I'd like to know peoples' opinions on what's happening to Disfavours

Since my Warbands build basically needs a Disfavour to "finish", I've been keeping a very close eye on them ever since they first started appearing on .trade.

There was the obvious delay when nobody knew how to consistently get past Trio, and the few who got lucky flailing around in a new unknown metagame basically did what you would expect - put the items up for sale at a crazy high price, then slowly reduce it as long as they're the only ones.

Once other people figured Uber out, though, .trade got flooded with them and they very quickly hit the ~20 ex mark.

...Then the page dried up almost over night. And the price started going up. As of this time it's getting closer to the 30ex mark.

Anybody have any guesses as to what's going on? Initial sellers under-estimated demand for Disfavour? Over-estimated demand for other uniques (gotta make those Mortal set costs back somehow eh)? There's a long and complicated supply chain involved so I'd be interested in hearing the thoughts of anybody involved (e.g. is there a group buying up Mortal sets before you can contact the seller? Nobody farming sac sets?)
IGN: Ikimashouka, Tsukiyattekudasai, DontCallMeMrFroyo
I would say either 1 of 2 things is happening. Somebody manipulates the market, or they just get bought, because 2h axe cyclone/ice crash is one of the fotm play styles in this league. And now more ppl got to the point, were they can afford to buy such an item.
The Bleed effect and Bloodlust also seem to have quite a favorable interaction.

Certainly would make things more expensive.
Fake Temp League Elitists LUL
Yeah it certainly looks like the days of mid-league 5ex Disfavours are behind us.

Any thoughts on the drop-then-surge on the price?
IGN: Ikimashouka, Tsukiyattekudasai, DontCallMeMrFroyo
As a former owner of one, I'll say that the demand is super high. Also I have no idea that they were at ~20ex mark, the lowest I saw was for 25ex. They were always at ~30ex mark.

Given the super high demand and my b/o set to 30-32ex, I've received ~27ex offers at least 3 times a day, I've also received numerous offers from the already well-known flippers.

So, naturally, I've decided to stay put with my 30ex b/o with a minimum acceptable offer being 29ex.
Seeing other Disfavours remaining at ~30ex mark and those 2 or three (overall in WB) below 30ex mark vanishing, I've received a ~29ex offer and the same day I received a b/o offer.

TLDR; Super high demand with a pinch of flippers.
People are starting to realize Cyclone is the best build and the price is spiking. ;) /loyalist

I play in standard and paid 40ex for my 6l disfavour early on in 2.0, and now they're going for up to 75ex after about 3 weeks. lucky me my first 2.0 build was axe cyclone XD
Last edited by alexvsevil on Aug 12, 2015, 1:19:17 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info