Decent one hander dmg

If the 100/200/300 rule is not precise enough, one can also look at poe.trade prices.
I try to upgrade my weapon every 10 levels.

lvl 40/50/60: 1 alch/chaos (weapon needs to meet level requirement and have high dps)
Lvl 70: 5 chaos
Lvl 80: 1 Ex
Lvl 90: As many Ex as I can afford to pay

"
sidtherat wrote:

second good news is that end-game viable weapons are easily available as uniques and the most interesting one is this:

Yes, they have filled most gaps by now (at least one weapon for each weapon class that is unique and has lategame dps).

You think it is still worth it to proliferate (use HoA in Doryani's?)

I tried and removed it after a couple of maps, the radius is so low, didn't want to reserve mana for this and use "item rarity" now instead on HoA. ;)
3.5 build: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2299519
Last edited by Peterlerock on Aug 13, 2015, 4:24:18 AM
"
Peterlerock wrote:

"
sidtherat wrote:

second good news is that end-game viable weapons are easily available as uniques and the most interesting one is this:

Yes, they have filled most gaps by now (at least one weapon for each weapon class that is unique and has lategame dps).

You think it is still worth it to proliferate (use HoA in Doryani's?)

I tried and removed it after a couple of maps, the radius is so low, didn't want to reserve mana for this and use "item rarity" now instead on HoA. ;)

this - like most of my builds is for lols, and it works better than expected. setup i use is even more 'stellar'

"
Snorkle_uk wrote:
ya, generally speaking tho you either count the pure elemental dps or the pure physical. Even if you are an elemental build that is scaling off physical like lightning strike + phys to lightning so you end up with 100% lightning or whatever... the lightning roll on your weapon still isnt really worth its number in dps compared to the phys because you are scaling physical damage on your tree most likely then converting it, so even if ur scaling the elemental too after the phys, the fact the raw lightning on the weapon isnt getting any benefit from that initial % increased physical damage or adding to the % extra damage as elemental from hatred/phys to lightning/added fire etc makes it far weaker.

Its not worthless, but if you have 200 dps physical and 50 dps lightning that in no way is = to a 250 dps pure physical weapon. Its nice to have, but basically think in terms of a weapon either being pure phys or pure elemental and disregard the other bit when evaluating what you are looking at i the majority of cases. If its a choice between 250 pdpds and 250 pdps + 50 edps then sure, get the one with the extra elemental bit because every little helps.

I feel like 200-250 physical dps is a decent map clearing weapon, I could count on 1 hand the amount of 1 handers Ive ever found with 300+ physical dps, seems like I find maybe 1 for every 2k hours I play.

I just started playing with the 2.0 release *I dabbled in this game before but so little I might as well not consider it as play time* and this is the piece I was missing. I couldn't understand why my damage felt so low compared to others that I grouped with. I looked at my weapon and calculated the DPS on it and thought *ok this seems good but still I do very little dps*.

This is embarrassing to admit because it seems so simple but I never thought to look just at the phys dmg of the weapon because all my nodes in my tree scale the Physical Damage of the weapon and nothing else... yeah.

Thank you very much for this explanation. It is a very big piece of the puzzle I was missing when calculating damage.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info