Exalts inflation and drop rates - warbands

Had to open a thread about it because it became really absurd. I know there is an inflation in ex each league but this time it went way too high, last time I checked 1 ex was priced for 60c and the prices keep going up. Can anyone tell me what is the reason for that? I assumed it might be a backstage drop rate nerf since I got 3 characters over lvl 80 and another at lvl 55 and I had 0 ex drops so far but it might just be bad luck, I guess...
Exalt inflation? When the price for an exalt is much higher than usual that suggests the opposite.
"I'm going to show you pain you never knew existed, you're going to see a whole new spectrum of pain!!!!! Like a RAINBOW!"
People have loads of Chaos Orbs, but not a lot of Exalts. "Everyone else is buying Exalts for 40 Chaos a piece, but I can easily afford 45 a piece. I'll just pay a little more than usual so people sell their Exalts to me!" -> everyone else follows suit because they hardly have a choice, and have similar amounts of Chaos anyways so whatever it's fine right.
He suggests that the price for an exalted is inflated.
"
Vipermagi wrote:
People have loads of Chaos Orbs, but not a lot of Exalts. "Everyone else is buying Exalts for 40 Chaos a piece, but I can easily afford 45 a piece. I'll just pay a little more than usual so people sell their Exalts to me!" -> everyone else follows suit because they hardly have a choice, and have similar amounts of Chaos anyways so whatever it's fine right.

that works to a point , but i also think flipping is becoming more and more popular with each passing league.

which means we now have a population of players that trade only at a profit. and when a large portion only trade for a profit. the price will naturally only go up. and it has been found that people have a very high tolerance for pain. which means plenty of poor fools will be willing to eat the hit and feed the problem.

this wouldn't be a major problem if there was a legitimate and measured way to create exalted orbs .. especially now that eternal orbs are gone.

i say this because it is not just chaos orbs , every orb when compared to the exalt is falling like a brick. and it would be silly to say that everything is falling when really it is only one thing that is going up.
I am not asking if there is an inflation or why inflation happens. I am saying that in this league the chaos:exalt ratio is much higher than it was in torment and rampage (I know prices are dropping at the end of the league, im comparing mid league state), and i am asking why
i already gave you my proposed reasons.

more people are joining the flipping band wagon . you can only go so many leagues before the concept "flip or die" gets nailed into even the thickest of skulls.

but you can also probably chock this up to the loss of eternal orbs which saved a TON of currency when rolling mirror gear. then again exalted orbs prior to the introduction of eternal were much cheaper ( talking 25 - 30 c on a bad day).

chaos orbs arent really part of the uber weapon crafting process. and the uber weapon crafting process just got a shitload more expensive .
Last edited by Saltychipmunk on Aug 12, 2015, 7:11:53 AM
"
Saltychipmunk wrote:
"
Vipermagi wrote:

that works to a point , but i also think flipping is becoming more and more popular with each passing league.

which means we now have a population of players that trade only at a profit. and when a large portion only trade for a profit. the price will naturally only go up. and it has been found that people have a very high tolerance for pain. which means plenty of poor fools will be willing to eat the hit and feed the problem.

this wouldn't be a major problem if there was a legitimate and measured way to create exalted orbs .. especially now that eternal orbs are gone.

i say this because it is not just chaos orbs , every orb when compared to the exalt is falling like a brick. and it would be silly to say that everything is falling when really it is only one thing that is going up.

Ty, finally a reasonable answer.
I agree with what you said generally but we had these problems in every league. I find it hard to believe that it's just the flippers who caused it.
But in standard ppl struggle for getting more than 40c for exalt, just keep your chaos orbs till the league end.

Many ppl blame mysterious flippers or speculants for prices to go up, but its supply and demand which generally determine the prices, more traders just make this process go faster and in poe there is too far from someone to create significant monopoly over something.
Last edited by tm10067 on Aug 12, 2015, 7:36:58 AM
No eternals is the big difference. Maybe some pressure from map changes/rolling. Also, this has nothing to do with inflation.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info