I am lucky, therefore game is fine

"
johnKeys wrote:
I am doing well, so why you QQ?

guys, you have absolutely no idea how utterly annoying this attitude is, when reading through forum posts.
out of all possible replies to other people's complaints - legitimate or not - some choose the one which indicates, more than others (choose the most appropriate):

1) they don't give a shit about other players.
2) they don't give a shit about the game, because they couldn't care less what happens outside their current bubble of "me".
3) they simply enjoy acting like complete dirt bags, in Forums.

this kind of shitty behaviour plagued the PoE Forum for as long as I remember it, but currently there's just too much of it.
please stop.

I'll admit that sometimes folks could be more considerate in their wording but I have come to the conclusion that the game is actually very nearly 100% fair. The fact that we see the same people consistently at the top of the ladders proves it. Regardless of map drops,one-shot mechanics, overtuned bosses or a hundred other issues, the top guys always come out on top. Now why is this?

While it may seem like luck, the really successful players are simply taking advantage of the game from every possible angle. Networking with friends, forming alliances, trading, general game knowledge, investment of time and even hand-eye coordination all come into play with PoE.

I have come to terms with the fact that I am lacking in several of the aforementioned skills and therefore will never be a competitive player. And as a "casual" player I'll continue to do my frustrating and ineffective things, but I'll also remain aware that it's my own habits and choices that make me the mediocre player that I am. And I'm ok with that. I play it my way and I enjoy the game and if I suck at it that's just where my comfort zone happens to be. Or maybe I don't suck. Or maybe I just suck more than some and less than others. What does it matter really anyway since I'm merely playing for my own amusement?

My suggestion is to remember that we all play by the exact same rules and don't QQ when something upsets you. Game is hard, you really have to be good at a lot of things to do well in Wraeclast.

You make your own luck John. I dont even believe in luck its probabilities and knowledge.

More you play you increase probabilities of good drops.

More know;ledge you have more you can recognize good drops.

You are missing first ingredient (time and numbers kilt) you just dont play much evident by low character lvls - I;m not sure how much you know or if you'd recognize a good drop when you saw it. Then you cripple yourself with no trading.

Basically recipe for disaster and unhappiness wrt loot.
Git R Dun!
Last edited by Aim_Deep on Aug 13, 2015, 7:25:36 PM
If you ever see me post any replies on this forum like you highlighted, johnKeys, please note that I am English and almost everything I post will contain some sort of sarcasm, so do not take me seriously.

Or am I just being sarcastic? :P
Nice qq post. Not sure what u cry about but qq is qq so grats.
IGN: Tuqo
On the flip side

"I am unlucky, therefore the game is bad/horrible" is just as annoying.

The trick here is dissecting the game without personal bias or luck. Most people who have legitimate ideas to improve the game is too blinded/salty about above for people to listen to them.

The 2nd level of this is.

"Other people are more lucky/put effort into different things/ect, and I do not do xyz thus it is wrong for the game to support that."

An example of this is splitting map cost between a large group and having a culler, drastically reduces cost of mapping and then mega boost drops within that map + party bonus. Solo players get rekt because the former exists. Most people blame the "no-lifers" like they inherently want ruin to or care about the solo player's progress. We fight each other as oppose to finding a solution to homogenize the difference between solo and party play in just terms of map drops.
Last edited by RagnarokChu on Aug 14, 2015, 12:56:18 AM
I'm lucky....

.....that I have SOOO many viewers supporting me and giving me shit.

Spoiler
Am I doing it right? :D
"
PoE is not much of an old-school game. Old-school never entailed the necessity for trading or grinding, it entailed difficult encounters. ...
Many of the people who stick with it but occasionally pop up to complaini see PoE as half a game - a huge potential marred by a fixation on the economy and a very large RNG variance - always hoping that GGG one day "gets things right".

Really well stated, a great summary.
It should be challenging to manage the encounters in game terms; not challenging because the game is "balanced" around trading so that everyone nominally has the best gear dropped for their build, and if your gear is less than optimal you're up against it.
Looking for a mature guild to play with?
http://www.guildmedieval.com
Courtesy, Integrity, Fair Play.

I understand this is a role playing game, but I don't think the best role to play should be shopkeeper. - AlteraxPoe
I spend quite some time to adjust shit to be working again, burned bunch of regrets etc. Thus I grant me right to laugh at QQ.
Yeah this is this "luck" we speak about.
Burn all the orbs!
Last edited by skuadak on Aug 14, 2015, 1:55:41 PM
The baseline requirement in this game to maximize your luck is:

* time investment
* well balanced character (killspeed vs survivability vs MF)
* playing content that maximizes drops (maps with IIQ & IIR bonus or Merc A3/A4 bosses)

If you do this, you'll have the baseline horrible drops, which are designed around an economy :P
If you don't do this, you'll have a worse than horrible, abysmal looting experience.

---

In my experience I had consistent luck in every league so far. A bunch of high tier orbs (eg. in Warbands: 5 exa & 9 divine dropped so far), some GG uniques, some GG rares. Because I'm doing the exact same thing every league: rush into maps, grind maps at highest manageable level / quantity. I do very little trading, I can loot my own gear. Not interested in MS Office gameplay, but I'm forced to have a small shop aside which more or less pays for mapping expenses (thank you trade-centric currency-sink endgame design).
When night falls
She cloaks the world
In impenetrable darkness
i was feeling unlucky, pumping 95% of my currency into rolling maps.. then i said fuck it and started running unchiseled, blue maps.. now i'm feeling lucky again... :D

and i'm still sustaining my 74 pool... O.o
d:-D*

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info