, remotely worth it? hell no!
and same goes for the content I can actually access. the builds I can actually play. the...

but let's play a little game of "what if".
what if I was a super-rich, mirror-geared trading tycoon and no-lifer who takes the most end-game of end-game content for granted, has access to the strongest builds at will, and sees gear most players will never have, on a daily basis?

well I'd probably be happy with my experience, playing Path Of Exile.
and I'd probably find it very hard to understand why those filthy peasants who get fucked by RNG, dare complain.... right?
well see that's one thing I won't do: call them filthy peasants. mock them. tell them they are bad and should "git gud" like me. completely dismiss their claims that some design guidelines and mechanics in this "perfect" game, aren't really that perfect at all.
and that playing for years and not being uber-rich is possible (because what do you know? it fkn is).
will not do. ever. for reasons that should be trivially obvious.

now tell me, is this really too much to ask of others?
"
RagnarokChu wrote:

If you actually play 1000s of hours in end game maps you would be rich beyond belief. It is technically impossible to be poor, in pure alterations from selling rares with 0 other input from anything else you can afford anyone you want outside of multi mirror items.

It's almost like you think self found players hoards currency... "In pure alterations". Cute.
Sometimes, just sometimes, you should really consider adapting to the world, instead of demanding that the world adapts to you.
"
Phrazz wrote:
"
RagnarokChu wrote:

It's almost like you think self found players hoards currency... "In pure alterations". Cute.

What makes self found players special, the dissociation is that you think your more special then other people.

I am talking from a pure gameplay standpoint on what's possible and what is not possible. By playing 1000s of hours you in end game maps you get a metric shit ton alterations just from selling rares. This is a non-disputable fact, just because your self-found doesn't make you different or special. If you found a kaom's heart but want a shav's wrapping instead but self-found says you can't trade, that is on you that you don't want to trade the kaom's for the shav's.

"
johnKeys wrote:

if this game was actually designed around actual gameplay, I think a "no lifer" like me would at least have a couple of tier 1 stuff and see some real end-game content, by now.
btw, you can't really call someone like me a "no lifer" when you have to divide those couple thousand hours across more than 2.5 years.

am I "richer" than the new player who started last week? of course I am. unless RNG granted him some crazy drops and god granted him awesome trading and interaction skills, to play this game "as intended".
do I feel like the effort and time I spent playing and learning this game's mechanics and tactics, remotely worth it? hell no!
and same goes for the content I can actually access. the builds I can actually play. the...

but let's play a little game of "what if".
what if I was a super-rich, mirror-geared trading tycoon and no-lifer who takes the most end-game of end-game content for granted, has access to the strongest builds at will, and sees gear most players will never have, on a daily basis?

well I'd probably be happy with my experience, playing Path Of Exile.
and I'd probably find it very hard to understand why those filthy peasants who get fucked by RNG, dare complain.... right?
well see that's one thing I won't do: call them filthy peasants. mock them. tell them they are bad and should "git gud" like me. completely dismiss their claims that some design guidelines and mechanics in this "perfect" game, aren't really that perfect at all.
and that playing for years and not being uber-rich is possible (because what do you know? it fkn is).
will not do. ever. for reasons that should be trivially obvious.

now tell me, is this really too much to ask of others?

johnkey is is the dissociation I am talking about, you played a couple thousand hours in a video game. Just because it's spread out over "3 years" does not make it any less then what it is. Any person that isn't you would call yourself a "no-lifer." I personally don't care if your play time in any sort of video game but I was just pointing out the dissociation with what people do in this forums.

Also you can have a couple of tier 1 stuff and find end game content, you choose not too. You do not level your characters past 80 or seriously invest any time end-game. This is another dissociation I am talking about, with the amount of wealth you have in your account you can easily afford any "tier 1 item. Even then I have no idea what your talking about, You have a belly of the beast, a searing touch, malgiro's crit glove, voidbringers ect. You own MULTI exalt items and high end items that can bring your characters into end game maps. You can easily sell one of theses to afford any other build you want, to do that you must do some very min amount of trading. You may not have shav's or kaom's heart (acutally kaom's heart is technically affordable now) or lighting hammers that you spin and do 10 billion dps, but that's like 1% of the total possibility of this game.

Also I already went other this, players that are salty in this extreme are salty over what they can't have. The dissociation is when they take offense to other people on the internet on their fake internet wealth. You know why mirror trade tycoons call you peasants? Because people get butthurt when they do, you think anyone actually give an rat's ass they are internet rich in a videogame on some corner of the gaming world.

Nobody is a "filthy peasant in this game" nor are you less fucked then anyone else who is playing this game. This is not real life where you have excuses like having a poor background or disadvantaged in certain ways or certain people have old money ect.

This game has RNG (some get richer then others) but everyone starts from 0. Everyone levels up, plays at their own pace, farms what they want and have each of their own goals. Inherently being salty at other people for experiencing different things in the game or playing differently is just as stupid as being being elitist.

The game may be perfect for other people, the game may not be perfect for you. But people in the forums like combating each other like this is the "us vs them" type of thing. "HC vs SC." "Solo vs trading." "Casual vs no-lifer." ect. We all playing the exact same shit guys, your view of the game isn't any more special then mine.

People shouldn't put down people further down in progress then they are, but it's on the other coin that anyone remotely successful is somehow cheating at the game or exploiting it at some sort.
Last edited by RagnarokChu on Aug 18, 2015, 6:42:05 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info