Exalts inflation and drop rates - warbands

"
raics wrote:
And about ele 2H, check out this one, freshly dropped, soon to be vendored

Maybe I'm crazy but I'd throw an ex or two on that if it wasn't such an unhealthy practice overall, the chance to get an ele roll in one of two remaining slots is pretty high and it's even-stevens to be one of top four tiers. But yeah, it would still be worth shit except to a sucker big enough to play a crit ele 2H axe, like me.

Yeah, I threw an ex at it after all, once I blocked %phys with a master, of course.

Ele crit 2h axe still seems like a pointless venture, but I don't think I can get a better shot at it than with this pitchfork.
Wish the armchair developers would go back to developing armchairs.

◄[www.moddb.com/mods/balancedux]►
◄[www.moddb.com/mods/one-vision1]►
I've been playing too damn much this league and am going to stop. I have 3 Ex's and some mixed orbs which probably equal another exalt at the current 70c:1ex. My best items are a drillneck and a Whispering Ice staff which are on toons that have no gear -- all supplied by a MFing totem user that has no gear either.

I cant stand seeing trade chat and poe.trade full of Items I'll never be able to afford. Which puts me in my current situation: do I spend my only 3EX to upgrade 1 piece on my magic finder or buy a 2ex bow to upgrade my ranger, or save the 10+ Ex for my WhispIcer only to have the prices higher at the end of the month of saving. It still baffles me how people are able to amass 10+ Exalts to get a shit 6link item let alone 100ex for a perfect BiS item. I saw Atziri's 6link ax for 80ex on trade chat....along with wtb 1ex:75chaos.

I have no idea what I am doing wrong because it is evident I don't know how to play this game even after hitting 80+ multiple times but never ever having exalts to spend on upgrades. How do people get exalts so quickly to purchase items?

There is no way you are making Exalts daily by trading items you find while mapping. In the event you do get a good item and list it for 5+ EX, how does anyone have 5 spare exalts laying around? The only way I see is they were buying Exalts for 30-40 chaos a month ago because they were farming rares 24/7 for the first week non stop for the recipe and stashing them away - which only the nolifers were doing.

People will respond that the economy is fine and I am just mad that I don't spend enough time grinding for items. After more than 100 hours, how can you say I have not? I refuse to fill my tabs with rares and use the chaos recipe 35times just to hope I get 1 exalt worth of currency then find someone willing to take them. If it takes 10min to get one set in a map, that's 6hours - so after 24 hours (week of playing) I can upgrade one item - people are not doing this and its pissing me of not knowing what I am doing wrong.

How in the first month did people already have 20EX 6link shavs/lightning coils and mirrors?
"
LovelyNella wrote:
I've been playing too damn much this league and am going to stop. I have 3 Ex's and some mixed orbs which probably equal another exalt at the current 70c:1ex. My best items are a drillneck and a Whispering Ice staff which are on toons that have no gear -- all supplied by a MFing totem user that has no gear either.

I cant stand seeing trade chat and poe.trade full of Items I'll never be able to afford. Which puts me in my current situation: do I spend my only 3EX to upgrade 1 piece on my magic finder or buy a 2ex bow to upgrade my ranger, or save the 10+ Ex for my WhispIcer only to have the prices higher at the end of the month of saving. It still baffles me how people are able to amass 10+ Exalts to get a shit 6link item let alone 100ex for a perfect BiS item. I saw Atziri's 6link ax for 80ex on trade chat....along with wtb 1ex:75chaos.

I have no idea what I am doing wrong because it is evident I don't know how to play this game even after hitting 80+ multiple times but never ever having exalts to spend on upgrades. How do people get exalts so quickly to purchase items?

There is no way you are making Exalts daily by trading items you find while mapping. In the event you do get a good item and list it for 5+ EX, how does anyone have 5 spare exalts laying around? The only way I see is they were buying Exalts for 30-40 chaos a month ago because they were farming rares 24/7 for the first week non stop for the recipe and stashing them away - which only the nolifers were doing.

People will respond that the economy is fine and I am just mad that I don't spend enough time grinding for items. After more than 100 hours, how can you say I have not? I refuse to fill my tabs with rares and use the chaos recipe 35times just to hope I get 1 exalt worth of currency then find someone willing to take them. If it takes 10min to get one set in a map, that's 6hours - so after 24 hours (week of playing) I can upgrade one item - people are not doing this and its pissing me of not knowing what I am doing wrong.

How in the first month did people already have 20EX 6link shavs/lightning coils and mirrors?

I completely agree .. i'm in the same situation , i've been lucky myself to drop 2ex and get some gear going , but at the current chaos : ex rate there's no way to afford any upgrade , and it keeps getting worse , haven't been able to get one for 70c today .
I play , do ton of maps 74/79 range , never lower and I have not been able to get any exalt at all .
All the drops that seem to be worth 1ex ( mostly good rares ) are not selling , and every single upgrade is priced at least 2 ex .

This is getting boring really quickly , I feel GGG needs to either increase exalt drop rate or create a vendor recipe to stop price inflation
"
tryhardgg wrote:
"
master_bader wrote:
Had to open a thread about it because it became really absurd. I know there is an inflation in ex each league but this time it went way too high, last time I checked 1 ex was priced for 60c and the prices keep going up. Can anyone tell me what is the reason for that? I assumed it might be a backstage drop rate nerf since I got 3 characters over lvl 80 and another at lvl 55 and I had 0 ex drops so far but it might just be bad luck, I guess...

If you don't want inflation, play hardcore - problem solved .

Or even better, self-found. Trading is lame anyway.

Spoiler

BTW those are my warbands character:
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1373925#p11420621
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1315449#p11406545

Yes, I bought few pieces of gear, but I except conversion of few midnights, I haven't sold anything, it's all funded from self found currency.

I have also all Warbands uniques except The Pariah, Null's, Marohi, CoE, Devoto's and few other nice pieces, like this rare boots:

Or 459 ES shield my summoner uses.

Just farm patiently, you don't need to trade really.
Anticipation slowly dissipates...
Last edited by tmaciak on Aug 24, 2015, 2:57:28 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info