Kripp is #1 Priority in GGG's Eyes

Once again.

Stop the insults and flaming. If you have nothing pertinent to add to the discussion then stay out of it. One more insult flies through and the people doing it are going to get a vacation from the forums.
“Too often we underestimate the power of a touch, a smile, a kind word, a listening ear, an honest compliment, or the smallest act of caring, all of which have the potential to turn a life around.”
—Leo Buscaglia

Contact support@grindinggear.com to report issues relating to the game or forum. Thanks!

My beloved pets....

"
Rhek wrote:
"
laycast wrote:

Not saying this is bad or Kripp is bad...ect, but I'm just pointing out that there is a pattern, and if anyone else has been observant enough to notice it as well?

Than why point it out to begin with? You Kripp haters are much more annoying than the Fanboys.

^This.

Hate him or love him, Kripp is a smart player. There's a reason people watch his stream - he has more interesting things to say about the game than a lot of other streamers out there.
IGN: ScrubcoreRulezBitch
Alt: HardcorePwnsScrubcore
"
peachii wrote:
Once again.

Stop the insults and flaming. If you have nothing pertinent to add to the discussion then stay out of it. One more insult flies through and the people doing it are going to get a vacation from the forums.

I agree - but I'm sure you're talking to me of course. However, if you're out to stop people who "have nothing pertinent to add to the discussion" you should mute people who dump in every thread with a totally irrelevant point about their ongoing vendetta over one issue in the game. Will someone do that? (just click on his name to see the evidence).
IGN: ScrubcoreRulezBitch
Alt: HardcorePwnsScrubcore
Trying to bring this thread back on topic, I would say this:

Given the wonderful complexity in the game, the ability for numerous skills to interact in new and potentially unexpected ways, it's illogical to assume that this small team of devs was able to conceive of, let alone test each of the ways various skills and builds could combine.

Since this is still Beta after all as well, it's only natural that we'll see many more refinements come through in patches, and even a few major changes along the way to 1.0.

Given that, it only makes sense for GGG to keep an eye on the more popular streamers as just one more way of seeking feedback from the community.
Kripparrian has talked a lot to Chris, as far as I know.

It's very, very likely that they're simply like-minded people and that it's easy for GGG to see eye-to-eye with a lot of the stuff that Kripp brings to light. It's a hardcore-oriented game and Kripp tags himself under No Life for a reason.

It definitely happens, though. As someone on his stream said: When Kripp plays stunlock, it goes from a "we've known about this and we'll fix it eventually" problem to an "it'll be fixed by next patch" problem.
Last edited by mfwahwah on Feb 13, 2013, 2:15:29 AM
off topic;
But isn't it sad to see since the new influx of players since open beta the forums has just gone totally down the toilet?

People flaming at each other due to (my opinion/perspective on things is right! you're wrong! gtfo!)

oh and not to mention streamers getting spammed invites and messages over and over. (this never happened in closed beta)

on topic;
Kripp is a very smart gamer in my eyes, he isn't your average casual gamer who doesn't think twice about theory-crafting for hours on end before playing.

He is smart and has alot of experience when it comes to ARPGS. That is all.
Why does the internet turn everyone into Fox Newscasters?

Kripp is THE ONLY THING ggg cares about!!.... (Or is he?)

See I'm just asking questions here.

"
mfwahwah wrote:
Kripparrian has talked a lot to Chris, as far as I know.

It's very, very likely that they're simply like-minded people and that it's easy for GGG to see eye-to-eye with a lot of the stuff that Kripp brings to light. It's a hardcore-oriented game and Kripp tags himself under No Life for a reason.

It definitely happens, though. As someone on his stream said: When Kripp plays stunlock, it goes from a "we've known about this and we'll fix it eventually" problem to an "it'll be fixed by next patch" problem.

This is spectacularly on-the-money.

When you get as much attention as Kripparrian does, you can expect to be heard, even by the devs who should but in all fairness cannot be entirely impartial and take everyone's feedback equally.

If you're going to get on Kripp's back for having a direct line to the devs, you might as well get on the alpha testers' backs for the same -- and in both cases, it's not because the devs are playing favourites: it's because these people were chosen precisely because the devs valued their feedback.

Is it favouritism to be chosen for a task because you're actually good at it?

And whatever you might feel about Kripparrian, he gives extremely good feedback. Playing games for a living and with as much demand as he has to be actually GOOD at it...you probably learn a thing or two about game mechanics and how to give feedback on them.

Also, I've seen much, MUCH more feedback from people who aren't Kripp get taken on board than by him alone. This remains a collective effort. I thought Tall Poppy Syndrome was an Australian thing...looks like we're not the only ones to begrudge the success of others. The worst thing is, Kripp's not a bad guy. He's not arrogant or condescending: I've watched enough of his stream to get that much of an impression. When he died, he was shocked and amazed and laughing, not indignant or blaming the devs. And he started a new character.

I really admire that. Kripp sits on a hell of a pedestal and I don't think many people could stay there without letting it turn them into complete arseholes.

And if Chris enjoys his company, then I seriously doubt Kripp is an arsehole.

...So there you have it. The dude is famous in the circles, he's earned that fame by and large, and when he talks, devs listen.

That doesn't make him teacher's pet or GGG's number one priority. It just makes him an authority on the subject. Which he is. He plays. Incessantly and expertly. Listening to what Kripp has to say about their game is in GGG's best interest.
Warhammer 40k Inquisitor: where shotgunning is not only not nerfed, it is deeply encouraged.

Dogma > Souls, but they're masterworks all. You can't go wrong.

I was right about PoE2 needing to be a separate, new game. It was really obvious.
Last edited by Foreverhappychan on Feb 13, 2013, 2:39:49 AM
Issues Kripp mentions have high priority because so many players follow him. If he starts to use some OP build everyone instantly copies it and if he complains about something everyone starts to complain about it.
"
Charan wrote:
I thought Tall Poppy Syndrome was an Australian thing...looks like we're not the only ones to begrudge the success of others.

I thought Tall Poppy Syndrome was a Kiwi thing. Don't take that from us too!

"
Charan wrote:
The worst thing is, Kripp's not a bad guy. He's not arrogant or condescending: I've watched enough of his stream to get that much of an impression. When he died, he was shocked and amazed and laughing, not indignant or blaming the devs.

Yeah his reaction to that death was great. I don't understand the hate from some people. Well I do, but it still sucks.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info