I am lucky, therefore game is fine

"
johnKeys wrote:
I am doing well, so why you QQ?

guys, you have absolutely no idea how utterly annoying this attitude is, when reading through forum posts.
out of all possible replies to other people's complaints - legitimate or not - some choose the one which indicates, more than others (choose the most appropriate):

1) they don't give a shit about other players.
2) they don't give a shit about the game, because they couldn't care less what happens outside their current bubble of "me".
3) they simply enjoy acting like complete dirt bags, in Forums.

this kind of shitty behaviour plagued the PoE Forum for as long as I remember it, but currently there's just too much of it.
please stop.

I don't think people say that. What they say is that if you play 10+ hours a day, use a cookie cutter FoTM build (i.e. "adapt"), and trade like a lunatic to get better gear and clear speed, then eventually something will drop that will make you RICH! And if it doesn't, we can't all be winners, can we?
I suppose it ultimately boils down to lack of empathy, not an unheard notion in today's world.

Peace,

-Boem-
Freedom is not worth having if it does not include the freedom to make mistakes
Funny, i find the opposite annoying. Where lazy people complain nothing ever drops for them. Where people claim to play 3000 hours without an exalt drop. Pff, so tired of these posts.
"
Miská wrote:
Funny, i find the opposite annoying. Where lazy people complain nothing ever drops for them. Where people claim to play 3000 hours without an exalt drop. Pff, so tired of these posts.

I find calling people "lazy" when it comes to playing games even more annoying. This is the brainwashed 21st century corporate tools applying their work ethic to their spare time, and turning their nose up at anyone who sees it differently.
About half of the playerbase is "lucky" (above average drops), the other half is not.
That's the nature of an average.
But since only the extremely lucky guys ("I 6L in 2 fusing") and the unhappy/unlucky guys with their little confirmation bias open forum threads, we will never have a full picture, and cannot even tell if we are lucky or unlucky.

"
Miská wrote:

+1

"I played 1 map and didn't find a higher one"

"I played 5 maps and now I've dropped back to maplevel xy"

"I killed Dominus 1 time and only got two shitty rares"

"I found an ilvl80 bow with three lowest tier affixes... why is this in the game?"

"I dropped lifesprig from merciless Malachai, wtf is this shit?"

Every little streak of bad luck seems to justify a feedback thread.
Can't these guys just ignore that stuff, iE vendor the lifesprig, treat it like half an alchemy orb (or whatever it vendors for?) and go on?
No, game must be broken.
3.5 build: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2299519
"
Jojas wrote:
"
Miská wrote:

I find calling people "lazy" when it comes to playing games even more annoying. This is the brainwashed 21st century corporate tools applying their work ethic to their spare time, and turning their nose up at anyone who sees it differently.

No not really. You just interpret my words to fit your story. Lazy gamers are the brainwashed 21st century created by the likes of blizzard and co. Get everything, do nothing.

I have no problem with anyone spending their time the way they wish. However, if i have time to play 2 hours of PoE in a week, you won't find me complaining on the forum about all kinds of things. Unlike alot of people on these forums.

It's fairly simple to put RNG to your hand in this game. It just requires effort. And sadly, by the likes of yourself, effort is confused with work these days. Where as this is a game, and no work should be done (Cause we work in real life) It's hilarious really. And abit pathetic.
I am sick of people crying all the time. I play only HC leagues, I am totally broke, my last charachter died to lagspike (nothing i could do to prevent it), my gear is shit. It is part of the game, the game is punishing and that is why it feels so good when you get something good or when you can finally clear maps quickly. People just see some streamers that play 10 hours a day or people like that having supergood gear and they cry that they can't drop anything.

Stop crying, the game is fine. Could use some changes here and there, but w/o. It is still the best and the most complex ARPG game there ever was.
I trade so game is fine, l2t.

Spoiler
;)
GGG banning all political discussion shortly after getting acquired by China is a weird coincidence.
"
johnKeys wrote:
I am doing well, so why you QQ?

guys, you have absolutely no idea how utterly annoying this attitude is, when reading through forum posts.
out of all possible replies to other people's complaints - legitimate or not - some choose the one which indicates, more than others (choose the most appropriate):

1) they don't give a shit about other players.
2) they don't give a shit about the game, because they couldn't care less what happens outside their current bubble of "me".
3) they simply enjoy acting like complete dirt bags, in Forums.

this kind of shitty behaviour plagued the PoE Forum for as long as I remember it, but currently there's just too much of it.
please stop.

Why is #1 bad?

How does the attitude "I am lucky, therefore the game is fine" mean "they don't give a shit about the game". The fact that they hold an opinion about the state of the games 'fine-ness' seems to imply that they do care to some degree.

Why shouldn't people live in a "bubble of 'me'" insofar as it relates to their feedback about this game? If everyone reports on their own experiences (which is all they can do, reliably), GGG can aggregate the data and decide what impact it should have, if any, going forward.
Or maybe they are giving you their opinion on the game? Somehow I manage to "be lucky" in every league I play. And somehow you still have problems with every league you play. Maybe, just maybe, people are simply right, and you are wrong? Do we really need yet another jonhKeys' thread about one, and the same thing?

I'm not saying that everything is great, but I wouldn't say that other people's opinions are invalid because "they've got lucky".
Real knowledge is to know the extent of one's ignorance.
Ignorance more frequently begets confidence than does knowledge.
https://joeduncan123.imgur.com
https://joeduncan1234.imgur.com

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info