GGG says''what are u doing here solo players''

I hear this in my head after doing hundreds of maps and having 1 lv 74 map in my stash

They say 'higher lv maps drop sometimes' really ?? since 1 month im lv 90 running with

200 iir 30 iiq i've seen 1 map lv 75 dropped and maybe 3 maps lv 74 almost everything alched

many maps chiseled

You forgot Zana Mods and Sacrifice Pieces! You must not forget those!
If you dont invest atleast 15-20 Chaos in each map then you didnt do it right!
Or atleast thats what many will tell you anyway!

But then again what do i know.... I did all that shit and got 76 Double Hasted Dominus to drop Blue 68 Grotto map still so...

Its for the best really... it was the final push i needed to go try HC out and im now having fun again so.. atleast i got that going for me i suppose!

I know youve heard this a million times but its all RNG now man! Ive seen Etup myself with my own eyes run his maps WHITE and get better returns than some of my heavily invested maps!

BTW... MF does NOT effect map drops at all! Nor Divination Cards to my understanding but i could be wrong on that and if i am im sure someone will correct me!
There is a fine line between Consideration and Hesitation.
The former is Wisdom, the latter is Fear.
Last edited by Demonoz on Aug 12, 2015, 12:11:31 PM
If all you are doing is alching maps you can expect to float in the 73-75 lvl maps with a lucky 76 now and again. Your mf gear is not relevant.
Only today i alched 20 lv 73 maps-6 with double boss. i got back 3 lv 73 maps some lower

mainly lv 70.Bosses drooped 00000000000 maps

"
Demonoz wrote:
You forgot Zana Mods and Sacrifice Pieces! You must not forget those!
If you dont invest atleast 15-20 Chaos in each map then you didnt do it right!
Or atleast thats what many will tell you anyway!

But then again what do i know.... I did all that shit and got 76 Double Hasted Dominus to drop Blue 68 Grotto map still so...

Its for the best really... it was the final push i needed to go try HC out and im now having fun again so.. atleast i got that going for me i suppose!

I know youve heard this a million times but its all RNG now man! Ive seen Etup myself with my own eyes run his maps WHITE and get better returns than some of my heavily invested maps!

BTW... MF does NOT effect map drops at all! Nor Divination Cards to my understanding but i could be wrong on that and if i am im sure someone will correct me!

Increased item rarity improves the droprate of blue and yellow maps to my understanding (as well as more blue yellow orange amd I thought currency as well). It doesn't affect level of maps dropped, quantity gives more map drops though.

I have a lv 82 in Tempest and I have a fair amount of lv 74-76 maps. I mostly transmute my maps and augment and alt favorable mods. Also skip some bosses on hardcore like the 70 quarry map, temple Piety that new 71 map dryder thing that spamms adds on top of spamming some attack that hits for 3.6k
thx Guys for feedback but im not total noob and i know how to work with maps

Ofc skipping some bosses is normal :)

for example with my 90 witch i have to skip Merveil in Graveyard due to lag

my 83 marauder eats her alive
i can sustain 73-75 maps with just alchemy orbs... not even using chisels.

this seems like an exaggeration or a lie to me.
Every Saturday = National Booze n Poe Day
Unless GGG changed something with 2.0 (and I doubt they did for good reason) your quantity gear/gems/party members have zero effect on the amount of maps that drop.

The only thing that affects the number of maps that drop is on map quantity and pack size/compostion. Nothing affects the level of maps that drop besides the map level you are running and the rarity of the mob your are killing. Double boss does not give you an extra shot at the bonus +2 drop. However, the second boss can still drop a +2 from the regular drop table (unlikely).

Did I miss anything?
With all recpect Nasreth i have no reason to lie

im able to run any map in 5-10 min playing with fag in left hand but im still hitting the wall

with higher bracket :)
Whats your problem you dont want to spend 20 chaos a map to sustain? Cheap skate.

Learn to trade better. Then maybe you can sustain 77-78s. Mid maps.

Oh and you better have a deep well to dip into also - like when I ran 18 78 100%ers and got none higher back than 77. This way you can just buy maps when plan A doest work. You know ride out the rough patches.
Git R Dun!
Last edited by Aim_Deep on Aug 12, 2015, 2:42:47 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info