Kripp is #1 Priority in GGG's Eyes

"
its to keep kripp happy and continue playing

u know how many people are playing poe JUST becaues of kripp?

if kripp quit poe i gaurantee u a large amount of current poe players (kripp nuthuggers) would leave too

You can't be serious. It's an open beta. Not saying its bad or anything, just that it doesn't matter. If someone is only playing a game because of someone else, that's kind of sad in its own right.
Best results as Ranger
rank 29 (1 Hr Lethal TI Solo (S02E148))
rank 40 (2 Hr Fixed Seed Solo (S02E249))
rank 49 (1 Hour BLAMT Solo (S02E258))
Last edited by Zazzaro703 on Feb 13, 2013, 7:34:34 AM
People have this perception. But it's simply not true.
My Keystone Ideas: http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/744282
"
Chris wrote:
I was at my parents' house chatting with them. Suddenly within the span of a few seconds my phone received many text messages at once ("Kripp down!" etc). They asked what just happened and I explained one of our players died, without thinking about how that would sound to non-gamers.

I'm sure a lot of people let GGG know what's up with their most popular streamer.
Last edited by ionface on Feb 13, 2013, 11:30:58 AM
"
laycast wrote:
Am I the only one who notices that any issue Kripp brings up, GGG fixes it near immediately? They must have a GGG person watching his stream and writing down any problems he comes across so that they can be fixed, and once they fix it, Kripp announces "they fixed this issue I was having".

I wonder if this is actually a strategic PR move by GGG, since he is the most popular streamer and information relay person of the game. This puts an image in his viewer's minds that GGG is a very responsive company (they are).

Not saying this is bad or Kripp is bad...ect, but I'm just pointing out that there is a pattern, and if anyone else has been observant enough to notice it as well?

If you mean by fixes "abuses that Kripp uses" then yes, he is #1. I don't see a problem with this. PoE is still in Beta status and Kripp is motivated enough to find and (ab)use broken combinations. When he was part of closed beta first time his actions got Ground Slam and Frost Wall nerfed.

"
anubite wrote:
People have this perception. But it's simply not true.

Kripp is a huge priority to them. I doubt any of his builds were the first of their kind but he gives them so much visibility that they have to raise fixing them higher on their list of priorities.

It's part PR and part good and thoughtful developers. Blizzard never really cared about their streamers or hardcore players. They are a horrible company when it comes to communication. GGG is on the other end of the spectrum by joining streamers mumble chats or speaking with them individually.

The problem they may run into is the discrepancy between hardcore players and casuals. Blizzard are experts at garnering the casual players who don't need feedback or challenges. GGG may be happy with this being a niche game or they may decide they want to become bigger fish and compromise more.
Really??? Are we still talking about this loser krap fella??? This dude needs to get a life already *rolls eyes*

GGG really needs to stick to their priorities and leave the krap in the garbage where it belongs.
The Pope quit, a meteor fell on Russia, an
asteroid came close to the earth, there's snow
in Arizona, star wars and star trek have the
same director! Who the hell is playing jumanji?
"
"
achan070 wrote:
its to keep kripp happy and continue playing

u know how many people are playing poe JUST becaues of kripp?

if kripp quit poe i gaurantee u a large amount of current poe players (kripp nuthuggers) would leave too

You can't be serious. It's an open beta. Not saying its bad or anything, just that it doesn't matter. If someone is only playing a game because of someone else, that's kind of sad in its own right.

@Achan0070:

And... your point being?? That might actually be good for the game to get rid of some of the garbage that joined OB. I've noticed a lot of riff raff that has come around ever since OB started. Maybe if that schmuck krap left, he'd take half of these wastes of human space with him...
The Pope quit, a meteor fell on Russia, an
asteroid came close to the earth, there's snow
in Arizona, star wars and star trek have the
same director! Who the hell is playing jumanji?
@Udja - you make me sad to be supporter too

your behaviour is ... primitive.
"
species258 wrote:
@Udja - you make me sad to be supporter too

your behaviour is ... primitive.

Are you having a bad day? Pretty much every post I've seen from you in the last hours are passive aggressive and it seems you're just looking for some good ol' flaming.

Seriously, I don't think that's creating an healthy atmosphere, could you please tone it down a little? ;)
im having a great day actually, thats just my general stance i guess. I can try, for you.

But i really hate it when CB players acts all elitist and rude to newcomers. "OB trash/human space wasters" is really over the line for me here
Last edited by species258 on Feb 13, 2013, 7:35:23 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info