What do you look forward to each day?

nothing
A comprehensive, easy on the eyes loot filter:
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1245785

Need a chill group exiles to hang with? Join us:
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1251403
mhmm I'm epileptic so there are some days that are harder than the other for this reason. I just try to make the most of the goods days and enjoy what I can.
Generally I'd say nothing, but if I had to think for a bit, Id say that while I dont look forward to anything in particular, I wouldnt mind to be pleasantly surprised, however age has taught me that its foolish to expect anything to happen, so I've learned to have zero expectations. Erh, so yeah, nothing.

Oh what the hell, Ill give some colour to my post just so people dont see it grimly grey:

"I look forward to the organization contacting me again to re-start the great work.
I cannot deceive myself, even if its a laborious never-ending task, it needs to be done and is for the betterment of mankind, and though I have lost most of my concern, perhaps I have developed a need for it after so long, more so because of recent events.
This might be soon as one of their vehicles was outside tonight -though I purposely shooed 'em off without them knowing, because a part of me doesnt want to do it- its a complex matter with mixed emotions.
But it was what I was supposed to do, I know Im being childish and selfish for running away for so long, I am sorry that I dreamed to escape the confines of the cage that is destiny. I feel my escape will be over soon."

colour off

"
Sheriff_K wrote:

Sorry for such a dark comment on an otherwise light-hearted topic.. :S

I wouldnt call it that. Its the kind of topic for people with better lifes to display their joys, and people already down to be kicked further. (sure that might not be the intention of the topic, but that effect is undeniably there, though some may have it so good that they cant even understand how it would have such an effect)

Spoiler
Thanks for looking, I felt a final splat was necessary
Oblivious
Last edited by Disrupted on Jan 12, 2016, 9:10:38 PM
"
I assume at least some people who play PoE enough that it's a large part of their life probably don't have that much to look forward to each day. This is a pretty hardcore escapism mechanism.

"I look forward to that exalt drop" - now that's depressing.
Oblivious
I said nothing, despite the fact that I'm a generally happy and upbeat dude. It's just that nothing really excites me anymore on a daily basis. I don't jump out of bed for any particular reason. Just kinda gettin by.
A comprehensive, easy on the eyes loot filter:
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1245785

Need a chill group exiles to hang with? Join us:
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1251403
Calling poe a 'hardcore' escapism mechanism is a bit exaggerated when you look at the big picture, or in the perspective of life in general. Let's face it, people do hardcore drugs like cocaine and meth which literally destroy their bodies and lives in a very real and active and visible and horrendous way, to escape from their troubles in reality (i.e. escapism).

When compared to things like that, I wouldn't call any video game a 'hardcore' escapism mechanism - unless you do it to such an extreme that you actually die from it. So far, I haven't heard of anyone dying from playing too much poe..
Last edited by Darkfyre on Jan 13, 2016, 10:11:23 AM
^Hmm, dunno, think the potential is there, just you wait a bit longer. My money's on china.

"
Antnee wrote:
I said nothing, despite the fact that I'm a generally happy and upbeat dude. It's just that nothing really excites me anymore on a daily basis. I don't jump out of bed for any particular reason. Just kinda gettin by.

Understandable, to be honest, there's some answers in this thread that are more pathetic than "nothing" (though they may not be pathetic, but rather a misunderstanding on the subject). But well, as long as those posting those answers feel good with their lives, that's all that matters.

Spoiler
thread successfully derailed! MUHAHAHAHA
Oblivious
Last edited by Disrupted on Jan 13, 2016, 1:10:18 PM
Lamp. Not sure why. I just love it, a lot.
"
Darkfyre wrote:
Calling poe a 'hardcore' escapism mechanism is a bit exaggerated when you look at the big picture, or in the perspective of life in general. Let's face it, people do hardcore drugs like cocaine and meth which literally destroy their bodies and lives in a very real and active and visible and horrendous way, to escape from their troubles in reality (i.e. escapism).

When compared to things like that, I wouldn't call any video game a 'hardcore' escapism mechanism - unless you do it to such an extreme that you actually die from it. So far, I haven't heard of anyone dying from playing too much poe..

You sound like that triggered you. Cha's right, other than second life or EVE this is about as detached as you can get, videogame wise. You wont really get anywhere without massive time investment.
Don't forget to drink your milk 👌
"
TheWretch wrote:
"
Darkfyre wrote:

You sound like that triggered you. Cha's right, other than second life or EVE this is about as detached as you can get, videogame wise. You wont really get anywhere without massive time investment.

Not sure what you mean by "triggered".

Also, "detached" ? What? You mean detached from reality? Please tell me you don't play first person shooters! o_O

The thing about time investment is that you can invest a massive amount of time in anything over a long enough period of time and it doesn't count as excessive.

/sarcasmon

Hell.. do you know how much time the average human being spends in the bathroom in a year, completely alone? Man! Talk about escapism!

/sarcasmoff

Seriously, is anyone really concerned that people are trying to escape reality by playing PoE? I mean.. maybe I'm in the minority who just plays PoE for fun, but I kind of doubt it.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info